Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2011 with "rattling" on passenger side

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 05:54 PM
G37xNYC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 with "rattling" on passenger side

Hey guys I have a 2011 coupe for over 4 months now.. for the past 2 it has developed this rattling sort of noise after I came out of a parking lot and my rear end sort of bottomed out.. thanks to great old NYC, there was a nice sized pot hole right outside of the parking lot and ever since I hit it, the noise occurs whenever I hit a small-medium size pothole or rough ground.. the car is straight as an arrow and I also took it to my dealer to look at but they found nothing wrong.. I have a little over 2,600 miles on my car.. any ideas?
Old 08-04-2011, 06:38 PM
JG37x

Did you hear the sound inside or outside ?
I have the same problem before and I found out was the passenger seat belt
The metal piece hit the plastic causing the sound, maybe you may want to take a look.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:41 PM
G37xNYC

Sorry, I forgot to say that it's an outside noise.. it sounds like a loose clamp underneath the car rattling everytime I hit a slight pothole.. it's audible with the windows down, but with the radio on I don't hear it.. it's probably nothing major, it just annoys me that it's there.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:42 PM
chairman25

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have a rattle when my seat belt presenter on the passenger side is in the "down" position". Otherwise the car is rock solid.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:54 PM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Take a service manager for a ride.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:20 PM
Doggy

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have the same problem
After hitting multiple potholes!
Old 08-06-2011, 02:54 PM
G37xNYC

I'm gonna need an oil change soon so when I go back I'll take the manager for a ride... the noise bothers me but I know it's not causing the car any damage because other than that the car is smooth and fast lol... the only problem with the car is my terrible city gas mpg... I'm averaging around 14.5 right now, yeesh.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:16 PM
jamesshifflett

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by G37xNYC
Sorry, I forgot to say that it's an outside noise.. it sounds like a loose clamp underneath the car rattling everytime I hit a slight pothole.. it's audible with the windows down, but with the radio on I don't hear it.. it's probably nothing major, it just annoys me that it's there.
Hmmm, I think I have the exact same rattling noise (sounds somewhat metalic) on my passenger side rear. Please PM me if they determine what the issue is. It's annoying the fock outta me.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:38 AM
TheGspot37s

Originally Posted by jamesshifflett
Hmmm, I think I have the exact same rattling noise (sounds somewhat metalic) on my passenger side rear. Please PM me if they determine what the issue is. It's annoying the fock outta me.
+1...and it's not the passenger seatbelt
Old 08-09-2011, 03:17 PM
G37xNYC

Originally Posted by TheGspot37s
+1...and it's not the passenger seatbelt
+1000 lol I know the passenger seatbelt rattles, not calling anyone stupid but I think I'd know that... But yeah it sounds metallic, and it drives me nuts from time to time... Whenever I find out I'll let you guys know asap!
Old 08-09-2011, 04:01 PM
SpinG37X

Hey guys I have a 2011 coupe for over 4 months now.. for the past 2 it has developed this rattling sort of noise after I came out of a parking lot and my rear end sort of bottomed out.. thanks to great old NYC, there was a nice sized pot hole right outside of the parking lot and ever since I hit it, the noise occurs whenever I hit a small-medium size pothole or rough ground.. the car is straight as an arrow and I also took it to my dealer to look at but they found nothing wrong.. I have a little over 2,600 miles on my car.. any ideas?
So there has been multiple threads related to various rattle noises we are hearing. I have posted one myself https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...se-rattle.html

Some feedback received is that the noise Ive described is coming from seat belt. I am not 100% convinced as I secured the seat belt behind the scenes and I still hear the one time snap when accelerating. I wonder if its coming from the axle for which there is a TSB, and or indeed inner seatbelt.

Let me know what you discover.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:03 PM
MWhiteV36

Originally Posted by JG37x
Did you hear the sound inside or outside ?
I have the same problem before and I found out was the passenger seat belt
The metal piece hit the plastic causing the sound, maybe you may want to take a look.
Dude this same thing happen to me i just got the damn car and i hear a noise im like ohhh heeellllll nawww!!!! lol then im like wait a secccc bam its the seat belt hahahahahah

Originally Posted by chairman25
I have a rattle when my seat belt presenter on the passenger side is in the "down" position". Otherwise the car is rock solid.
lol its so funny how common this is

I'm gonna need an oil change soon so when I go back I'll take the manager for a ride... the noise bothers me but I know it's not causing the car any damage because other than that the car is smooth and fast lol... the only problem with the car is my terrible city gas mpg... I'm averaging around 14.5 right now, yeesh.
how manny miles you have? i noticed you have a 2011 so if you have low mile your engine still needs to "brake in" i had a 370z doing 12 mpg the first couple off miles/months and then i was at like 17, 18. now im in a 2011 g doing 12 first full tank and now im doing 14 second full tank

+1000 lol I know the passenger seatbelt rattles, not calling anyone stupid but I think I'd know that... But yeah it sounds metallic, and it drives me nuts from time to time... Whenever I find out I'll let you guys know asap!
Listen man it happens that **** comes out of no where and you like wtf! hahhahaah
Old 08-11-2011, 08:35 AM
glassjaw047

I would quote everyone here on the seatbelt rattle, but then my post would take up an ENITRE PAGE. I still hear the damn seat belt rattle even when I'm blasting the music with the windows down!!! ARGGGG!!!

Damn seatbelt! Damn Long Island & NYC! Damn you rattling noise!!!......Wait for it....wait for it....here it comes....DAMN YOU SEATBELT RATTLING NOISE!!!
Old 08-11-2011, 08:43 AM
_ant_

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
^ LOLZ I hate that rattle too. F*cking annoying.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:52 AM
pauliewalnutzz
Registered Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I wanted to rip that ****ing seat belt bracket right off when i first heard it. So damn annoying! Lol

Quick Reply: 2011 with "rattling" on passenger side