Old 08-29-2011, 09:22 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Sorry to hear man. GL.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:23 AM
Fentress24

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hate to read these stories. Good save from the ditch and I hope everything work out for you.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:30 AM
G37CPA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another example of why 16 year old should not be driving by themselves without a licensed adult driver also in the car.
Did the kid at least stop texting/tweeting after he hit you long enough to ask how you were?
Old 08-29-2011, 12:45 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
You're okay and walked out unscathed, which is the important thing. The car can always be replaced.

I'm not sure about where you live, but here in Cali, insurance is required to give you full replacement value of your vehicle. In other words, they have to give you enough to completely replace your totalled car with one that has equivalent mileage, options, and condition. If you feel that they're not giving you enough, don't accept it. Just how a car deal is negotiable, insurance payout is negotiable. They will always make you a low offer at first.

As far as body shops go, have the frame checked first. If the frame is compromised at all, it's time to get a new car. A framed car will never be the same as one that isn't which pretty much automatically disqualifies it from being restored to the vehicle's original state (which is what is supposed to be done if the car is repaired instead).

YMMV.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:54 PM
MWhiteV36

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PICCCCCCTUUURRREESSSSSS!

btw thank god your ok
Old 08-29-2011, 02:13 PM
harbin9er
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
yea, that sux, dude

i would prob kill the noob who would try to damage my car
Old 08-29-2011, 03:30 PM
OnYourKnees

Glad to hear you are safe. A car is a car, I hope you recoup your investment.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:20 PM
micheal623

Originally Posted by reVx
Aww, man this hurts just thinking about it. I'm sorry for your loss. I couldn't imagine what i'd do if I lost my IPL
Yea me either!
Old 08-29-2011, 04:58 PM
pdxg37s

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by adroitcaptor
I was traveling down the hwy at 60mph. Some kid who was stopped (in the oncoming lane) was waiting to turn across my lane onto a gravel side road (his left my right). I slowed slightly before passing between that guy and another car stopped on the side road (to my right; the road the kid was turning into...) As soon as I was right ‘on top’ of him the kid started pulling in my lane (somewhat slowly). I was able to maneuver to the right to just catch his front left bumper down the [driver’s] side of my car (instead of a head on collision or hitting the car to my right waiting to get on the hwy). He pushed me hard enough that my back end started to slide in the ditch, pulling my G in. I had to slap her into 2nd, and dump the clutch to keep it out of the ditch (and flipping/rolling over). I then was able to avoid oncoming traffic and get the car stopped in my lane. The impact did not seem to slow me a whole lot which was odd IMO.fficeffice" /><O></O>
<O> </O>
I am not trying to be a skirt here… but seriously, I want to cry [often]. I had to drive the 03 Maxima I bought my dad to work today. Every little crappy thing on that car just reminded me of how much I loved my G. That 50min drive really stunk!<O></O>
<O> </O>
I do not have 3-4k sitting in an account for another down payment. If it is not totaled and they fix it, I am paranoid that it will not be straight. The last thing I want is to have a leaky car that rattles and drives like butt in 5 yrs.<O></O>
<O> </O>
I have pics on my phone and FB but not sure where to host them so I could show you guys. Every panel down the driver’s side is jacked. The side bolster and side curtain airbag both deployed. It did not look like the top was pushed over but I cannot tell. The A pillar naturally sticks out/up a bit so I could not tell if that was pushed over. The windshield is not cracked so I guess that is a good sign. Both rims are destroyed.<O></O>
<O> </O>
If it means anything to anyone else, be glad you own this car. It, without doubt, saved me from serious injury or death. Having awesome brakes and abs, great tires, accurate steering, low seats, etc. saved me from a head on. That is of course not to mention God’s part in giving me complete peace through the entire scenario to react with all my driving ability instead of going into panic mode. No one was hurt, again thank God, so that is what really matters IMO. <O></O>
<O> </O>
…miss my G already…
<O></O>
Glad you are okay.. You are hands down the best driver on the board. You had the where with all to swerve ,get hit ,bolster and curtain airbags deploy in your ear , you are sliding sideways partly in gravel.
Then put the clutch in ,find second gear ,then clutch out and back on the gas.

Not sure how god can give you peace in the "entire scenario" which sounds like less than two seconds .
Car can be replaced many times over , you can't

Good driving ! Seriously ,you should race cars for a living. I raced carts as a teenager and you would have crushed us.