Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Has this happened to anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 08:59 PM
emunoz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has this happened to anyone?

I lost my tail lights, My brake and blinker lights work but the running lights wont turn on... I also noticed my volume and temperature lights went out also but no fuse is blown that I can find. Does anyone know or had this happen to them? I assume I will have to replace complete tail light housing?
Old 09-26-2011, 09:33 PM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by emunoz
I lost my tail lights, My brake and blinker lights work but the running lights wont turn on... I also noticed my volume and temperature lights went out also but no fuse is blown that I can find. Does anyone know or had this happen to them? I assume I will have to replace complete tail light housing?
no! your illumination fuse is burnt, the fuse box for that is next to the battery box. you have to remove the battery cover held on by 4-5 clips. you can use a flat head screw driver and pick it then pull it out. after that there's a panel that covers part of your windshield, remove that also then right next to the battery closer to the fender side you'll see a big black box. pull it out and look for "ILLUMINATION OR BRAKE ILLUMINATION". put in a new fuse and you should be good to go. you should have extra fuses under the drivers side fuse box on your kick panel.

if for some reason you put a new fuse on and it blows right away, check back in here and i'll guide you over on what to do again. i have a feeling it's going to pop once you turn on your lights, fuses usually don't burn out for no apparent reason.

good luck! oh yeah, the same exact thing happened to my friend and it took me awhile to troubleshoot the short
Old 09-26-2011, 10:22 PM
emunoz

Is this the long-er black box right next to the battery? Its two rows wide or is there another in the battery box?
Old 09-26-2011, 10:46 PM
Weiboy718

Is this the long-er black box right next to the battery? Its two rows wide or is there another in the battery box?
you need to remove all the panels to see the long black box. there's no letterings or anything on there. trust me dude! get all them panels off and you'll see it!
Old 09-30-2011, 08:53 PM
emunoz

Nothing in that box to do with ilumination. Only main relays, I think It's a wireing issue I have to take it in to infiniti. Unfortunately I am in Devils Lake, ND and I haven't a clue on where the nearest dealer is or when I'll have time to make it in there. Thank you all for the help though much appreiated
Old 09-30-2011, 09:02 PM
Weiboy718

Nothing in that box to do with ilumination. Only main relays, I think It's a wireing issue I have to take it in to infiniti. Unfortunately I am in Devils Lake, ND and I haven't a clue on where the nearest dealer is or when I'll have time to make it in there. Thank you all for the help though much appreiated
do you see a series of fuses inside of the big black box??? if not you didn't follow the instructions. okay, did you installed any leds recently? like license plate light, reverse lights
Old 10-01-2011, 04:31 AM
adroitcaptor
Registered Member

It amazes me why people to not listen to good advice even when given by a considerate and helpful individual. Weiboy is exactly correct...