Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Question about 2011 G37 Coupe and Break In's

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 03:54 PM
skmiller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about 2011 G37 Coupe and Break In's

Anyone know if anything has been done on the 2011 models to deter thiefs from breaking into the car so easily?

I have the 2008 model and have been broken into twice, and Im not talking in the middle of the ghetto but suburbia. Both times it was done in the same manner by puncturing the door in a certain spot that triggers both windows to automatically roll down. Alarm never goes off when this is done since there was no impact to the windows.

This seems like a very commom problem as numerous people I know that own Infiniti have had this done and when I did a search online lots of people were complaining. Of course the salesmen and service managers claim to know nothing about it but when you talk to the actual mechanics they know exactly how its done and said it takes less than 20 seconds.

I think the estimate for repair each time was $3000+ because the door panel needed to be replaced and in the case of an ivory pearl vehicle they end up painting the entire side of the car so it blends. Obviously its covered under insurance but $500 deductibles add up and the insurance people start to look at you funny as if you are ripping them off somehow.