Sponsored By:

Ipl > g37

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 01:24 AM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by nXs
Haha thx for the support. In my opinion the IPL looks better and I think the stock g37 looks great as well but with the aero kit it just makes it look that more f**king sexy. To me getting an IPL is like bragging rights. It's like me wanting people to think "damn that guy has an IPL, he didn't just buy a g, he got the best one out there."
well I thought the people here would actually be smart enough to read the thread carefully and think before they type but instead I got the young morons not the mature older dudes here.[/quote]
I did read it. I have the ability to read. All you were talking about was financing options and showed a bunch of options. I wouldn't get an IPL, but that's just me. If you want one, go ahead lol.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:46 AM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Excuse my ignorance, but did the MSRP on our cars go up? I remember the coupe topping ~43k when I purchased my sedan. I thought the main issue with the IPL that people weren't happy with, was that the price tag was almost $10k more than a "base" g37, without having nearly the hp to back it up and the same 1/4 time...?
Old 07-12-2011, 01:56 AM
nXs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[/quote]I did read it. I have the ability to read. All you were talking about was financing options and showed a bunch of options. I wouldn't get an IPL, but that's just me. If you want one, go ahead lol.[/quote]

IPL mt is cheaper than the G37 mt w/aero kit and spt muff
IPL at is cheaper than the G37 journey and G37x both fully loaded

If people still want a fully loaded g37 at or mt instead of an IPL and saving money... not a hard decision there. Btw if people think the red seats are the only color for the AT, I ask a dealer and said it was possible to have the interior black but I think that's if you factory order it.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:56 AM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by nXs
For people who clearly don't use their heads, what I'm basically saying on this thread, is that in terms of looks, the IPL is a g37 with a slightly different aero kit, if anything it looks pretty much the same.
Front bumper got hit with the ugly stick. Rear bumper looks like it belongs on a Civic out of Need for Speed Underground. Exhaust tips are what, 5" diameter? What's this car make? 1000hp? Rice.
Originally Posted by nXs
So if people bad mouth the IPL look, your bashing the g37 w/aero kit. Sure the IPL needs to be lowered, the seats are ugly, it cost $1,816 (AT) more than the g37 mt w/ aero kit and spt muff and they gave it a pathetic 18 hp more.
Yes, I'm bashing the G37 w/ an aero kit. You make it sound like the 18hp is a lot. It's about 2%. In reality, AUC is affected less than 1%.
Originally Posted by nXs
Here's what you morons can do to solve this; lower the car, get the IPL with black seats (mt), and save an additional $1,816 or if your getting an IPL MT, your actually saving money lol omg. If you can't afford to lower the IPL and/or save $1,816 more, then I dont know how you can even afford a car like this.
Says the guy quoting a lease payment. Are you sure you can afford a car like this? In some people's opinion, if you can't afford to buy the car cash, you can't afford it.
Originally Posted by nXs
Here's an example, why would bmw come out with a GTS and CRT model for the M3 which cost more than 2x than a fully loaded M3 and they give you 36 more hp, 29 more torque, 100 and 440 lbs lighter and some other small stuff?
Race homologation. Duh. CRT = collector's car. BMW has enough rabid fans who will buy them at any price.
Originally Posted by nXs
Hmm limited edition like the IPL huh. Yup it's definitely worth $105k extra compared to the less than 2 gs between IPL and FL g37...
Most definitely is. It lets them race.
Originally Posted by nXs
This thread is about me trying to tell people to get an IPL who are looking to getting a fully loaded g37 within the three g37 models I put up.
Who gon listen?
Originally Posted by nXs
Not to mention the IPL comes with better brakes, suspension, more hp and torque.
Really? REALLY? You're telling me for 2k, I can't do a better job on my own?
Originally Posted by nXs
G37 journey and g37x both fully loaded, a bit more expense than the IPL AT?!?! And a fully loaded g37 mt is cheaper than the IPL MT?!?!? jesus what a decision... I'm showing that's it's logic to get an IPL over a "fully loaded" g37 NOT one that is not fully loaded you tards. And again research why they made such a small tweak to the g37.
Yeah, according to the payments that YOU quoted, the IPL will cost $1500 MORE over the term of the lease. Hmmmm perhaps Infiniti is projecting that the IPL will depreciate more over the course of 39 months...
Originally Posted by nXs
As for Mike saying the following;

I'll take a fully loaded G and mod it to my tastes, thank you.
This reply doesn't go with what I'm saying on my thread. I'm not asking people's replies towards their taste in modding
But you did ask for their thoughts, and that's the justification behind my thoughts.
Originally Posted by nXs

Infiniti made the IPL, because they have no market for a true "high performance" car. This statement wasn't thought out and please explain.
I used to work for Infiniti/Nissan North America. I think it was plenty thought out. Thank you. You can also find me in the credits for the Nav.
Originally Posted by nXs

What a joke. "lets throw a kit on it, use different color leather, stiffen it up a little, and call it a performance car".
I'm sure they would make future IPL's better and technically it is a performance car even if the upgraded performance is small.
The G isn't performance car to begin with. Is a little tweak really that much different? Last I checked, the differences between X and Y were huge.

C-Class vs C63
3 series vs M3
IS vs IS-F
C6 vs C6Z
Carrera vs Carrera Turbo

Or how about some cheaper options

Base Impreza vs STI
Base Lancer vs Evolution
Base Golf vs R32
Base Focus vs Focus ST/RS/whateverperformancevariant

Clearly, the rest of the market thinks a 15-30k jump for a major performance gain is worth it.

I could go on and on with examples.

This is an example of Infiniti's "me too" response, but with just crap from the parts bin.

Hell, the car doesn't even come with the "R-Spec" brake pads. So much for performance.
Originally Posted by nXs
if you don't like what your reading don't say sh*t.
How about following your own advice?

Originally Posted by nXs
I'm trying to be nice and trying to get some help here and finding out people's views
You just found out my point of view. And you're not being very nice. Gonna go home to mommy and cry now.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:02 AM
Soliditude

The IPL is an equivalent of the Nismo 370Z. It has the same engine tune as the 350HP Nismo, only with 2 less horsepower. And the Nismo Z is a fantastic car over the regular Z, and nobody hates on those. Therefore, why hate on the IPL? In addition, the IPL is one of those cars that looks WAAAAY better in person than over pictures or magazines. I didn't like the bumpers very much, either -- and then I saw it driving next to me. It's a fantastic-looking car compared to the standard G. It looks 90% same and 10% better, so there's really no way to factually love the regular G and hate the IPL at the same time. For its price compared to a fully loaded one, and including its added exclusivity, it's a really good bargain.

Besides, it's not like our cat-backed and intaked standard G's can really outperform an IPL. We gain, like, 10 horsepower from our mods, really. So at the most, our slightly-modded G's will be equal to a standard IPL; and in no way noticeably better.

Last edited by Soliditude; 07-12-2011 at 02:13 AM.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:07 AM
Mike

Originally Posted by Soliditude
Besides, it's not like our cat-backed and intaked standard G's can really outperform an IPL. We gain, like, 10 horsepower from out mods, really. So at the most, our modded G's will be equal to a standard IPL.
Intake/exhaust shifts the curve up, while the IPL/Nismo gain only peak power by having less drop-off at the top of the RPM band, where the regular cars plateau in power.

My money would be on the bolt-on car, as their AUC is much larger.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:14 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
nXs - you've done about all of the name calling that is going to be allowed in this thread. Let's keep it civil. Just because most people seem to think your logic is wack and don't agree with it isn't a license for you to be ugly about it. Read the forum rules. Play nice or go home. Thanks.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:18 AM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I hate that Infiniti put an IPL badge and made the car not any faster than a non IPL G. It's inevitable for the IPL to be compared to the likes of AMG, ///M etc because the IPL badge means infiniti's in-house tuning company. People, especially G fans expected more and because the IPL didn't live up to expectations many G fans hate on it.

But all that aside, I think the IPL offers a lot for the money. We can all hate all day long but at the end if the day there's countless G cars on the road, the IPL certainly adds some exclusivity that's otherwise close to impossible with a standard G. And for a bit over 50 grand I think it's worth every penny.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:25 AM
Soliditude

Originally Posted by 1NEETO
I hate that Infiniti put an IPL badge and made the car not any faster than a non IPL G. It's inevitable for the IPL to be compared to the likes of AMG, ///M etc because the IPL badge means infiniti's in-house tuning company. People, especially G fans expected more and because the IPL didn't live up to expectations many G fans hate on it.

But all that aside, I think the IPL offers a lot for the money. We can all hate all day long but at the end if the day there's countless G cars on the road, the IPL certainly adds some exclusivity that's otherwise close to impossible with a standard G. And for a bit over 50 grand I think it's worth every penny.

I completely agree on that. G fans make the IPL seem as though it was promised to be a supercar or something of the sort. But nobody realizes that Nissan/Infiniti already have a car that compares the the likes of M3 or the AMG Coupes. They have the GT-R for that purpose. Hence, if you wanna compete with M3's and AMG's, go get a GT-R.

Other than that, most people don't know why the IPL was released in the first place. It was meant to compete with its usual competitor: the 335i. Because BMW now made a 335iS (look into it) Infiniti made its IPL to compete with the iS model -- that's it. It was never intended for M/AMG competition. Both the IPL and the iS are just slightly beefed-up versions of the standard cars.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:31 AM
Soliditude

Originally Posted by Mike
Intake/exhaust shifts the curve up, while the IPL/Nismo gain only peak power by having less drop-off at the top of the RPM band, where the regular cars plateau in power.

My money would be on the bolt-on car, as their AUC is much larger.

I don't think it's MUCH larger. Maybe slightly at best. Besides, the facts of aftermarket tuning aren't a really big factor in how a company chooses to build its cars, because at least 9 out of 10 people will never mod their cars. It's not really like Infiniti will make decisions based on what maybe only 10% of their customers feel like they should.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:48 AM
Mike

Originally Posted by Soliditude
I don't think it's MUCH larger. Maybe slightly at best. Besides, the facts of aftermarket tuning aren't a really big factor in how a company chooses to build its cars, because at least 9 out of 10 people will never mod their cars. It's not really like Infiniti will make decisions based on what maybe only 10% of their customers feel like they should.
Which is exactly why they don't have a M3/C63/S4 fighter

I haven't done the exact numbers, but I've been doing a lot of AUC calculations for racing purposes (with results that continue to frustrate me). I'd guesstimate that bolt-ons are a ~4-5% gain, while the IPL has a ~1% advantage vs the base.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:56 AM
Soliditude

Which is exactly why they don't have a M3/C63/S4 fighter

I haven't done the exact numbers, but I've been doing a lot of AUC calculations for racing purposes (with results that continue to frustrate me). I'd guesstimate that bolt-ons are a ~4-5% gain, while the IPL has a ~1% advantage vs the base.

No, Nissan/Infiniti already have a fighter for the M's, the AMG's and the RS's, because they have the GT-R for it. Infiniti will never make a car that will rain on the GT-R's parade. Like I mentioned earlier, if you want to compete with the high-class German performance cars, get a GT-R.

And regarding the mods, it all really depends on the mods themselves. My point is that having a base G and adding mods that can match an IPL will probably end up costing you more than just going with an IPL right off the bat. So it's a tricky, picky situation.

Last edited by Soliditude; 07-12-2011 at 03:01 AM.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:00 AM
Mike

But you're comparing a 100k car to a 60k car...

You're preaching to the choir... I can't get myself to mod my (s2k) CR because it's a CR, and the more I track it, the more I wish I had a non-CR so I can freely mod it.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:04 AM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Lol but the cr has an actual performance advantage over the s2k. If we put the ipl on track I doubt the times will be much different.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:07 AM
Soliditude

But you're comparing a 100k car to a 60k car...

You're preaching to the choir... I can't get myself to mod my (s2k) CR because it's a CR, and the more I track it, the more I wish I had a non-CR so I can freely mod it.

The 100k car is because the GT-R not only kills M's and that sort, but it takes out Lamborghinis and almost anything you throw at it at the same time. And if you're comparing price differences, then comparing a 50k IPL to a 65k+ M/AMG/RS car doesn't really seem fair, either. The IPL wins for where it is placed, that's all.

Quick Reply: Ipl > g37