Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

this is for the guy with the 700 HP g37

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 02:44 AM
terrycs
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
One really should be more concerned about low fuel pressure instead of high fuel pressure.

70 psi sounds about right at idle. Fuel pressure tends drop a little as the injectors open up under boost.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:13 AM
adroitcaptor
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are a lot of wrong opinions in here...

First off, for the OP:
You are not asking the right question. IF he someone had the same EXACT set-up, their answer would/should not dictate what you set your system at. The answer to your question, 'what psi should my FI system be running at' is actually contingent on your specific components AND your fuel mapping.
Duty cycle for your injectors is very important and their optimum vrs maximum flow rate at a specific pressure (the corollary there of) is what you should be looking into. Anyone that answers your question is not actually answering what your question SHOULD be.
My best advice is to take the vehicle back to whoever installed your TTs OR pay a reputable company to tune your G.

It was already addressed but most carb’ed systems run at or under 10psi (dependant) not EFI.
To say that he was thinking of turbo compressor output pressure, though possibly accurate, would not make his statement anymore accurate (again, I cannot stipulate what he was actually thinking of). There is absolutely nothing accurate about saying 10psi is an optimal ‘daily driving’ pressure to run at for a force induced system. We can argue this all day long but let it suffice to say, the issue comes down to application. IE some engines 10psi is nothing, for higher static compression engines, your forced induction fun would be over in short order

“Ur fuel pressure should increase directly related to the boost.” This is not always the case. I would assume that you are talking about a RRFPR (rising rate fuel pressure regulator). Although many Forced induced systems use these, the numbers you provide, as shown above, are completely arbitrary to the question that was asked by the OP. Furthermore as also previously mentioned there is room for duty cycle to compensate for shorter volume ranges.

One of the more accurate statements made was by G37Sam, about people being willing to help... It really makes a huge difference HOW you ask people a question (or how you respond). There is nothing wrong with correcting someone but if you cannot do so in a respectful manner, go elsewhere with your questions. Bottom line is that you are wrong for asking the question in the original post. This because you are trying to fix or address an ‘issue’ that you do not understand [how to do just that].
I would also offer the following advice to all. – Do not help [offer a suggestion in the form of an answer] unless you REALLY know what you are talking about. Many people are dumb enough to follow your insufficient advice. The [usually] negative result is not yours to bear; but it SHOULD be…
Good Luck!

Dan
Old 08-05-2011, 04:18 PM
j37hasag37

ok thanks for the great advice. it was a good read dan. i simply want to know what people fuel pressure readings are.

simple question.
for z guy whos building a powerful engine. congrats keep doing what your doing. if your sphincter is getting tight over a internet forum im sorry about that. and g37sam nobody ever answers questions that are related to anything like this.
its all about bling bling rims and look at my g37 with the same stuff that circulates around on this forum.

come on really now?

but i do appreciate all your comments. thanks all. dont take this **** seriously.

but again WHAT ARE PPL's FUEL PRESSURE READINGS? i simply wanna know what stock is.

or the 700 hp guy readings. again same set up same shop. and i cant take it to gtm. dont you think i already tried? long story.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:28 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
....pm modme he might be able to help
https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-v...peed-temp.html

Last edited by P Casey; 08-05-2011 at 04:57 PM. Reason: i dont know how to spell
Old 08-05-2011, 11:14 PM
voltic

I sincerely hope that nobody helps you with this problem.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:20 AM
jaahhnn

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EDIT: Name calling will get you banned

Last edited by G37Sam; 08-07-2011 at 04:57 AM.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:08 AM
G_b4_Z
Banned

EDIT: Posting like a douche will get you banned

Last edited by G37Sam; 08-07-2011 at 04:54 AM.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:33 AM
j37hasag37

yea yea **** me a geo metro ran into me. sucks *****.