Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Clear as can be...

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 11:40 PM
Unique Bliss

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Clear as can be...

To start, I just want to say that I love my G37 ever since I purchased it in February of this year. I didn’t want to go MOD crazy so I have only added the JP-Vizage front and sides, BC-Racing suspension, SPC camber kits and Ichiba 20mm spacers all around. I love the look of the stock wheels/tires for now, but I would like to MOD my headlights since it can make such a big difference in the cars appearance.
Here are a few iPhone pictures of my car currently… comments are welcomed of course…

I have been doing some research on how to swap out my current head light projector lens for the TSX-R lens. I was able to find a DIY on G35driver that explained the process for the sedan, but I am looking for one for my coupe. While I have the lights open, I am planning on painting them as well. Here are my main questions:
  1. Is there a DIY for the lens swap for the coupe or is using the sedan version sufficient?
  2. Will changing the projector lens out mess up the beam alignment of my projectors? If so, will I be able to reasonably be able to align them back to stock height/width?
  3. When I seal the lights back together, how can a best prevent from getting condensation? Please provide details as to sealant used and how to apply, etc.
  4. Anybody have any experience with the Orb LED from 180Custom???

I am assuming some people on this forum have done this themselves. I am not a complete noob when it comes to this since I had a previous retro-fit on my accord a few years back. I am just looking for any guidance since I will only have about 3 days to get the process completed.

Last note, I am in the Dallas area. If there are any G owners around the area that have experience in using a local shop or doing the install themselves, I would perhaps be interested in paying someone to do these things.

Thanks for all of the comments and suggestions.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:52 PM
JackM829

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm more impressed with the quality of the iPhone pics lol Assuming that's an iPhone 4?
Old 10-07-2011, 12:01 AM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Very clean indeed.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:22 AM
JJsBusaRox

Besides my suspension, I've DIY'd the mods on my car. But headlights, that's a scary thing to do especially if you haven't done it before. It's a meticulous job, good luck!
Old 10-07-2011, 01:20 AM
G37SBS
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
How is the ride quality of BC coils? is it same as stock? better than stock or worst than stock?

i think you'll need to drop it a little more to look more aggressive.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:31 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
looks nice, although i am not a fan of headlight painting...
Old 10-07-2011, 09:40 AM
85bmw86vw09inf

Nice ride! I'm actually more impressed with a thread on a car forum using grammar, spelling and punctuation.

Signed,

G37 coupe brother in SAT.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:42 AM
Unique Bliss

Originally Posted by JackM829
I'm more impressed with the quality of the iPhone pics lol Assuming that's an iPhone 4?
it is an iPhone 4... takes pretty good pictures for sure.

Originally Posted by soolman32
Very clean indeed.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by JJsBusaRox
Besides my suspension, I've DIY'd the mods on my car. But headlights, that's a scary thing to do especially if you haven't done it before. It's a meticulous job, good luck!
Same here... I installed everything myself besides the suspension parts. Did you DIY your headlights though? I have painted a set before on my previous car, but I could use some assistance on this one if you have some?

Originally Posted by G37SBS
How is the ride quality of BC coils? is it same as stock? better than stock or worst than stock?

i think you'll need to drop it a little more to look more aggressive.
I feel that the ride quality is very close to stock since it has the 30-way adjustable dampening. I think I have mine on 12 with 1 being softest and 30 being stiffest. I agree about dropping the car a little bit more, but I have a few bad roads around my area and if I go any lower I will rub my front tires and I'm not a big fan of camber...

Originally Posted by Pcasey
looks nice, although i am not a fan of headlight painting...
Thanks! I think if the headlights are done right they can look really good, but if done wrong... Yikes!!!
Old 10-07-2011, 09:44 AM
Unique Bliss

Originally Posted by 85bmw86vw09inf
Nice ride! I'm actually more impressed with a thread on a car forum using grammar, spelling and punctuation.

Signed,

G37 coupe brother in SAT.
Thanks! It really gets on my nerves when people just ramble without making any sense.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:21 AM
The Rabbi

Texas Fight! Really nice car though, I love the subtlety of your changes.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:59 PM
Unique Bliss

To the top... Need some feedback...
Old 10-07-2011, 10:07 PM
A_Palaroan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
car looks great! what kind of wheels are you looking to get?
Old 10-08-2011, 02:32 AM
LakeShow

Very subtle and clean. Are the rims the original color? Look almost chrome, maybe just the picture.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:29 AM
adroitcaptor
Registered Member

LOL Bro, you might have to start another thread. You posted some great looking pictures which is probably going to thwart the majority of possible responses. (Most individuals in today's America have cognitive attentions similar to a dog... shiny?)

Great looking ride.

Hope this helps keep your question at the top until someone actually sees the questions below the pics.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:56 AM
G37SBS
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Unique Bliss
I feel that the ride quality is very close to stock since it has the 30-way adjustable dampening. I think I have mine on 12 with 1 being softest and 30 being stiffest. I agree about dropping the car a little bit more, but I have a few bad roads around my area and if I go any lower I will rub my front tires and I'm not a big fan of camber...
alright thanks .. is there any reason why you don't go softer than 12? i thought softer is better since you get less feedback from bad roads/bumps right ?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Clear as can be...