Sponsored By:

FI Resonated Cat Pipes and Legalis-R exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 08:05 PM
YetiTL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FI Resonated Cat Pipes and Legalis-R exhaust

Hi everyone,

well break-in is over so modding time begins now.

I have the Hotchkis sways and RB 2 pieces rotors/ET500/SSlines and lightweight alloy with Michelin Pilot super sport tires coming in in less than 1 month. Should be great for handling and stopping. Weight savings of 14 lbs per corner in trhe front and 10 or so per corner in the rear.

For the exhaust, I really would like something to add a little tone as I feel the exhaust sounds great but a little hollow. I was looking at what we had a s options and I came across the FI resonated cat pipes and Legalis-R exhaust. Anyone had opinion on those 2 parts. I read some on the Legalis R but got squat (no sound clips) for the FI Resonated HFC.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 06-23-2011, 08:17 PM
advan37

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Check with WPPJR30, he got Fujitsubo Legalis-R, and i think some sound clips been done.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/private...-system-7.html
Old 06-23-2011, 09:19 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
I have had two Fujitsubo Legalis-R exhaust systems - one on my Z and one on my G. I had had four other exhaust systems on my Z before I landed on a set-up I liked: The Fujitsubo Legalis-R.

If you are simply looking to enhance/awaken/amplify the stock note of the VQ then I think you'll really like this exhaust. It actually has less rasp than the stock system. I never got around to installing my MXP Double-Resonated Test Pipes while this exhaust was on my G (although I did have an aftermarket Y-pipe). However, I had HFC's and a Y-pipe mated with the Fuji system on my Z and I loved it.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:28 PM
YetiTL

Thanks for the replies!
Old 06-24-2011, 06:31 PM
YetiTL

Originally Posted by WPPJR30
I have had two Fujitsubo Legalis-R exhaust systems - one on my Z and one on my G. I had had four other exhaust systems on my Z before I landed on a set-up I liked: The Fujitsubo Legalis-R.

If you are simply looking to enhance/awaken/amplify the stock note of the VQ then I think you'll really like this exhaust. It actually has less rasp than the stock system. I never got around to installing my MXP Double-Resonated Test Pipes while this exhaust was on my G (although I did have an aftermarket Y-pipe). However, I had HFC's and a Y-pipe mated with the Fuji system on my Z and I loved it.
Thanks a lot, I saw your posts and it sparked the interest. I wanted to know about the gains, Iguess that being an axle-back only, the performance gains aren't that big: 5-10 hp and around 5 tq?

It's the FI resonated cat pipes that are the killer, can't find sound clips anywhere...
Old 06-24-2011, 06:53 PM
WPPJR30

It is y-pipe back. You will notice some improvement in performance but, as with any exhaust, you will not be thrown back into your seat just adding an exhaust system.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:31 PM
YetiTL

WPPJR30: You speak too much truth, watch that level-headed comment of yours!

Seriously, I think the hp/tq from a full exhaust can be quite good (+/-30hp/tq) depends on the brand.

When I had my TL, the biggest pieces of the exhaust puzzle were the Pre-cat deletes (20hp/20tq) and the Jpipe (from the 2 primary cats to the 3rd, good for 10-15hp/15-20tq). I agree that even the TL had pretty tame gains from only the axle-back (like 10hp/5tq at most).

So when I first began researching the exhaust for the G37, it became quite clear that the exhaust is already free-flowing and it would be harder to get a single mod like the Jpipe for the Acura that would add minimal noise(just enough) and a fair bit of power, better FE and for under 500 $ (price isn't really a factor but having a good value is always fun).

Anyway, since you know like x1000 more than me on exhaust, any tips to help the car on the hp/tq department without going FI? My basic idea was FI Res Cat pipes/ Exhaust depot y pipe/Legalis-R but I was afraid of the combined increased in rasp, excessive volume and such...so your knowledge would be great.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:50 PM
WPPJR30

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that you can't see some gains from an exhaust, but I don't think you'll approach the 30HP mark. Regardless, where you'll see the gains after doing all the exhaust modifications, is with a tune. I would do the cats, the Y-pipe, and the exhaust system, but then, to maximize the gains from those breathing modifications, I would spend the $500+ to get the car tuned. Just my $.02...

In reading your posts, it seems like you enjoy the sound from your stock exhaust, I cannot emphasize enough the crisp, rasp-free note of the Fujitsubo. It is a tame-sounding exhaust, only slightly louder than the stock exhaust with less rasp.

Hope that helps...
Old 06-25-2011, 07:57 AM
YetiTL

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that you can't see some gains from an exhaust, but I don't think you'll approach the 30HP mark. Regardless, where you'll see the gains after doing all the exhaust modifications, is with a tune. I would do the cats, the Y-pipe, and the exhaust system, but then, to maximize the gains from those breathing modifications, I would spend the $500+ to get the car tuned. Just my $.02...

In reading your posts, it seems like you enjoy the sound from your stock exhaust, I cannot emphasize enough the crisp, rasp-free note of the Fujitsubo. It is a tame-sounding exhaust, only slightly louder than the stock exhaust with less rasp.

Hope that helps...
Yes it does help me. Actually, the only aftermarket exhaust I consider using is the Fujitsubo, the rest is too loud for my tastes and I agree with the tune. This is a big plus compared to Acura where we did not have something similar to make sure the A/F ratio and tuning was perfect afterwards...

Thanks for all the input. I'll first get my handling mods down then I'll see for the breathing mods...
Old 07-31-2011, 07:49 AM
YetiTL

Hope that helps...
Would you have an idea if the Fujitsubo Legalis-R fits the AWD-7AT Coupe??

Thank you for your help!