Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Stuck Driver Side Winddow

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 01:51 PM
garthus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Stuck Driver Side Winddow

Anyone run into a problem where their driver side window get stuck and won't open close.

To get it to open, I normally have to do the window reset or keep pushing up and down on the control. When I do a reset I have to do it a couple times.

To close it I have to keep pushing up and down until it moves.

Some times when it moves it only moves and inch until it gets half way, then it moves smoothly.
Sometimes just opening and closing the door,or killing the engine fixes it but i've not found a reliable pattern to get it working.

Its still under warranty so getting it fixed should not be a problem but wanted to have as much info as possible before going in because some days the problem does not show up.

Windows are tinted, so I thought the high temps we've been having may have melted something.
The first time I noticed the problem I'd used the smart key to open the windows to get the hot air out before i got in.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:47 PM
_ant_

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by garthus
Anyone run into a problem where their driver side window get stuck and won't open close.

To get it to open, I normally have to do the window reset or keep pushing up and down on the control. When I do a reset I have to do it a couple times.

To close it I have to keep pushing up and down until it moves.

Some times when it moves it only moves and inch until it gets half way, then it moves smoothly.
Sometimes just opening and closing the door,or killing the engine fixes it but i've not found a reliable pattern to get it working.

Its still under warranty so getting it fixed should not be a problem but wanted to have as much info as possible before going in because some days the problem does not show up.

Windows are tinted, so I thought the high temps we've been having may have melted something.
The first time I noticed the problem I'd used the smart key to open the windows to get the hot air out before i got in.
hmmm maybe someone else has can chime in. I've never had that happen to me man.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:20 PM
garthus

well it loks like its the tinting and the extreme heat are causing the problem.

The prohlem disappeared 2 days before I took the car in for servicev(when it got coolerr). The dealership said they did something but it didn't work because as soon as it got hot again the problem came back.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:41 PM
dallasbeaner

I had that problem in my old G35. I took it to the dealer and it turned out it was a bad window regulator.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:10 PM
reVx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It sounds like it could possibly be a short in the wiring somewhere? Odd that it didn't work when it got hot though.