G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Avoiding blind spots on the G coupe (anything to avoid this?)

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 05:52 PM
trulegend
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Avoiding blind spots on the G coupe (anything to avoid this?)

Ever since i have purchased my Coupe few months back, only complain i have is blind spot on this car when driving in the freeway .

i have my seat all the way back and leaned a little i can see both mirrors but still have to turn and look, the times i dont turn i almost either hear a horn or get blind spotted with a car there.

anything i can do to avoid this?
Old 10-19-2011, 05:55 PM
The Rabbi

Try something like this? They're blind spot mirrors.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:58 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yeap.

tilt your head over your shoulders and check before switching lanes.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:59 PM
Conn

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't trust mirrors due to the same issue in my truck. I've just developed a habit of always using peripherals to check my surroundings and it's served me well.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:07 PM
G37SBS
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't know what you guys are talking about... You just need to adjust the mirrors correctly and there is no blind spots to be worry about.. You just need to lean forward a little just to be safe if u want to change lanes..
Old 10-19-2011, 06:07 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Driving like this doesn't normally help either

The following users liked this post:
Джон (06-30-2014)
Old 10-19-2011, 06:12 PM
trulegend
Registered Member

Originally Posted by G37Sam
Driving like this doesn't normally help either

i know someone will bring this up soon "tha Gangsta lean" LOL

i am so use to driving in my lexus suv like that, i set the seat on my G like that also, especially on long a$$ freeway traffic rides...
Old 10-19-2011, 06:16 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by trulegend
i know someone will bring this up soon "tha Gangsta lean" LOL

i am so use to driving in my lexus suv like that, i set the seat on my G like that also, especially on long a$$ freeway traffic rides...
People are going to judge you though
Old 10-20-2011, 12:27 AM
GotAir523

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
this is the first car where i don't have my seat leaned all the way back like that...my roommates laugh at me and say they're proud i've finally grown up. gonna have to agree with G37SBS thou, i set my mirrors to the point i don't have a blindspot, but just for reassurance i lean forward and use the mirror if needed....if its at night thou, my limo tint usually blacks out my mirrors unless im near a light lol
Old 10-20-2011, 12:43 AM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by G37SBS
I don't know what you guys are talking about... You just need to adjust the mirrors correctly and there is no blind spots to be worry about.. You just need to lean forward a little just to be safe if u want to change lanes..
Yep...it's amazing how many people don't really know how to set their mirrors. For some odd reason people like to set them so they see the side of their car mostly...that doesn't help you see what's in the lane next to you.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:55 AM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Agree with the above posters mentioning the positioning of the mirrors.

I have my mirrors all the way out, right before the point where they automatically bounce back for going out too far.

Use your rear-view mirror until you see the back end of the car in the lane next to you, by then the front should be in the side view mirror. By the time you see the back of the car in the side view mirror, the front of the car should be right next to your window.

No blind spots.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:41 AM
ncpalafox
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
To the OP, i kinda see what you are getting at. I agree, blind spots for this car does suck (compared to some other cars i've driven) although you do not need a lesson in how to use your mirrors and to turn your head before changing lanes, i do believe there should be a practical solution.

When i had my older car (my vw gti 03) although blind spots arent nearly as bad as the g37 coupe, i did use a convex Broadway mirror attachment to my rear view mirror Broadway Convex Rear View Mirror | Password JDM

As much as I wanted to use this for the G37, for whatever reason, it doesnt fit well on our mirror, especially with the homelink buttons as the broadway mirror gets in the way.

I believe this style mirror would help a lot in reducing blindspots but unfortunately this specific brand does not fit will with our rearview mirrors. maybe other people in the forums have tried other mirrors that work with it? please chime in
Old 10-20-2011, 07:57 AM
1NEETO

Originally Posted by G37SBS
^^ THIS! It truly amazes me how many people don't know how to adjust their mirrors. I have absolutely no problems with blind spots on my G, they're very minimal and I know how to deal with them.

There's no rocket science to this. All you have to do is to minimize as much as possible the overlap in between your rear view and side mirrors. Basically if you can see a car (or bike, don't forget to look for those!) on your rear view and side mirror at the same time, your side mirror adjustment is wrong.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:01 AM
1NEETO

Apologies for the redundancy. I should of read the whole thread first! I must say I'm proud of myg37.com this topic has come up on many car sites I visit and many are absolutely clueless about the mirror thing lol!
Old 10-20-2011, 09:05 AM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
There was actually another thread about this months back and years back. Do some searching.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...r-mirrors.html

Last edited by cereal2k; 10-20-2011 at 09:12 AM.

Quick Reply: Avoiding blind spots on the G coupe (anything to avoid this?)