Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

lemon Law

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 07:14 PM
nitto1287

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lemon Law

So basically I had no pressure in my clutch 4!!! dam times and alot of trouble from the dealership about it. I love this car but dam i had it at the dealer for 3 weeks last time since they had to replace a bunch of stuff underwarranty. Im losing my motivation for this car and im really thinking about going though with it.
What do you guys think????
Old 06-15-2011, 07:25 PM
Soliditude

Originally Posted by nitto1287
So basically I had no pressure in my clutch 4!!! dam times and alot of trouble from the dealership about it. I love this car but dam i had it at the dealer for 3 weeks last time since they had to replace a bunch of stuff underwarranty. Im losing my motivation for this car and im really thinking about going though with it.
What do you guys think????

Yeah, man, I know how you're feeling about it. Sometimes, when even a great car like the G37 is giving you annoying trouble, you just feel like getting rid of it. I think that unless you're planning to switch to another G37, switching to a whole other car should be taken carefully. We all love of G's, and they are factually fantastic cars, so try and not let the problem of your particular G take you away from what the overall G is--because it's a sweet car. Hopefully, that makes sense to you.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:31 PM
aexis

I am not sure of the KS lemon laws but if the clutch pressure has not been fixed 4 times within a short amount of time then it sounds like you should try to lemon law it.

The CA lemon laws some small excerpts:

1. The law requires that if the manufacturer or its representative in this state, such as an authorized dealer, is unable to service or repair a new motor vehicle to meet the terms of an express written warranty after a reasonable number of repair attempts, the manufacturer is required promptly to replace the vehicle or return the purchase price to the lessee or buyer.

2.What is considered a reasonable number of repair attempts will depend on the circumstances including the seriousness of the defect. For example, one or two repair attempts may be considered reasonable for serious safety defects such as brake failure, depending on the exact situation.

That is CA specific but I would think the KS one is similar
Old 06-15-2011, 07:44 PM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Kansas Lemon Law Statutes: Statutes 50-645 - 50-646

Under the terms of the Kansas lemon law, a vehicle will qualify as a lemon if it meets the following requirements:
The vehicle must have a defect or nonconformity which substantially affects the safety, use or value of the vehicle.
That nonconformity must not be the result of abuse, neglect or unauthorized modification of the vehicle by the consumer.
The vehicle must have been presented to the manufacturer for repairs and still exists despite a reasonable number of repair attempts. The Kansas Lemon Law defines reasonable as:

1. The problem occurs four times within the first year of ownership
2. The vehicle has been in the shop more than nine times to address substantial” problems
3. The vehicle has been out of service for a total of 30 or more days. This period may be extended if the repairs have not been made due to circumstances beyond the control of the manufacturer, such as fire, flood, strike, war or natural disaster.
4. Under certain extreme conditions, the vehicle may qualify with only one visit to the shop
Old 06-15-2011, 07:46 PM
_ant_

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
damn sorry to hear of your troubles man. Hope everything gets resolved.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:49 PM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rks
Kansas Lemon Law Statutes: Statutes 50-645 - 50-646

Under the terms of the Kansas lemon law, a vehicle will qualify as a lemon if it meets the following requirements:
The vehicle must have a defect or nonconformity which substantially affects the safety, use or value of the vehicle.
That nonconformity must not be the result of abuse, neglect or unauthorized modification of the vehicle by the consumer.
The vehicle must have been presented to the manufacturer for repairs and still exists despite a reasonable number of repair attempts. The Kansas Lemon Law defines reasonable as:

1. The problem occurs four times within the first year of ownership
2. The vehicle has been in the shop more than nine times to address substantial” problems
3. The vehicle has been out of service for a total of 30 or more days. This period may be extended if the repairs have not been made due to circumstances beyond the control of the manufacturer, such as fire, flood, strike, war or natural disaster.
4. Under certain extreme conditions, the vehicle may qualify with only one visit to the shop
Yeah, lemon law is really specific. It's not just "I'm annoyed and don't want the car anymore". There was a really good post last year about the ins and outs of lemon laws. Basically it comes down to getting the case reviewed by a lemon law lawyer. They'll be able to tell you if it's worth while or not persuing.