Sponsored By:

G37 Lease - Accident

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 09:32 PM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Mowbr4
How did it look compared to my vehicle?
Actually it looked worse, because the entire front of the car fell apart. But the body shop did an unbelievable job fixing the car, and you can't even tell. Drives like new.

I know there's a lot of angst, but you have to get the car in and let the insurance co and body shop do what they need to.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:53 PM
Mowbr4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by g37guy01
Actually it looked worse, because the entire front of the car fell apart. But the body shop did an unbelievable job fixing the car, and you can't even tell. Drives like new.

I know there's a lot of angst, but you have to get the car in and let the insurance co and body shop do what they need to.
Thanks man. I feel so stressed through this whole process and idk why. Keep thinking what if it is actually totaled. I just don't see how it would be. I'm going through a certified insurance body shop.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:54 PM
movinon

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
How did you manage to run into a parked car?
Tom
Old 08-01-2011, 09:57 PM
Mowbr4

Originally Posted by movinon
How did you manage to run into a parked car?
Tom
Item fell out of my pocket, reached down to grab it with my left hand and Bam. Terrible mistake to learn from.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:02 PM
tWistedMissiOn
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Well lesson learned i guess, never take your eyes off the road, there was an accident a few weeks back near my place where the driver was reaching out to grab a CD, and collided with a bus..
Sorry to see that, good luck with fixing it. And i was gonna say that you must've hit a truck to get that damage from 10-15mph, until you said so. hope everything works out fine man.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:14 PM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Item fell out of my pocket, reached down to grab it with my left hand and Bam. Terrible mistake to learn from.
This may not be much of a consolation but you have to thank your lucky stars all it was, was sheet metal. Personal injury or worse adds another horrible dimension to it.

Good luck. I don't know how old you are (since age effects insurance rates), but an online defensive driving course might help reduce your insurance and or any points (I don't know the specifics, but cops usually will write a ticket for careless driving for a few points.)
Old 08-01-2011, 10:21 PM
Mowbr4

Originally Posted by g37guy01
This may not be much of a consolation but you have to thank your lucky stars all it was, was sheet metal. Personal injury or worse adds another horrible dimension to it.

Good luck. I don't know how old you are (since age effects insurance rates), but an online defensive driving course might help reduce your insurance and or any points (I don't know the specifics, but cops usually will write a ticket for careless driving for a few points.)

Youre completely right. I am blessed that it was only a parked car and that no one was injured.

As for the tickets, there were no tickets handed out. Therefore I have no points from that. This was my first accident. I am 24
Old 08-02-2011, 11:06 AM
G37CPA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you really think there is a possibility of this being considered a total loss? It is a 2011 with only 2000 miles.
Geeze, did you even read my post. I did not suggest that his was a total loss, but rather would being hit at 35 mph instead be a total loss, considering the substantial damage caused by a mere 10-15 mph hit.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:38 AM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Tito Ortiz feels your pain. Not too long ago, he crashed his Rolls Royce Phantom while looking at a text for a second. Cost a G37 to fix his car ($40K).

Good luck with the repairs.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:24 PM
SpinG37X

15mph ??? Sorry to hear that man. Good Luck to you
Old 08-03-2011, 09:16 AM
Mowbr4

***UPDATE***

Hey everyone, the car is now in the shop. I need your help on this, please remember that my vehicle is a LEASE.

I emailed the woman at the shop who has been extremely greatful and wanted to verify that the parts being placed on my vehicle were OEM, that way I wouldn't have to pay out of pocket when I return my lease.

She answered by saying "In order for myself to receive OEM parts is for my insurance policy to say so, which mine doesn't. Therefore they will be using reconditioned (junkyard) parts."

I never knew that was a clause in my policy. Also to add, I have not told the lease company yet about the accident. Only insurance.

What do you guys think of this?

Last edited by Mowbr4; 08-03-2011 at 09:22 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:25 AM
stormgate

***UPDATE***

Hey everyone, the car is now in the shop. I need your help on this, please remember that my vehicle is a LEASE.

I emailed the woman at the shop who has been extremely greatful and wanted to verify that the parts being placed on my vehicle were OEM, that way I wouldn't have to pay out of pocket when I return my lease.

She answered by saying "In order for myself to receive OEM parts is for my insurance policy to say so, which mine doesn't. Therefore they will be using reconditioned (junkyard) parts."

I never knew that was a clause in my policy. Also to add, I have not told the lease company yet about the accident. Only insurance.

What do you guys think of this?
whoah... that doesn't sound right. i've been through this a few times... if it's the insurance paying... most shops will generally use all new parts.

you don't HAVE to go with the shop the insurance recommends... in fact, i never use shops the insurance recommends for that exact reason. i'm blessed to know a few people that manage body shops. i don't know how far down the chain you are of getting it fixed, but since it's a lease and the accident won't affect your lease, then i wouldn't worry about it...

accidents happen man... it's a part of life.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:39 AM
Shane D
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow

When I leased my G37 the dealer was VERY clear. He wanted to know when anything happened to the car. The reason being that insurance companies will NOT pay dealer rates for repairs. My truck got dinged a few years ago and I told the insurance company that I always got my six year old truck serviced at the dealership and would like the repairs to be done there. Insurance company said they will not pay the $100.00 per hour labour fee that dealer charges. They said that if I wanted to use the dealer I would have to pay the difference (I think their budget was about $50.00 to $60.00 per hour for shop labour).
Going back to my first sentence, I think because the car is a lease and belongs to them, they want to see that the work is done properly and not "cheaped out". As in salvage parts.

Shane D
Old 08-03-2011, 12:32 PM
Mowbr4

***New Update***

The "Estimator" at the shop just called me and gave me an estimate of $6000.00. Since the car is so new, they couldn't find any refurbished or after-market parts. Therefore, they are ordering OEM. Looks like things should be smooth sailing!
Old 08-03-2011, 04:13 PM
SpinG37X

***New Update***

The "Estimator" at the shop just called me and gave me an estimate of $6000.00. Since the car is so new, they couldn't find any refurbished or after-market parts. Therefore, they are ordering OEM. Looks like things should be smooth sailing!
If they are trying to get none OEM parts they are trying to make some money on this. Sounds like it will work out to your favor tough. Good Luck

Quick Reply: G37 Lease - Accident