G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

PICS - IPL sideskirts vs. stock sideskirts

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 12:06 PM
_ant_

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
It doesnt matter if they know its going on the car. It is a factory option that increases value to the car. There is no way they will turn you away from giving them $550 + install. I guarantee that.

As far as buying parts for a car that you'll eventually give back, you can always sell the sides when you turn youre lease back in. Its the same concept as someone parting out their car when they sell it.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:35 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by 11_xS_coupe
Have you, or anyone, seen these skirts on an X coupe?

I cant drop my X due to my lease, but i am definentally going to go to the dealership this weekend and see if theyl let me get these sides.
First the sides are on the IPL but also a part on the aero kit which is an option when buying or leasing a car. I have seen my dealer install Eibach springs on a buddys lease a year or so ago. They also have installed a number of other options of other aftermarket parts on leases before, I think they will install some stillen products. Just return the car to its original state when your lease is over, no big deal. The only thing you can void is the warranty but Infiniti will need to prove that the aftermarket part you put on had in some way caused a problem with your car. But if your dealership is saying you cant lower it then I guess you cant, just check with them first to make sure. I have only seen a couple cars with these sides so far not counting the AERO/IPL versions. Me, G-Lover, and VossenG37s
Old 06-15-2011, 01:28 PM
Amilam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought my g37S used, but it was a former lease car. The car had Iron man headlights, an AUX input for the screen that works while driving (I dont use), and some led's also inside the headlights. Guess they didnt check or didnt care, but it was all cleanly installed and I didnnt know otherwise until checking these forums.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:35 PM
11_xS_coupe

Originally Posted by voltic
Meh. As long as they don't know they're going on the car, you're fine. The real question is do you want to buy parts for a car you'll eventually give back?
Well, im going to be moving into the city after this lease is over, so i wont have a car for a bunch of years after this. So i dont really mind spending the money now. I want to mod it as much as possible just because i enjoy doing it. Little handcuffed with the lease though...

Originally Posted by _ant_
It doesnt matter if they know its going on the car. It is a factory option that increases value to the car. There is no way they will turn you away from giving them $550 + install. I guarantee that.

As far as buying parts for a car that you'll eventually give back, you can always sell the sides when you turn youre lease back in. Its the same concept as someone parting out their car when they sell it.
THats what i figure, il lose out for the price of the install and re-install of the original parts, but il sell them on here after.

Originally Posted by Pcasey
First the sides are on the IPL but also a part on the aero kit which is an option when buying or leasing a car. I have seen my dealer install Eibach springs on a buddys lease a year or so ago. They also have installed a number of other options of other aftermarket parts on leases before, I think they will install some stillen products. Just return the car to its original state when your lease is over, no big deal. The only thing you can void is the warranty but Infiniti will need to prove that the aftermarket part you put on had in some way caused a problem with your car. But if your dealership is saying you cant lower it then I guess you cant, just check with them first to make sure. I have only seen a couple cars with these sides so far not counting the AERO/IPL versions. Me, G-Lover, and VossenG37s
When i asked them if i could lower the car i talked to my salesman, and he just said no, no way, the car has to be exactly the way it was when i purchased it. So i guess technically i could do anything as long as i return it back to stock.
Hereing that your buddy did that im going to actually go into the dealership and talk to a manager this w.e and see if i can lower and get the skirts.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:29 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Better to ask for forgiveness than for permission. Just do it ands return it to stock before taking back.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:26 PM
aexis

What is disappointing though is you can not have the rear splash guards with IPL side skirts, so you either have to get the sideskirts and nothing in back or sideskirts + IPL back which a lot of people do not like the look of.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:34 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Originally Posted by aexis
What is disappointing though is you can not have the rear splash guards with IPL side skirts, so you either have to get the sideskirts and nothing in back or sideskirts + IPL back which a lot of people do not like the look of.
You mean the front splash guard???? my rear splash guard goes on my bumper.....???
Old 06-15-2011, 07:38 PM
aexis

I have been told the front splash (oops not rear) guard won't fit with the IPL sideskirts installed. I didn't think it made sense but maybe they overlap , if they do fit let me know
Old 06-15-2011, 07:53 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

not sure if they do. Prolly wouldnt look right, I will try and put them on tomorrow and see if they work.