Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Problem at start up

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 02:33 AM
asitag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jplebeouf
I have the same problem and don't think it has anything to do with the battery. I think it's probably the clutch switch. Until a couple of days ago, it usually started on the first try, with the second try always working. In the last couple of days I've had to press the button more than twice on two different occasions. It never really bothered me and thought it might be common, but now I'm worried that eventually I won't be able to start it at all.

This is the main reason I'm not crazy about push button starts. I do love never having to take my keys out of my pocket though!

I had a day when i tried to start it up 4-5 times. But i pressed on the gas at the moment i pressed the ignition button and it worked...
Old 08-19-2011, 03:01 AM
AussieV36

open your bonnet & see if there is any chalky residue building up on the + & - connectors on the battery.

first step would be to replace the battery especially if it's the original one that came with the car from japan. If that doesn't help you know to start looking at other issues such as starter etc.
btw are you on skylinesaustralia.com? my username is yo-yo on there
Old 08-21-2011, 10:36 AM
asitag

Originally Posted by AussieV36
open your bonnet & see if there is any chalky residue building up on the + & - connectors on the battery.

first step would be to replace the battery especially if it's the original one that came with the car from japan. If that doesn't help you know to start looking at other issues such as starter etc.
btw are you on skylinesaustralia.com? my username is yo-yo on there

Hey Yo-Yo, i have seen you on the threads. my name is the same as here.

I will give that a shot regarding the battery. i will get a new battery if i can't figure this out.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:59 AM
AMCDeac

I had the same (or same symptoms) issue. I took it in to get the clutch sensor (I think that's what it is called) fixed. They replaced the battery, too. Everything works fine now.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:55 PM
TopBeam

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My bet is on battery, get a new one see what happens if that won't fix it then go for the starter... Personally I would go to my mechanic and let him look into it if he finds the problem thwn go to dealer hopefully you still have your warranty. Good Luck man.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:41 AM
AussieV36

Originally Posted by asitag
Hey Yo-Yo, i have seen you on the threads. my name is the same as here.
I will give that a shot regarding the battery. i will get a new battery if i can't figure this out.
all good, I'll keep an eye out for you on the sau forums
good luck getting fixed, nearest nissan service dealer may be able to help as lots of similar parts shared with 370z
Originally Posted by TopBeam
My bet is on battery, get a new one see what happens if that won't fix it then go for the starter... Personally I would go to my mechanic and let him look into it if he finds the problem thwn go to dealer hopefully you still have your warranty. Good Luck man.
both OP & I live in australia so our cars are jdm models imported into the country. The upside is the car is really rare in the country at the moment as infiniti isn't due to arrive until next year, downside is no factory warranty, only maybe what the import dealership may provide which is usually rubbish & not worth the paper it's printed on
Old 08-22-2011, 10:08 PM
asitag

Originally Posted by AussieV36
both OP & I live in australia so our cars are jdm models imported into the country. The upside is the car is really rare in the country at the moment as infiniti isn't due to arrive until next year , downside is no factory warranty, only maybe what the import dealership may provide which is usually rubbish & not worth the paper it's printed on
Exactly. the guy i got to import my car told me that it would be a total waste of cash to get the warranty. nothing is covered!

either way, i will get my battery fixed at my next service
Old 08-23-2011, 08:20 PM
jdtx

valet parking ppl drained my battery.. and ever since, i have this same issue