Sponsored By:

Dealer pulled a fast one...

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 09:49 PM
Neal376

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TVPostSound
Isn't 2/32" the height of wear bars??
That would make it illegal for a licensed dealer to sell, Certified or not.
* yea but he said the dealer who sold it to him reported 7/32" all around many months ago.

the new dealer is claiming (currently) that the fronts went down to 2/32, and the rears grew to 9/32 someone screwed up somewhere
Old 08-18-2011, 10:08 PM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by BlkG-37S
Not for nothing, but I sense a crude tone coming from you. Yes, dealerships have pulled fast one's on me and this is no different. There was minor damage to the back bumper that was so well hidden, I didn't see it until I gave the car a full detail and rubbed the dented area with my hand. You think the dealership told me about that prior to buying it? No! I also had the same issue with the front bumper. Again, the damage looked to be from a front license plate that used to be there. Again, it was hidden really well until fully detailed the car. Do you think the dealer told me about that? No! But he was perfectly fine handing me all the clean carfax reports when I asked though. The bottom line is this...the tires were just the most recent hiccup in a series of issues I uncovered after the fact. Tomorrow the car is going in to get the exterior issues taken care of? Why you ask? Because the god damn dealer knew what he was hiding when i bought the car. Now he is going to fix it while I watch. The tires is just something I uncovered now, ironically enough, right before I see the manager tomorrow.

Making money is one thing, but purposely lying or hiding things is another. Nw they have a unhappy customer and will fix it anyway...all this when they could have done it from the beginning. And to comment on your response, how do I know they didnt replace the tires or kept old ones on...based on what's happened I don't trust them worth a damn. I am taking responsibility for my actions...going to the manager tomorrow and telling him exactly how I feel. With respect of course.
no "crude" tone dude. i dont even know what that means. anyway, before plopping down 31k for anything, you should have gone over your purchase better than what it seems you did, especially since dealers have pulled "fast ones on you" before. i guess i would be more understanding if you said you brought it back to them the next day, but that's not the case. it took you almost a month. i hope you get things worked out in a satisfactory manner, but again, a lot of this is on you.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:33 PM
BlkG-37S

Originally Posted by speedracer g37
no "crude" tone dude. i dont even know what that means. anyway, before plopping down 31k for anything, you should have gone over your purchase better than what it seems you did, especially since dealers have pulled "fast ones on you" before. i guess i would be more understanding if you said you brought it back to them the next day, but that's not the case. it took you almost a month. i hope you get things worked out in a satisfactory manner, but again, a lot of this is on you.
You don't know what "crude" means? Jesus bro..anyway, I indeed pointed out some exterior issues the next day. However, the only issues I uncovered later on were the tires and indentation on the front bumper. Don't understand why what I am saying doesn't make sense to you. And it wasn't "dealers," only this dealership has ever put one on me like this. I do agree I should have checked the car more efficiently though. That was my only mistake. I was just so ready to drop my previous vehicle (SRT-4) I didn't know exactly what to look for. I thought CPO mean't the car would be rigorously checked beforehand. Guess I was wrong.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:59 PM
Neal376

. I understand it is my fault for not fully examining the car prior to purchase
its not your fault, dont sweat it. there are a ton of stuff to check when you buy a used car and you cant be expected to catch everything. there is always something you will miss.
this is what I tell my friends before I inspect used cars for them. its impossible to predict every possible scenario and failure.

and besides, its a used car, you have to expect something or the other to go awry. even new cars hardly come out of the factory "perfect".
Old 08-19-2011, 12:20 AM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

You don't know what "crude" means? Jesus bro...
i understand the word. your statement doesn't make sense. please define how i was "crude" in what i said.

Yes, dealerships have pulled fast one's on me and this is no different.
And it wasn't "dealers," only this dealership has ever put one on me like this.
go ahead and pick one. was it just this dealership or was it another dealership and this dealership is just like the one before.

i don't mean to pick on you. you seem to want to vent about something that is again, mainly your fault. how do you bring back tires a month later and want the dealership to replace them for you?

edit: again, since you stated that you brought up the tires to the salesman, i hope you can get things worked to your favor. however, i wouldn't hold my breath if i were you due to the amount of time you waited.

Last edited by speedracer g37; 08-19-2011 at 12:27 AM.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:24 AM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Neal376
its not your fault, dont sweat it. there are a ton of stuff to check when you buy a used car and you cant be expected to catch everything. there is always something you will miss.
this is what I tell my friends before I inspect used cars for them. its impossible to predict every possible scenario and failure.

and besides, its a used car, you have to expect something or the other to go awry. even new cars hardly come out of the factory "perfect".
yes, and when it's a wear and tear item that i missed, i would consider it my bad and know better next time. unless they warranty something or agree in the sales contract, they are not obliged to fix something for you. if they want to do it as a sign of "good faith", good for you. i personally wouldn't go on a forum and look for advice on something i overlooked.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:35 AM
dopetime

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's a used car. Get over it.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:39 AM
Neal376

they are not obliged to fix something for you. if they want to do it as a sign of "good faith", good for you. i personally wouldn't go on a forum and look for advice on something i overlooked.

fyi, in nys, the seller is responsible for repairs to a vehicle for either 30 days or 6 months (depending on mileage) under new york state lemon law.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:43 AM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

third edit: i noticed when you quoted me here that you cut off the part where i said "unless they warranty something or agree int the contract".

real lemon laws don't apply to used cars. you're talking about warranty.

edit: lemon laws require manufacturer buy back. here's you ny "lemon law"

Used Car Lemon Law Fact Sheet
The Used Car Lemon law provides a legal remedy for consumers who are buyers or lessees of used cars that turn out to be lemons. The law requires dealers to give consumers a written warranty. Under this warranty, dealers must repair, free of charge, any defect in covered parts. If the dealer is unable to repair the car after a reasonable number of attempts, the consumer is entitled to a full refund.

the key words here are any defect in covered parts

also, none of the mileage/time limitations go beyond 90 days. not that this is a factor in this particular case.

second edit: here's your list of covered parts

Engine: lubricated parts, water pump, fuel pump, manifolds, engine block, cylinder head, rotary engine housings and flywheel.
Transmission: the transmission case, internal parts, and the torque converter.
Drive Axle: the front and rear axle housings and internal parts, axle shafts, propeller shafts and universal joints.
Brakes: master cylinder, vacuum assist booster wheel cylinders, hydraulic lines and fittings and disc brake calipers.
Steering: the steering gear housing and all internal parts, power steering pump, valve body, piston and rack
Other Parts: Radiator, Alternator, Generator, Starter, and Ignition System (excluding battery)

Last edited by speedracer g37; 08-19-2011 at 01:19 AM.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:10 AM
Neal376

real lemon laws don't apply to used cars. you're talking about warranty.
i dont know what point your trying to make, but you dont have to explain nys lemon law to me...you get a copy of its stipulations every time you purchase a used car here.

its off topic anyways
Old 08-19-2011, 01:14 AM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

i dont know what point your trying to make, but you dont have to explain nys lemon law to me...you get a copy of its stipulations every time you purchase a used car here.

its off topic anyways
then why did you mention it? ny lemon law has nothing to do with tires.

edit: i hope this thread gets locked. it's becoming tedious. last post on this topic.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:18 AM
Neal376

then why did you mention it? ny lemon law has nothing to do with tires.
FYI "for your information", after you quoted my post.
you said a dealer "is not obliged to fix something for you". depending on your local laws, it can get way more complicated then that
Old 08-19-2011, 01:24 AM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

FYI "for your information", after you quoted my post
i didn't need an fyi since in the post of mine you edited, i already stated that "unless they warranty something or agree in the sales contract". then i had to explain to you that tires are not under warranty.

edit: i guess you were trying to make it look like i said they didn't have to fix anything

your entire post

Quote:
they are not obliged to fix something for you. if they want to do it as a sign of "good faith", good for you. i personally wouldn't go on a forum and look for advice on something i overlooked.

fyi, in nys, the seller is responsible for repairs to a vehicle for either 30 days or 6 months (depending on mileage) under new york state lemon law.

Last edited by speedracer g37; 08-19-2011 at 01:30 AM.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:26 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Stop the arguing about BS and either keep on the topic of the OP's thread or get out of it.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:50 AM
BlkG-37S

no "crude" tone dude. i dont even know what that means.
Apparently, you don't know what that means. Not for nothing, you just come across as a douche with how you respond and the word tracks you use, but that's neither here nor there.

You also mention how you wouldn't come on this forum to seek advice on something I overlooked. This forum has help me in so many ways on some of the very same issues i am having now. So i beg to differ on that statement. The advice of all minus one, has helped me going forward and given me tips on what to look out for down the road. So for those that chimed in, I appreciate all the help.

Going to the dealer in 1 hour. Will come back this afternoon to discuss the result. Which I believe will be tough luck. Let's see.

Quick Reply: Dealer pulled a fast one...