G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Got Hit by a Deer

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 02:55 PM
davv1215

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best thing about the accident is you're unharmed. After that, doesn't look bad at all. Looks easily fixable in my opinion.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:43 PM
Itchytoe

Looks like an easy fix. You're out your deductable, and the car for a week or so while it's being fixed, but nothing major.

Insurance will only cover your aftermarket parts if it's part of your policy, which it probably isn't.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:25 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Holy crap! A deer did that? WTF
Old 10-19-2011, 08:26 PM
_ant_

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Wow sorry to hear about your car man. At least you're ok and your insurance will take care of it.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:08 PM
G37Vert

Man, that sucks. IF, I ever get hit, I hope it's in my Wife's Honda Fit and not in my G or worse on the Harley. Glad you are ok, and the car will be fixed.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:50 PM
tWistedMissiOn
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
what... Glad you're ok, but it hurts to see your car in that shape man. Hope you can get it fixed soon. Good Luck.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:10 AM
adroitcaptor
Registered Member

Glad you are OK bro. Thank God no one was hurt.

The dent in your hood is from the deer's head.

Aftermarket parts that are 'permanently installed' are covered under CPE (Custom Parts and Equipment) insurance. This is often lsited under Comprehensive depending on your policy. I am with State Farm and all my cars of comprehensive, and thus are covered for aftermarket stuffs.

FWIW comprehensive insurance is usually what would cover hitting an animal.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:41 PM
superslick

Glad your ok. Your lucky it hit your fender and not your windshield. Damages dont look that bad.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:21 PM
Danny Boy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gamedog
As others have said, could've been a lot worse.

I give you exhibit A:

And the post that it was taken from (worth the read):

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...ted-early.html
That is my car. The body part behind the car was the back part of a fawn which got cut up by the front passenger side pillar. The back part landed on my lap. I was very lucky to have walked away unharmed.

<O</OThe repair took six weeks (in northern <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com</st1:State>Ontario) and $13K plus rental of an ES350. The interior (eg seats, head liners etc) had to be replaced.

The car is running just like new now.<O</O
Old 10-21-2011, 02:59 PM
OB G

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Danny Boy
That is my car. The body part behind the car was the back part of a fawn which got cut up by the front passenger side pillar. The back part landed on my lap. I was very lucky to have walked away unharmed.

<O</OThe repair took six weeks (in northern <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com</st1:State>Ontario) and $13K plus rental of an ES350. The interior (eg seats, head liners etc) had to be replaced.

The car is running just like new now.<O</O
Wow I just noticed that thing laying behind your car! I would've freaked the f out if it's leg was just laying on me.

I just got quoted for the damage and the shop said it's gonna run me ~$7500 and will be done by 11/4. Hoping I get it back by then so I can have it for my last autocross event of the season that weekend

They take pictures of the work that they've done for the day too and they upload pics onto their website. Kind of neat to seat it progress.

In the mean time I got a rental from Nationwide - a Chrysler 300. Ugh it's so ugly. And it literally feels like I'm driving a boat. I'm almost embarrassed to drive it. How did you manage to get a Lexus??

Thanks for the kind words everyone
Old 10-21-2011, 03:08 PM
OB G

And here's update 1: waiting for parts to arrive

Old 10-21-2011, 08:16 PM
Danny Boy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OB G
Wow I just noticed that thing laying behind your car! I would've freaked the f out if it's leg was just laying on me.

I just got quoted for the damage and the shop said it's gonna run me ~$7500 and will be done by 11/4. Hoping I get it back by then so I can have it for my last autocross event of the season that weekend

They take pictures of the work that they've done for the day too and they upload pics onto their website. Kind of neat to seat it progress.

In the mean time I got a rental from Nationwide - a Chrysler 300. Ugh it's so ugly. And it literally feels like I'm driving a boat. I'm almost embarrassed to drive it. How did you manage to get a Lexus??

Thanks for the kind words everyone
I had to pay $800 deductable under the fully comprehensive coverage.
<O</O

The insurance company is obliged to give me a rental with an equivalent classification to my car. There is a maximum rental cost per claim which I don’t remember.

<O</OMake sure you mention to the repair shop that you have the self-healing paint (if you have that on your car).<O</O
<O
</O
Good luck.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:33 PM
OB G

Originally Posted by Danny Boy
I had to pay $800 deductable under the fully comprehensive coverage.
<O</O

The insurance company is obliged to give me a rental with an equivalent classification to my car. There is a maximum rental cost per claim which I don’t remember.

<O</OMake sure you mention to the repair shop that you have the self-healing paint (if you have that on your car).<O</O
<O
</O
Good luck.
Hm well my insurance company said they cover up to $30/day and they have like a deal with Enterprise. I wouldn't rent the 300 out for $30/day if someone gave me the money.

They said they're getting me all oem parts so hopefully I won't have to worry about them painting it.