Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Annoying Noise / Rattle

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 09:59 PM
SpinG37X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Annoying Noise / Rattle

When accelerating from dead stop, I hear like a one time rattle, or noise. While inside the car you hear it from the right rear somewhere around the wheel area / rear quarter panel (fuel tank) area. I suspect its something with either breaks, or some sort of fuel pump / clamp hitting against the metal.
Noise is not too loud if radio is on, but enough to annoy the s88t out of me. Again best I can describe the sound is almost like taking a cable and hitting it against a panel of the car.
Any thoughts, or similar experiences. I will most likely get her checked out.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:13 PM
nbarone

Sure its not your passenger side seat belt? Sometimes it gets loose and rattles against the door, happened to me, drove me nuts. I just readjusted it and problem solved. Give it a try, hopefully that's all it is. Good luck.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:19 PM
SpinG37X

You might be right, I have to check it out further. I did mess around with the rear passenger after someone sat there for the firs time ever. It is surely annoying...

However, digging through the TSB's further, this sounds like something I would be describing:

ITB08-018b CLICKING NOISE FROM REAR AXLES

Last edited by SpinG37X; 07-23-2011 at 10:28 PM. Reason: link addition
Old 07-24-2011, 09:41 PM
jblyden20

Does the noise sound like a metal to metal rattling? My G is making a metal to metal rattling noise and I've taken it to the dealer numerous times. They keep saying that it's the seatbelt hitting against the side and that I just need to secure it. But, the noise is constantly irritating me. It either sounds like something is wrong with the passenger side speaker and the rear passenger speaker. I'm in the same shoes as you. I'm actually thinking about getting rid of the car because of this.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:10 PM
SpinG37X

Originally Posted by jblyden20
Does the noise sound like a metal to metal rattling? My G is making a metal to metal rattling noise and I've taken it to the dealer numerous times. They keep saying that it's the seatbelt hitting against the side and that I just need to secure it. But, the noise is constantly irritating me. It either sounds like something is wrong with the passenger side speaker and the rear passenger speaker. I'm in the same shoes as you. I'm actually thinking about getting rid of the car because of this.
Best I can describe the sound, is like a rubber wire smacked against a body panel. It is more of a one time snap from accelerating, than a constant rattle. As per suggestions above, I also suspect it maybe the seatbelt. It does not happen every time, but enough to annoy the s88t out of me. Again happens only mainly from dead stop onwards.

I wonder if will secure the seatbelt, by improvising as someone sitting in a back, the noise will go away. Might check out...

Did the dealership tell you the seatbelt on the inside or outside? meaning inside the pannel ?
Old 07-28-2011, 01:35 AM
firstinfiniti

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I hear it too....except I feel like its coming from underneath the armrest....or at least that's what it seems like.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:45 AM
ShyAznB8oi
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i also hear this.. like it sounds like the gas is moving aroundish the tank??
Old 07-28-2011, 08:27 PM
SpinG37X

Originally Posted by ShyAznB8oi
i also hear this.. like it sounds like the gas is moving aroundish the tank??
yea like a one time snap;

multiple fellaws suggested messing with the seatbelt; i will try that and messing with the rear seat. ill do it over the weekend after i wash her.