Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Warranty repairs/replacements list.

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 11:34 AM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Warranty repairs/replacements list.

Ok, guys... I know some of us here like myself are almost done with the standard 4 yr warranties on their cars. So I thought about making a thread that lists down what warranty work (repairs/replacements) have been done to your cars. I figured it can also help with those that are not sure if their issues are covered under warranty or not. **Bur of course....this may depend on your dealerships though.

Let me start. I'l try to list it in chronological order.

Car: 2008 G37S coupe, delivered April 2008. Currently with ~29,000 miles.

1) replaced passenger side rear oem wheel 2 weeks after delivery (found a 4 inch curb rash on it the day after I took her home)

2) VVEL Bank2 noise (had this done twice)

3) clutch engagement sensor adjustment (car couldnt recognize that clutch is pressed down so it wouldnt start the engine)

4) driver side window regulator and switch (window controls were working randomly and sometimes get stuck)

and most recently, I mentioned to my service advisor about the inner door pull trim (washi) was all scratched up as well as washi bezel around the shifter. There are also scuffs on the leather arm rest on the driver side door. They took a look at it and they said they will replace the whole inside door panel and the shcenter console assembly. They've ordered the parts yesterday.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:14 PM
voltic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1) Driver side lighted kick plate started bubbling up under the plastic cover.
2) Driver seat leather bubbled and wrinkled at 8,000mi. The service manager tried to tell me that it was normal. I've never seen a car at 80,000mi that had leather that jacked up.
3) They adjusted something with the microphone since the car could never hear me.
4) Gauge cluster cover separating from dash.
5) Right-side wiper makes a seriously loud click noise every time it sweeps up, still getting this fixed.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:21 PM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
1. Washi Door Pulls - Original was all scratched up.
2. Steering wheel - The bezel around the steering wheel controls had scratches on it.
3. Instrument Dash Pad - Was peeling on the edges.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:33 PM
myk1013

Originally Posted by voltic
1) Driver side lighted kick plate started bubbling up under the plastic cover.
2) Driver seat leather bubbled and wrinkled at 8,000mi. The service manager tried to tell me that it was normal. I've never seen a car at 80,000mi that had leather that jacked up.
3) They adjusted something with the microphone since the car could never hear me.
4) Gauge cluster cover separating from dash.5) Right-side wiper makes a seriously loud click noise every time it sweeps up, still getting this fixed.
Originally Posted by breftayka
1. Washi Door Pulls - Original was all scratched up.
2. Steering wheel - The bezel around the steering wheel controls had scratches on it.
3. Instrument Dash Pad - Was peeling on the edges.

How's the new dash holding up now? Was it replaced or re-glued? I have the same issue as well.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:04 PM
voltic

Originally Posted by myk1013
How's the new dash holding up now? Was it replaced or re-glued? I have the same issue as well.
Seems to me they actually replaced the entire cover. I haven't had a problem in the 6 months since they did it.

Oh, not a defect/real warranty job, but for laughs:
6) Had my entire ECU replaced after I bought a HyperTech off a member here. Wasn't explained that the tune on it was a beta flash intended for his VIN only and it bricked my ECU so bad they couldn't reprogram it. $0 out of pocket, thankfully.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:18 PM
Unique Bliss

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 2008 G37S coupe, delivered April 2008. Currently with ~38,000 miles.

1. Muffler - Famous "rattle" noise. Muffler was replaced entirely.
2. Washi Door Pulls/Shift **** - Highly scratched. Replaced.
3. Brakes - Loud squeaking noise while hitting brakes in reverse. Replaced pads and rotors.
4. Gas cap - Broke at randon. Replaced.

This thread is a good idea...
Old 06-13-2011, 10:38 PM
OB G

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2011 G37x bought Feb 2011

I'm currently at ~3800 miles

Voltic, you're lucky you got to 8,000 miles before your seat started bubbling. I think mine started bubbling within the first 1,000 miles. Just got them replaced last week. My last car was a 96 Lexus ES300 and I had over 200,000 miles and I had ZERO problems with the seats.

SO...

1. Replaced bubble butt seats
2. In process (ordered parts, waiting to receive) of getting passenger side window rubber seal replaced.

On a side note, I've noticed that when I'm in 2nd and I kinda just cruise around instead of shifting into 3rd, when I get to ~3k rpms it sounds like there's a sputtering (probably isn't the right word, but can't think of another one that fits better) sound coming from the engine. This isn't normal is it?
Old 06-15-2011, 09:40 PM
ilzdomain

1. Steering wheel plastic
2. Backseat bubbling
3. Loose hand brake
Old 06-15-2011, 11:42 PM
koa789

2008 G37S coupe - August 29th, 2007 54,250 miles

1.Cruise control went bad 5 times. Replaced ECU, clutch switch, brake switch, steering wheel switch, CC control unit (took 5 separate dealer visits)
2. Front brake rotors warped 3 separate times in 55k miles(3 separate dealer visits)
3. Front hubs (both sides) replaced twice each due to wear(2 separate dealer visits)
4. Rear sub frame replaced
5. Diff. replaced due to gear noise
6. Transmission replaced due to 1st gear popping out
7. Clutch replaced twice
8. Steering wheel trim replaced
9. Dash replaced twice due to peeling
10. Passenger side a/c vent trim peeling
11. Exhaust rattle
12. Windshield washers quit working
13. Check engine light, bank 1 O2 sensor replaced

Car was never tracked or abused or raced. Used it for commuting to work and taking road trips to California and Nevada. Finally got rid of it last week...when I got a random check engine light coming back from Vegas and the car hit limp mode.

Issues they never fixed:

1. Seat bubbling
2. Vibration in 1st gear when accelerating
3. Rear bumper that kept popping out due to worn/broken clips (never backed into anything and never wrecked)
4. MFD display and screen that would go dim on hot days, and turn purple on cold days
5. Driver's side window seal leaking air at 70+ MPH
6. Rear brake squeal, I was told this was normal....
7. Washi trim that scratched too easily....I replaced this on my own with 09 trim

Last edited by koa789; 06-15-2011 at 11:47 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:24 AM
myk1013

^

Whoa, that's a LOT!
Old 06-16-2011, 03:05 AM
maxfinity

2010 g37 sedan, purchased June 16, 2010( Hey its my cars B-day), 19,005 miles.

1) Front rotors twice - resurfaced under warranty, once in error
2)Back rotors - resurfaced once.
3)Call Waiting fixed - Updated Nav software

Complaints at my next visit

1) Infiniti Logo came off of drivers side rug.
2) A/C Occasionally blows warm when idle.
3) Steering wheel scratched up
4) Brakes Squeak under light pressure
5) Rattle in drivers side door
6) Door trim(Near seatbelt anchor scratched up)
7) Bluetooth Tsb (Shows whose calling during call waiting)
Old 06-16-2011, 04:06 AM
koa789

Originally Posted by myk1013
^

Whoa, that's a LOT!
Keep in mind, most of these were more than one visit, with a 30 minute drive each way when dropping off the car and picking it up. Not to mention the time I spent waiting there. It adds up to a lot of wasted time. Like I said, no longer have the car, but it really put me off from buying another Infiniti product ever again.

Come to find out, I may not have done much better with my new car. There are over 2700 people already complaining about the 2nd and 3rd gear syncros failing on the Getrag manual transmissions, and Ford doesn't even have a permanent solution for it, because even the transmissions they replaced have the problems reoccur
Old 06-16-2011, 12:21 PM
voltic

Originally Posted by maxfinity
1) Infiniti Logo came off of drivers side rug.
WTF? Haha how's that even possible, isn't it stitched?

On a side note, I'm noticing everyone seems to be having rotor issues, what's it feel like when it's messed up?
Old 06-16-2011, 01:12 PM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by koa789
Keep in mind, most of these were more than one visit, with a 30 minute drive each way when dropping off the car and picking it up. Not to mention the time I spent waiting there. It adds up to a lot of wasted time. Like I said, no longer have the car, but it really put me off from buying another Infiniti product ever again.

Come to find out, I may not have done much better with my new car. There are over 2700 people already complaining about the 2nd and 3rd gear syncros failing on the Getrag manual transmissions, and Ford doesn't even have a permanent solution for it, because even the transmissions they replaced have the problems reoccur
Haha, yea, the china-made transmission in the Mustang GT is the same used in some land rover and ford transit van, both with the same transmission problems.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:14 PM
maxfinity

Originally Posted by voltic
WTF? Haha how's that even possible, isn't it stitched?

On a side note, I'm noticing everyone seems to be having rotor issues, what's it feel like when it's messed up?
Lol... Yeah thats what I thought too.
When the rotors are messed up you feel vibration in the steering wheel(Front Rotors) or it feels like the whole car is shaking(Rear Rotors) while braking at highway speeds.

Quick Reply: Warranty repairs/replacements list.