Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Would like to hear from folks who chose NOT to get the sport coupe

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 10:06 PM
LarryG

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 1NEETO
LOL do you think that Brembo is the be-all-end-all of brakes? There's many brands out there that make just as good brakes and Akebono is one of them. Keep on saying that the S BBK is just looks, you sound more and more clueless when you say so.

LOL 3 fake vents? I have heard just about everything when it comes to the sport vs non sport bumpers but fake vents must be a first. Seems like someone is running out of ideas.

And second, learn how to talk. It's worse, not worst, and than, not then. Even my 12 year old son knows the difference.

Third, you're still hung up on the 60-0 test. I already explained how irrelevant a 60-0 test is. But you choose to remain ignorant. Can't help you there. Also the G37 coupe is over 150 lbs heavier (3542 for the 335 and 3715 for the G37), that's the main reason it stopped from 60-0 at a longer distance, not because of the brakes.

It does mid to high 12's @ over 110 you illiterate fool. 2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 Full Test

Here's an excerpt if you're too lazy to read the whole thing.

C&D also got a 12 sec pass and so did motortrend. Read and weep.

He doesn't get it. I can't believe he keeps on talking about 60-0 tests. Btw the S BBK are made by Akebono not Nissan.
Lmao! Do I need to talk professional on here? am I being graded? Why are you trying to correct me? Since you want to be a smartass, Motortrend is a company and a 10 year old knows you need to capitalize the first letter of Motor : P. Don't try to be a smart *** and have typos or sentence errors.

2nd of all, the journey has 2 fake vents for looks. The sport has 3, one middle and two little one on both side that does not effect the performance at all. 3rdly, I own the car and Ive driven the Journey before and know the brakes isn't all that on the "sports" version so quit flattering yourself just because you have the exact same engine as the base model.

Also, if you know how to scroll up you went on and on how the Dodge Challenger does 1/4 "Low 13s or high 12s" and not ONCE mentioned the 12's. I am assuming you did more research and saw that the 2011 SRT8 does a 1/4 quicker time then you pulled out of your a**.

So technically speaking... the G37 base model should brake a lot faster with the standard brakes because its lighter just like the 335i right? making the sports brakes pointless??? is that what you're trying to say??? hHahHAHAHAHAHAHA you are a fool.

Last edited by LarryG; 06-07-2011 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Info
Old 06-07-2011, 10:57 PM
AZg37
Premier Member

Received 46 Likes on 6 Posts
Who in the hell cares what the Challenger does? Whoever brought that up and started this crap = FAIL!

Get back on topic and stop this stupid Sport - non sport beef, and DO NOT start comparing American muscle cars to a G, for Christ's sake!
Old 06-07-2011, 11:35 PM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by LarryG
Lmao! Do I need to talk professional on here? am I being graded? Why are you trying to correct me? Since you want to be a smartass, Motortrend is a company and a 10 year old knows you need to capitalize the first letter of Motor : P. Don't try to be a smart *** and have typos or sentence errors.
Not capitalizing Motortrend is nowhere near as bad as not knowing the difference in between then/than, worse/worst. I mentioned it just for the hell of it, it simply sounds retarded when people don't know simple grammar.
2nd of all, the journey has 2 fake vents for looks. The sport has 3, one middle and two little one on both side that does not effect the performance at all.
I know that silly, it's just that I have never seen anyone point that out when discussing which bumper looks better. "the S bumper has 3 fake vents vs the journey having two" wtf is the point? IMO the S bumper looks better. Some think the non S looks better.
3rdly, I own the car and Ive driven the Journey before and know the brakes isn't all that on the "sports" version so quit flattering yourself just because you have the exact same engine as the base model.
Of course you still don't get it. On regular daily driving you won't feel much of a difference in between the S and non S brakes. The difference is evident during continuous hard braking. The non S brakes will start to fade while the S brakes will still perform strong. Doesn't have to be at a racetrack, this should be evident on a spirited drive through a canyon or mountain road.
Also, if you know how to scroll up you went on and on how the Dodge Challenger does 1/4 "Low 13s or high 12s" and not ONCE mentioned the 12's. I am assuming you did more research and saw that the 2011 SRT8 does a 1/4 quicker time then you pulled out of your a**.
Because of your uninformed post, I totally forgot that the 392 was out as a 2011 model, I thought it was going to be out as a 2012 model, that's why I said low 13's because I was talking about the 2010 6.1 hemi. Read a little and realized that it was already out and also how wrong you were.
So technically speaking... the G37 base model should brake a lot faster with the standard brakes because its lighter just like the 335i right? making the sports brakes pointless??? is that what you're trying to say??? hHahHAHAHAHAHAHA you are a fool.
Technically speaking, you're a clueless fool. Anyone that has been following this can see it. You have no clue what's the difference in between a 60-0 test vs continuous hard braking. I have nothing further to say about this other than you need to go and get a clue.

You kept on saying that the 470 hp challenger is a low 13 sec car and not that fast when it's not true. In fact 112 trap speed is good for high 11's with some slicks or even drag radials, that car sure has traction issues if it's running mid-high 12's at 112. Yes that's very fast, especially for a 4000+ pound boat.

As for an effort to get back on topic, OP you should go for the S, I have a feeling you'll regret it if you don't.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:55 PM
LarryG

Not capitalizing Motortrend is nowhere near as bad as not knowing the difference in between then/than, worse/worst. I mentioned it just for the hell of it, it simply sounds retarded when people don't know simple grammar.

I know that silly, it's just that I have never seen anyone point that out when discussing which bumper looks better. "the S bumper has 3 fake vents vs the journey having two" wtf is the point? IMO the S bumper looks better. Some think the non S looks better.

Of course you still don't get it. On regular daily driving you won't feel much of a difference in between the S and non S brakes. The difference is evident during continuous hard braking. The non S brakes will start to fade while the S brakes will still perform strong. Doesn't have to be at a racetrack, this should be evident on a spirited drive through a canyon or mountain road.

Because of your uninformed post, I totally forgot that the 392 was out as a 2011 model, I thought it was going to be out as a 2012 model, that's why I said low 13's because I was talking about the 2010 6.1 hemi. Read a little and realized that it was already out and also how wrong you were.

Technically speaking, you're a clueless fool. Anyone that has been following this can see it. You have no clue what's the difference in between a 60-0 test vs continuous hard braking. I have nothing further to say about this other than you need to go and get a clue.

You kept on saying that the 470 hp challenger is a low 13 sec car and not that fast when it's not true. In fact 112 trap speed is good for high 11's with some slicks or even drag radials, that car sure has traction issues if it's running mid-high 12's at 112. Yes that's very fast, especially for a 4000+ pound boat.

As for an effort to get back on topic, OP you should go for the S, I have a feeling you'll regret it if you don't.
Lol omg. You make it seem like the G37S is like the Lambo of the regular G37. Get it through your mind that there is BARELY ANY DIFFERENCE. Maybe .000009 time different. So the 1 inch difference between the Standard brake vs Sports will be 8359435x better then the G37??? lol! Have you even taken your G37S on a mountain?? Hahaha

We own the exact same car, I have knowledge of my own car and know what is capable of. Unless it comes with Brembo brakes I do not know of, It's not that much of a difference from a Journey with 19 inch sport wheels is all I am trying to say. (Keep in mind that anyone can upgrade their brakes for about 1,500$ on their base model that is better then the stock G37s ones making the G37 base perform better then the G37s )

Let me reiterate on what I said earlier... I know the S performs a tad bit better on mountain type roads but it isn't significantly better like you imply. I am also sure that the non-sport is faster in a 1/4 due to weight. I personally like both equally because when the concept G37 came out, i was hoping itll look exactly like that but it doesn't but the concept has the exact same bumper as the journey.

Anyways.. please stop talking about the ugly *** Dodge car. It's slow for what power it distributes.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:22 AM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lol you're now over-simplifying what I said in hopes to hide how clueless you are. Sadly for you, the proof is in this thread. I'm done with you.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:42 PM
LarryG

Lol you're now over-simplifying what I said in hopes to hide how clueless you are. Sadly for you, the proof is in this thread. I'm done with you.
Lol.. okay sir who thinks the G37S is the Lambo version of the base G37.

p.s. I like how you ramble on and on about the brakes like....... they can't be changed... lol...