G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

IPL + Tow Hook Cover = /Facepalm then "o.O"

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 10:50 PM
tbone12

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
sorry to hear about the stealership failing once again. I just got my car back today for some paint repair (it was there for two weeks) and it had 20 more miles on the odometer. they have an in house body shop so bet those fu*kers to it on a joy ride or something.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:07 PM
G-Lover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just for clarity. The bumper comes painted from Infiniti. Firstly, if it came painted then it is an IPL bumper as only the IPL comes in Malbec Black. Secondly, you can order the tow hook cover, painted Malbec Black from the factory by itself. And third, you can order the grills with the black trim separately. When the dealership ordered the grills they mistakenly ordered the chrome ones.

That is the true full story. If you have any questions that you would like answered completely and honestly call Brad at orderinfinitiparts.com. He is the real deal and is extremely knowledgeable about all things Infiniti.

Good Luck!
Old 10-05-2011, 12:09 AM
reVx

Originally Posted by G-Lover
Just for clarity. The bumper comes painted from Infiniti. Firstly, if it came painted then it is an IPL bumper as only the IPL comes in Malbec Black. Secondly, you can order the tow hook cover, painted Malbec Black from the factory by itself. And third, you can order the grills with the black trim separately. When the dealership ordered the grills they mistakenly ordered the chrome ones.

That is the true full story. If you have any questions that you would like answered completely and honestly call Brad at orderinfinitiparts.com. He is the real deal and is extremely knowledgeable about all things Infiniti.

Good Luck!
Yes it did come painted. If they can order the tow hook alone why did they replace the whole bumper?
Old 10-05-2011, 12:33 AM
DPE G

Received 112 Likes on 73 Posts
They should just be able to swap your old bezels into the new bumper. No big deal
Old 10-05-2011, 12:35 AM
reVx

Originally Posted by DPE G
They should just be able to swap your old bezels into the new bumper. No big deal
I asked about that and they told me it could be a problem. I'll get a manager and go through him.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:26 AM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
something is fishy here...

> missing tow hook cover
> orders new bumper

Old 10-05-2011, 08:15 AM
Coprolite

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
An example of why I am happy that I bought from Sewell.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:02 PM
reVx

Originally Posted by xlack
something is fishy here...

> missing tow hook cover
> orders new bumper

I agree, it didn't sound right, but I wasn't going to argue with it. I assumed terrible engineering of the bumper.

Here's an update as well:

So called them back they are going to replace my Fog light bezels back to what they were.

2nd. Found a paint chip in my passenger door and a scuff/scratch on the passenger door handle. This really irritates me that they treated my car like utter crap and will be letting their management know about this horrid service. The service adviser has been cool throughout the process, but the handling of the vehicle is unacceptable. They will be fixing all of this tomorrow when I have a chance to take the car in. I'm honestly surprised with crest, they were so great to work with in the first place.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:30 PM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
well malbec black is a hard color to match... maybe that is why they just started with a whole new bumper?
Old 10-05-2011, 06:36 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
What a joke, just read through this. Stupid dealership, doesn't make any sense what they did unless an idiot was handling the process. Hope everything gets sorted out.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:44 AM
reVx

Originally Posted by Pcasey
What a joke, just read through this. Stupid dealership, doesn't make any sense what they did unless an idiot was handling the process. Hope everything gets sorted out.
I agree.

So anyway, here's an update. Talked with the service manager at crest and he is taking 100% care of me. He informed me that he is taking care of all the chips/scuffs/etc. Along with that he informed me that he will be taking care of my lag issue too (mentioned to him, don't think i mentioned it in the thread) with a grounding wire mod or something of the sort. He's also taking care of my foglight bezels as well. They are making up for the issues I stated prior and this is the crest that i have heard so much about. Thankfully they are making it right for me