Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Installed a new Steering wheel, possible imperfection question. pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 04:23 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by millertime
Any particular strategy you used to get the dealership to do this?
Originally Posted by retrospex
i was wondering the same.
It depends on your dealership I guess. With my case, I just pointed out all the scratches to my service advisor during one of my routine service day and when I came back to pick up the car, he said it will be replaced and that they just had to order the parts. Keep in mind that some of the scratches were my fault and some where weird scratches because they were "raised", instead of a groove. I had those on my shifter bezel and the trim around the ashtray area. And no, I don't smoke. Many of the scratches on my interior door panel was from broken glass when my car got broken into.

Last edited by myk1013; 08-15-2011 at 04:33 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:06 AM
tallbrownie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
experience

Originally Posted by Simon_TheGreat
How did you get your dealership to replace all these "cosmetic" problems? I'm not sure if the warranty is different here in Canada but my dealership said that cosmetic issues are only cover within the first two year or 20,000km.

Yea I had a similar experience my 09 sedan.

The previous owner loooks like there were multipule nicks on the auto shift **** like indents from a ring etc and stuff...

they basically said it's a used car and you can't expect it to be brand new from the box sort of speak

i am in canada too
Old 08-16-2011, 11:01 PM
BlkG-37S

Picking up my G tomorrow afternoon from the dealership as well. Bought the car used a month ago and was annoyed at all the scratches I didn't really see prior to buying the car. My driver side door trim near the handle was literally peeling. The rubber around the steering wheel controls was scratched and looked cheap. Lastly, my leather seat (driver side) also had that famous raised bubble. Car has 14K miles and was replaced with minor resentment from the dealer. Mostly with the seat, probably because the bottom piece alone cost $1,800 bones. Either way, I pointed all the cosmetic issues and told the service guy for 40K this shouldn't be happening. Guy shrugged his shoulders and called me today to pick up tomorrow. I do have a slight scratch on the passenger side trim handle as well I didn't mention to fix..but I didn't want to push it. Now I want that replaced after reading some of these emails. I think the previous owner of my car had 9 inch finger nails. I mean scratches in the most random places.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:34 AM
TheGspot37s

Originally Posted by millertime
Any particular strategy you used to get the dealership to do this?
I had my steering wheel and door handle replaced under warranty as well. I went directly through infiniti customer affairs and politely explained my dissatisfaction w the quality of the products.

Good luck!