Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ShyAznB8oi
i like the original g37 because it has no gay body kits on
+1 to what he said.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:06 AM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
So nXs, using your logic your opinion is right and the people who think differently are wrong?

Why would I spend 50K on something I think looks too ricey? For the 18hp gain .... not. Relax and just accept the fact folks aren't going to agree .... and that's OK.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:14 AM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
First of all the IPL doesn't have better brakes, it has the same brakes as the S. Second, those extra 18 hp don't happen until past 7000 rpm's. Below 7000 it's the same power as the base G37.

But if a fully loaded G37S goes for just about the same price as the IPL, then I don't see why not get the IPL which I think it's the point the op is trying to get across. If you don't like te IPL aero kit, you can always find someone willing to swap the IPL aero for the non aero side skirts or bumpers. I'd be the first in line.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:16 AM
ricbel
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Correct me if i'm wrong but I remember looking at the specs of a IPL vs 6MT sport and for some reason IPL doesn't have the Intelligent Cruise Control (ICC). IPL isn't exactly fully loaded?
Old 07-12-2011, 12:22 AM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 1NEETO
First of all the IPL doesn't have better brakes, it has the same brakes as the S. Second, those extra 18 hp don't happen until past 7000 rpm's. Below 7000 it's the same power as the base G37.

But if a fully loaded G37S goes for just about the same price as the IPL, then I don't see why not get the IPL which I think it's the point the op is trying to get across. If you don't like te IPL aero kit, you can always find someone willing to swap the IPL aero for the non aero side skirts or bumpers. I'd be the first in line.
Those side skirts are nice
Old 07-12-2011, 12:26 AM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Originally Posted by ricbel
Correct me if i'm wrong but I remember looking at the specs of a IPL vs 6MT sport and for some reason IPL doesn't have the Intelligent Cruise Control (ICC). IPL isn't exactly fully loaded?
Maybe there is no cutout in the bumper for ICC
Old 07-12-2011, 12:30 AM
nXs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1NEETO
But if a fully loaded G37S goes for just about the same price as the IPL, then I don't see why not get the IPL which I think it's the point the op is trying to get across.
yes this is exactly what I'm trying to say and this person actually stayed on topic and used his head. This thread is about people who want or plan to get a "fully loaded" g37 w/ aero kit, people who like the g37 with the aero kit on and me trying to show them it's better to get an IPL instead. Stop saying this and that looks ugly about the IPL. If you cannot understand what I am still saying then I feel sad for you.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:31 AM
ricbel
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ipitythefoo
Maybe there is no cutout in the bumper for ICC
Well what made me notice it at first was that the ICC button was missing from the steering wheel.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:32 AM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Originally Posted by nXs
yes this is exactly what I'm trying to say and this person actually stayed on topic and used his head. This thread is about people who want or plan to get a "fully loaded" g37 w/ aero kit, people who like the g37 with the aero kit on and me trying to show them it's better to get an IPL instead. Stop saying this and that looks ugly about the IPL. If you cannot understand what I am still saying then I feel sad for you.
Then why the hell couldn't you put that into a short concise statement? Instead, you wrote an entire damn essay haha.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:33 AM
G35sportsedan

The stock IPL looks better than 90% of cars that are pictured on the media share on this site. How many ppl have some 20" rims with cheap *** hankooks, ugly played out blackheadlights, and a debadge. How much did you all spend to look like every other modded G?. The IPL is still the best G that came from the factory. For almost the same price as a fully loaded G37s you get a little exclusivity and you get several nice upgrades all under factory warranty. If you want a $60,000 G56 you got to put your money where your mouth is and let Infiniti know.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:34 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by nXs
You are also limited to only 2 colors for the IPL as well.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:36 AM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Originally Posted by G35sportsedan
The stock IPL looks better than 90% of cars that are pictured on the media share on this site. How many ppl have some 20" rims with cheap *** hankooks, ugly played out blackheadlights, and a debadge. How much did you all spend to look like every other modded G?. The IPL is still the best G that came from the factory. For almost the same price as a fully loaded G37s you get a little exclusivity and you get several nice upgrades all under factory warranty. If you want a $60,000 you got to put your money where your mouth is and let Infiniti know.
Those Hankooks are pretty decent tires lol. That being said, I have overpriced Pirelli's on mine haha.

It's the fake wheels that get most people haha.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:41 AM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
The stock IPL looks better than 90% of cars that are pictured on the media share on this site. How many ppl have some 20" rims with cheap *** hankooks, ugly played out blackheadlights, and a debadge. How much did you all spend to look like every other modded G?. The IPL is still the best G that came from the factory. For almost the same price as a fully loaded G37s you get a little exclusivity and you get several nice upgrades all under factory warranty.
In your opinion right? And is car looks stock looks like from the pictures in profile, so you're obviously easily pleased. You're saying the chrome headlights look better than black? Bling bling... The stock IPL. With the 4x4 suspension? Like the stock G35 sedan?
Old 07-12-2011, 12:44 AM
HP_John

It's just a lot of ppl were hoping for more when Infiniti announced a higher performance line, they were thinking the cars would compete w M & AMG
Old 07-12-2011, 01:21 AM
nXs

The stock IPL looks better than 90% of cars that are pictured on the media share on this site. How many ppl have some 20" rims with cheap *** hankooks, ugly played out blackheadlights, and a debadge. How much did you all spend to look like every other modded G?. The IPL is still the best G that came from the factory. For almost the same price as a fully loaded G37s you get a little exclusivity and you get several nice upgrades all under factory warranty. If you want a $60,000 G56 you got to put your money where your mouth is and let Infiniti know.
Haha thx for the support. In my opinion the IPL looks better and I think the stock g37 looks great as well but with the aero kit, it just makes it look that more f**king sexy. To me getting an IPL is like bragging rights. It's like me wanting people to think "damn that guy has an IPL, he didn't just buy a g, he got the best one out there."

[/quote]
Originally Posted by ipitythefoo
Then why the hell couldn't you put that into a short concise statement? Instead, you wrote an entire damn essay haha.
well I thought the people here would actually be smart enough to read the thread carefully and think before they type but instead I got the young morons not the mature older dudes here.

Quick Reply: Ipl > g37