Sponsored By:

Deal on Re-Tint

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 12:57 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Kirkster
I went to the eye doctor last week. Asked him abut the tint prescription and he said, 'no problem I would be happy to write you one, how dark do you want it for? I I had the slightest inkling it would be that easy, I would have done it in the first place. I declined the prescription and he said if you change your mind just give me a call and I will wrte you one and you can pick it up or i will fax it to you. This guy is my eye doctor for life.
You may want to rethink how good a doctor this guy is. He’s probably ignorant of the law, assuming it's similar to California's, and how it could jeopardize his medical license, and how you could be pulled over at night in spite of a note. You used good judgment in declining the prescription. Also, in a desire to please a customer, his level of professionalism, such as it is, may not be in your best interest. Your eyes deserve better.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:15 PM
Kirkster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think he is a top notch doctor and have been a patient for a number of years. I think what it shows is how dumb the law is. The only people that really suffer from it are the folks doing the tinting. The law has had a significant negative impact on the auto tinting business in Minnesota.

Originally Posted by Chekov
You may want to rethink how good a doctor this guy is. He’s probably ignorant of the law, assuming it's similar to California's, and how it could jeopardize his medical license, and how you could be pulled over at night in spite of a note. You used good judgment in declining the prescription. Also, in a desire to please a customer, his level of professionalism, such as it is, may not be in your best interest. Your eyes deserve better.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:48 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Well then, I guess we’re back to the old argument. The law assumes that tinted windows beyond what is allowed compromises night visibility. It’s there to promote road safety, something for which your state legislators are responsible. You may disagree with that premise, but it certainly is not dumb.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
I don't find this any different than getting prescribed pot. In Cali it's very easy as well as Colorado. Getting prescibed for tint is laughable in comparision.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Kirkster

i don't think the reason the law was enacted is dumb, the dumbness comes in to play with how the law was written to allow basically anyone to get around it.

Originally Posted by Chekov
Well then, I guess we’re back to the old argument. The law assumes that tinted windows beyond what is allowed compromises night visibility. It’s there to promote road safety, something for which your state legislators are responsible. You may disagree with that premise, but it certainly is not dumb.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:56 PM
mystakin
Registered Member

why did you decline the prescription???
Old 08-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Originally Posted by Kirkster
i don't think the reason the law was enacted is dumb, the dumbness comes in to play with how the law was written to allow basically anyone to get around it.
You make a good point. To the degree that drivers can get around it, we all suffer a bit. Based on the inevitable accident every now and then, insurance rates go up, health care costs rise, and people lose a bit more respect for our laws, making matters even worse. Laws that are not enforced are worthless. I wish I had a solution.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:41 PM
Kirkster

I had the legal tint installed already and am happy with it. I was just checking to see how easy or hard it would be to get a prescription.

Originally Posted by mystakin
why did you decline the prescription???