Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Jus picked up 08' g37 WTD??

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 08:29 PM
Way2flyy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jus picked up 08' g37 WTD??

So I'm a new g37 owner. Jus picked up used 2008 model blue w/ tan interior.
Around 44k on the clock paid a lil under 25k for it. Anything I should do to it, thinking about blacking out the taillights..can I do the front lights??
Also navi wasn't included do I have any options getting one? Any answers wld b greatly appreciated.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:52 PM
UNCTYPE-S
Banned

This guy has all the answers.

MyG37 - Search Forums
Old 09-17-2011, 10:03 PM
Soliditude

The MyG37 Search tool kinds sucks. I never find what I need and get, like, ten million results per inquiry. Congrats on the car, man, beforehand. Other than that, yes, you can tint the taillight and headlights. Search "bluebatmobile," he's the guy that sells pre-made, awesome overlays. And in terms of search, start your search on Google. Type in "myg37" at first, and then type in whichever keywords you're looking for. It'll search this site and get you much better search results.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:28 PM
trp244

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Way2flyy
Also navi wasn't included do I have any options getting one? Any answers wld b greatly appreciated.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-v...group-buy.html

For aftermarket navi this looks like a nice option.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:36 PM
Itchytoe

There are tons of things you can do to the car. Should is a totally different question, and one that only you can answer to be honest. Since you're looking to darken the heads and tails, I agree with Soliditude, find bluebatmobile. I don't know from experience how his/her products are, but I've seen that name on many vehicle forums so I'd give him/her the benefit of the doubt.

You can pick up one of those handheld GPS things from your local stores, but getting one integrated into the dash isn't an option. Ok it is, but it's not going to look anywhere near as nice as a factory one, and you're going to pay through the nose for it. Would have been much cheaper to find one that had it if that's something you want.

Because I'm curious, which trim did you get? Base, Journey, Sport 6mt?
Old 09-17-2011, 11:13 PM
Way2flyy

Because I'm curious, which trim did you get? Base, Journey, Sport 6mt?[/QUOTE]

Base Most likely also has no sunroof.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:54 AM
Kuro
Registered Member

Received 183 Likes on 162 Posts
Originally Posted by trp244
https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-v...group-buy.html

For aftermarket navi this looks like a nice option.
The system is very good, I have that on my car. You can contact HAWAIIAN821 if you want it
Old 09-18-2011, 01:12 AM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
In retrospect... the first thing I wish I would ve done on my G is getting a good set of coilovers so that s my recommendation to you.
Old 09-18-2011, 01:15 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
People constantly complain that the search tool on the forum is inadequate. Assuming that it is (even though I almost always find what I search for), how about taking at least a brief LOOK at the various forums before asking questions? They have pretty self explanatory titles. Just browsing a few pages of thread titles is almost guaranteed to have a thread title about what you want to know unless it's very specific or obscure.

Headlight or tail light question? Look here: Body Interior Exterior Lighting - MyG37
Nav question: Try here: Audio, Video & Electronics - MyG37

You don't even have to search really. Just browse. You will get the answers you are looking for if you just try looking at the thousands of threads that have been already posted in the years before you got here.

OP, my mini rant isn't directed just toward you alone, even though you should look before posting redundant questions that have been asked and answered many times. They are for EVERY noob who registers and immediately posts questions without having ever reading the first thing on the forum. That's not how this thing is supposed to work. Register. Lurk. READ WHAT'S HERE. Learn. Then post. Ask about things you don't understand fully, not things you don't know anything about because you're just too lazy to read what's already here.

I'm not complaining. Just explaining. OK, I kinda am complaining. But it's legit.

And welcome to the forum and the family. Enjoy your new car. I have an '08 too.