Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Car is 3 days old -> Battery DEAD!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 04:33 PM
korjoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
LOL, no. I would have asked the dealer initally to replace the battery with a new one before I bought it considered he had to jump it to get it going on the test drive.

I'd go into the dealer on Tuesday, tell them the problem and get them to either (A) tow your car to the dealership and install the battery or (B) have a tech drive out to your house and install the new one. Either way you shouldn't have to pay for anything. Be polite but firm and remind them that the battery had to be jumped on your test drive.
Thanks for your tip! So.. how the roadside assistance load the car on the flat bed if the car does not shift from P to N?
Old 07-03-2011, 05:55 PM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by korjoy
I hope it's just the battery. Road assistance dude told me it may not be the battery bc he couldn't jump start the car.
A jump start will fail if the battery is very drained or bad. I would have demanded a new battery installed the day the car was bought. When a battery is left uncharged for a long period of time, sulfation happens, and when sulfation happens, they lose the ability to hold a charge. Most people don't know this, but when a car at a dealership fails to start, you should demand to have a new battery installed because chances are that car has probably been sitting there with a dead battery for weeks if not months. New cars are not immune to this.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:06 PM
Christian421

Thanks for your tip! So.. how the roadside assistance load the car on the flat bed if the car does not shift from P to N?

You just have to take off the shift lock to be able to shift into N without the car being on. No worries.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:54 AM
htown_86

Dealer, warranty ... loaner car...
Old 07-04-2011, 11:17 AM
btonye

DUDE you are ****ed for the weekend, yikes, but hey its most likely the battery, that happened to me one day last year, was about to go to work and Bam no charge wat so ever not even a jump start would help. So I got roadside to come out, funny thing they got it started so I drove to the dealership and they didnt charge me for a new battery, guess they could not afford bad pub. On the other hand they are very reputable. I wish you good luck and enjoy thay baby when you get it started.

B in htown
Old 07-04-2011, 04:40 PM
DashKid
Banned

I had this problem to before I left for overseas. I remember mine dying on a Saturday right after the dealer had closed but this is a temporary fix. If you have a jumper cable jump start the car and drive it around for about 20 minutes. That should hold up the car for a while and take it in on Tuesday.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:03 PM
korjoy

Update!

Towed my g37 to the dealer this morning and the tech put a bigger battery in. The car runs like a boss BUT I feel a slight pull to the left when braking and pull to the right while driving.

Do you guys think the alignment is off already? Towing guys tied the rope on front left wheel and right rear wheel to secure the car on the flatbed. Do you guys think they damaged it during transporting? Does Infiniti offer 'FREE' alignment for new cars?
Old 07-05-2011, 06:11 PM
1NEETO

An alignment should not be off this early. I would take it back.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:18 PM
korjoy

Originally Posted by 1NEETO
An alignment should not be off this early. I would take it back.
Oh god.. I hope so..
Old 07-06-2011, 11:33 AM
chasemyaccord

2nd time? WOW! How long did they take it to put a new one? Did you get a loaner car or had to wait there?
The first time I didn't get a loaner, waited an hour and a half, and they replaced the battery without telling me about it for a "reduced price," which annoyed me quite a bit. Supposedly they put a larger battery in (probably the one from the M sedan), which "resolved" the issue. About a year later, my battery died again (see this thread). This time, they did a TSB that involved replacing the vent control valve. It's been a little over three months, so hard to say if it really worked. I was sure to ask for a loaner this time. Ask me again next March and I'll give you a more definitive answer.

But I still love my car.