G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Infiniti vs. Nissan

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 02:00 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
I think the G runs circles around the Z in looks and prestige (not worldwide).
Old 09-30-2011, 02:16 PM
jsp872

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tejasg37x
When I bought the Z, I picked it over the MB SLK, Audi TT, Honda S2000, BMW Z3/4 because it felt more like a sports car than those did.
I dont like any of those cars you mentioned either...
except for the S2000.
These might be a lil bit underpowered, but man are they fun to drive!!! lol
as far as pure sportiness goes, i'm sure the 350z and the s2000 aren't too far apart

I've never driven a 350Z, so I can't really give a good comparison.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:38 PM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jsp872
I dont like any of those cars you mentioned either...
except for the S2000.
These might be a lil bit underpowered, but man are they fun to drive!!! lol
as far as pure sportiness goes, i'm sure the 350z and the s2000 aren't too far apart

I've never driven a 350Z, so I can't really give a good comparison.
Two things I didn't care for with the S2000...

It felt very cramped in the interior...and I'm not a big guy; 5'10" 160 lbs

The typical Honda motor that takes high revs to get power out if it...not that it's bad, I've had an Acura before, but the Z torque started lower.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:25 PM
gurneyeagle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tejasg37x
The Z and G while similar, were built for 2 different purposes. The Z drives and handles like a sports car, like it should. The G drives and handles like a luxury coupe. I like both for their different attributes.
If you try to compare them, they really are two different type cars that share a similar platform. Track them and the Z out performs the G. For comfort, the G out performs the Z.

Well said. As a former G37S and current Z driver, it comes down to taste. I like the lighter, sportier Z, it's that simple.

One thing you guys have going for you are the dealers. My new Nissan dealer is great, but nothing has compared to my Infinti dealer - Ray Brandt - in Metairie, LA. Uber-customer service.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:52 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by koa789
The FX does not share a platform with the Murano and the EX does not share a platform with the Rogue.

Are you sure about that?
Old 09-30-2011, 05:21 PM
AUS10TAT10US

Quite simply put, you get the best of both worlds with the G37: luxury AND sport, rather than just sport with the 370Z.

Coming from an 06 350Z, while it was a good sports car...that's all it was. No creature features, mediocre interior with a lot cheap materials, and not flexible or practical. The 370Z is better in many respects than the 350Z, but not enough for me. I wanted a more significant change.

Looks are subjective, but the Infiniti is just a more grown-up car. You can't go wrong either way OP, you just gotta weigh what you really want/need in your situation.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:38 PM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AUS10TAT10US
Quite simply put, you get the best of both worlds with the G37: luxury AND sport, rather than just sport with the 370Z.

Coming from an 06 350Z, while it was a good sports car...that's all it was. No creature features, mediocre interior with a lot cheap materials, and not flexible or practical. The 370Z is better in many respects than the 350Z, but not enough for me. I wanted a more significant change.

Looks are subjective, but the Infiniti is just a more grown-up car. You can't go wrong either way OP, you just gotta weigh what you really want/need in your situation.
I bought my Z because it was a sports car and didn't have the "fancy" interior like some of the other sports cars in it's class. After years of being married and doing everything for family, which meant giving up my car hobbies in the past, I bought my Z so I would have a toy for me to play in.
It was a lot of fun to drive when I lived in Idaho and Oregon. I had lots of twisty roads with little traffic where I could drive and have fun. Nothing like cruising through the winding roads in the high desert in Eastern Oregon at 130 mph and not seeing another car for miles and miles.
But after moving back to Texas and having a position where I take customers out and there's not many places to drive like I did in the Northwest, the Z didn't work anymore, so I bought a G37X Sedan.
Although the G is a little more luxury, it's really not that much more. There are still similarities in the styling with just some nicer touches. Softer seats and softer suspension.
I like both cars for their purposes.

FYI...you may get the sportiness and luxury in the G coupe, but it still doesn't not perform just like the Z in handling; close but not quite. It feels bulkier and less responsive when pushing it through the turns.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:51 PM
AUS10TAT10US

^I hear ya, but not many places here in Texas to push the limits handling wise. A set of good coilovers can fix that for the G37. It def feels bulkier than a Z, but that's a given. But like I said, I came from a 350, so the G is worlds better. It sounds like you have already made your decision...go with it and don't look back! Both cars are awesome!
Old 09-30-2011, 06:57 PM
Mackman33

I just came from a 370z... to an IPL. Having back seats is nice, but I had a Z, so obviously I dont need them, I still dont really, its funny I actually put stuff back there, and end up forgetting about it because im so used to not having anything behind me!

Anyway, I feel that Infiniti is, well what is it meant to be over nissan. Performance, with LUXURY. Thats why most of us bought our G's, for that combo, right? After coming to the IPL, I could never go back to the Z.

Some things always bothered me... the suede inserts on the leather seats, hated that, the aluminum? plastic? door handles looks so cheap. The Bose system is definietly better in the G, maybe that is due to the placement of speakers, but it is def better in my opinion...Just lacked refinement. I feel like I have a real car now, a more mature, pratical, refined, luxurious, gorgeous sports car. It has everything. To say the Z is a Pure Sport car... well, I don't notice a huge difference...I agree with the above post that around the turns, even in the IPL with the stiffer suspension, its not quite...quite the same as the Z... subtle differences that are so worth it.

Initially when I was seeking a new car, I couldnt help but feel that I wasn't in LOVE with the looks of the G coupe... I had to convince myself... now that I have it and see it everyday I love it more and more than the Z. The Z just looks different, the G is a classically made refined sports car. Damn its hot! Not hating on the Z... just very happy with my switch
Old 09-30-2011, 08:08 PM
IcebergG

How about the GT-R? That's a Nissan
Old 09-30-2011, 08:13 PM
Soliditude

Originally Posted by Mackman33
I just came from a 370z... to an IPL. Having back seats is nice, but I had a Z, so obviously I dont need them, I still dont really, its funny I actually put stuff back there, and end up forgetting about it because im so used to not having anything behind me!

Anyway, I feel that Infiniti is, well what is it meant to be over nissan. Performance, with LUXURY. Thats why most of us bought our G's, for that combo, right? After coming to the IPL, I could never go back to the Z.

Some things always bothered me... the suede inserts on the leather seats, hated that, the aluminum? plastic? door handles looks so cheap. The Bose system is definietly better in the G, maybe that is due to the placement of speakers, but it is def better in my opinion...Just lacked refinement. I feel like I have a real car now, a more mature, pratical, refined, luxurious, gorgeous sports car. It has everything. To say the Z is a Pure Sport car... well, I don't notice a huge difference...I agree with the above post that around the turns, even in the IPL with the stiffer suspension, its not quite...quite the same as the Z... subtle differences that are so worth it.

Initially when I was seeking a new car, I couldnt help but feel that I wasn't in LOVE with the looks of the G coupe... I had to convince myself... now that I have it and see it everyday I love it more and more than the Z. The Z just looks different, the G is a classically made refined sports car. Damn its hot! Not hating on the Z... just very happy with my switch

+1! That's exactly what I was going on about, OP.