Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

IPL + Tow Hook Cover = /Facepalm then "o.O"

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 08:15 PM
reVx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IPL + Tow Hook Cover = /Facepalm then "o.O"

So here's how the story goes... noticed one day that the tow hook cover on my IPL was missing, evidently it was never properly installed, I dunno. Anyways, went to Crest Infiniti in Plano, Texas and they checked it out and ordered the parts. It took them about a month in order to get the part in. I figured it would be difficult due to the kit being limited on the car. So this is the part that shocked me.... They informed me that they had to replace the entire front bumper because of this one piece (first picture attached). Completely shocked that the engineering of this bumper made it that they could not replace solely the tow hook cover itself. Anyways, I really didn't care due to the fact that they were covering everything. So I got my car back the next day to get a call from one of their reps and he told me that the front bumper was different than what i had prior.. To my surprise it had new chrome accents/bezels around the fog lights.

OH and p.s. dont judge my crappy cell phone pics!
Attached Thumbnails IPL + Tow Hook Cover = /Facepalm then "o.O"-towhookcover.jpg   IPL + Tow Hook Cover = /Facepalm then "o.O"-cleanpassenger.jpg   IPL + Tow Hook Cover = /Facepalm then "o.O"-frontdriverfog.jpg   IPL + Tow Hook Cover = /Facepalm then "o.O"-sideassipl.jpg  

Last edited by reVx; 10-04-2011 at 08:36 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:20 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! they pulled a swap and gave you the l.e. bumper which costs a lot less retail than the IPL bumper!! go back!!!!their probably going to sell your bumper or give it to some tech!!!!!! if you ever try to re-sell a true IPL customer will know you have the wrong bumper and think you were in an accident and replaced it cheaply!
Old 10-04-2011, 08:21 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you know those chrome bezels are that of the 2011 Aero kit. IPL kits are the same except it is not in chrome. You have the IPL.. why would you want Aero inserts? From the front your car looks exactly like a normal G with Aero kit on.. not that it matters but I would definitely tell the dealership to put back the IPL inserts..

tl;dr
you got played Sir
Old 10-04-2011, 08:23 PM
RYs06MT

Originally Posted by xlack
you know those chrome bezels are that of the 2011 Aero kit. IPL kits are the same except it is not in chrome. You have the IPL.. why would you want Aero inserts? From the front your car looks exactly like a normal G with Aero kit on.. not that it matters but I would definitely tell the dealership to put back the IPL inserts..

tl;dr
you got played Sir
+1 they got him! that's so messed up, straight up fraud they know they put the cheaper bumper on. Everything that glitters aint gold (his chrome accents) actually mean cheaper price.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:25 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Actually I re-read and yeah what RYs06MT said is correct.. they didn't just replace the lower bumper inserts.. but the bumper itself is that of a Aero Kit not the IPL bumper, even though they look the same.

and yea.. they are different prices even though they look exactly the same less the chrome lower bumper inserts.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:25 PM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by RYs06MT
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! they pulled a swap and gave you the l.e. bumper which costs a lot less retail than the IPL bumper!! go back!!!!their probably going to sell your bumper or give it to some tech!!!!!! if you ever try to re-sell a true IPL customer will know you have the wrong bumper and think you were in an accident and replaced it cheaply!

THIS!!! Its the anniversary edition bumper! If I saw this car I would think someone FAKELY put an IPL badge on thier car and just switched to an aero kit! Go back go back go back! Those bastards!
Old 10-04-2011, 08:27 PM
xlack
Registered Member

u guys got it all wrong!

This is the 2011 Aero bumper, not the LE or Anniversary bumper

2010 Limited edition bumper = chrome inserts, no foglights
2011 Aero bumper = chrome inserts, foglights
2011 IPL bumper = no chrome inserts, foglights

but yeah.... get back your IPL bumper. All these bumpers look the same!! But they are priced differently and a true IPL will NOT have chrome inserts...
Old 10-04-2011, 08:31 PM
reVx

wow seriously? That's f'd up... See they told me they had a problem finding the parts in the first place and didn't know which part number it even was. I'll def get that fixed for sure i dont want a fake ipl bumper >.< That's pretty messed up, and i thought these guys were good. Maybe someone just didn't know? Who knows.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:33 PM
xlack
Registered Member

its not fake IPL bumper.. it's just something else, NOT an IPL bumper. Yeah, it took me sometime to figure out what is what and their differences.. can't really blame them. And yeah definitely get back the correct bumper or at least non-chromed lower bumper inserts. Good luck!
Old 10-04-2011, 08:41 PM
RYs06MT

I think you can blame them, I'm sure the dealership is well aware the IPL doesn't have chrome. And thank you for the correction Xlack, I'm not sure which it was, but I knew the IPL had 0 chrome, and costs more than the others. Point in case they could not get his bumper in a timely manner so they gave him something cheaper they had stored in back most likely. They we're probably smurking when he drove off. I'd go back first thing in the a.m. and demand a bumper get shipped their asap for trying to run scams on me.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:46 PM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
the IPL bumper is just a black bezel you can purchase.....
Old 10-04-2011, 08:48 PM
reVx

I think you can blame them, I'm sure the dealership is well aware the IPL doesn't have chrome. And thank you for the correction Xlack, I'm not sure which it was, but I knew the IPL had 0 chrome, and costs more than the others. Point in case they could not get his bumper in a timely manner so they gave him something cheaper they had stored in back most likely. They we're probably smurking when he drove off. I'd go back first thing in the a.m. and demand a bumper get shipped their asap for trying to run scams on me.
Well I'm not sure if i should blame them or not, litterally they were pretty much knowledgeless about the IPL parts in the first place so who knows. Point is, i'm getting the correct bumper back
Old 10-04-2011, 09:03 PM
RYs06MT

Originally Posted by da mayor
the IPL bumper is just a black bezel you can purchase.....
I wish every dealership was as helpful and knowledgable as you... trust me, you all are far from equal. I've ran into nothing but people with no information at dealerships, you seem very much on point, always. And I'm sure your locations sales show that!
Old 10-04-2011, 09:11 PM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
I wish every dealership was as helpful and knowledgable as you... trust me, you all are far from equal. I've ran into nothing but people with no information at dealerships, you seem very much on point, always. And I'm sure your locations sales show that!
i dont sell ...im a finance manager
Old 10-04-2011, 09:12 PM
RYs06MT

^ yes I know, which shows more about your location, I'm sure your sales staff is very well trained if even the finance manager knows the facts... all the finance people i've had have been like 90 years old and only know how to sell lo jack and have 0 information about the cars lol

Quick Reply: IPL + Tow Hook Cover = /Facepalm then "o.O"