G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Review FastIntentions CF Catback w/18'' Res. X-Pipe + FI HFC's (w/pics)

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 11:04 PM
Tsugumo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the review. The exhaust is beautiful and the results are impressive. I bet it sounds brutal
Old 06-21-2011, 12:17 AM
esquesk

hey, i really like the set-up. about how much would this typically cost?
Old 06-21-2011, 02:13 AM
Devildog37

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I have relatively the same setup, except I have Berk HFC. No tune yet, but I'll get one soon enough, I'm excited to see what I am able to pull with these bolt ons and a tune...looks promising.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:09 AM
trp244

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Awesome numbers.. looks sick. I just put my FI CBE on a couple weeks ago and agree that it makes you drive it like day one again. This CBE on the G was the only one that I could honestly feel a power difference after install (compaired to all the CBEs I did on my mustangs).
Old 06-21-2011, 11:12 AM
trp244

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Oh ya and thanks a lot.. I wasn't going to do the HFCs but I'm on the phone with Tony now..
Old 06-26-2011, 11:37 AM
FastIntentions
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by borfoo3
Edit: Finally got the car dyno'd in this AZ summer... ambient temp was ~90F.. existing mods before this exhaust install were: Stillen Gen3 CAI + Ground Kit.
And I realize some of the charts are blurry.. but the shop printer was low on ink.. I'll update them once he emails me some better ones.

NET GAINS: +35.6rwhp & ~18rwtq
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First, allow me to introduce the All-Star cast from Fast Intentions:

FI's Carbon Fiber Catback with the newer 18'' Resonated X-pipe design.
Resonated High Flow Cats with J-bent O2 sensor anti fouler to prevent CEL lights.

I'll start off by saying that the build quality and design of this kit are top notch. Everything fits perfectly to stock mounts with no need of cutting/ welding... etc. In short, I can see the effort that FI in design and fitment of this exhaust. Installation was done here in FI's garage in Northridge, CA

Tony (from FI) explained that the newer X-Pipe design allows for less restrictive airflow (a.k.a. more power) whilst giving it a deeper growl.

As for the growl part, all I can say is WOW... All the video research I've done on this system doesn't do it justice! The sound is JUST AMAAZINGG.. Makes me want to drive this car just like when I first bought it
I'm personally a big fan of how the stock G tone sounds, and this exhaust simply amplifies its tone whilst adding a deeper throatier tone to it.

Absolutely no rasp whatsoever no matter how hard you push it!

Although I've only driven it for 6 hours so far, I could confidently say that this exhaust is louder than stock. Nothing that would wake up the neighbors, but you'll definitely feel the car expressing itself much more than it used to. Of course, this was expected from the larger pipes, and boy do I love giving 'em something to talk about

Also, I noticed the slight drone in the 1800-2100rpm range under engine load on low speeds. The same (very) slight drone that was there in stock exhaust, is now magnified a bit.
Again, it wasn't something that bothered me personally, just trying to point out any potential issues for some of you out there.

Highway driving at ~70 to 80mph was very calm, smooth, and completely drone-free. Yet, punching the pedal down here would still draw that smile on your face. Every Single Time

All in all, I'm very happy with this exhaust. I do feel the car wanting to rev more with a newfound sense of freedom from this less-restrictive setup. As much as my butt-dyno likes to say something here, I shall refrain from throwing in any conclusions before I do the dyno pulls once I'm back in AZ.

Base Dyno before exhaust:

A/F ratio for base dyno:

After FI HFC + CBE (blue line) vs base (red line):

A/F ratios FI HFC + CBE (blue line) vs base (red line):

Stock Exhaust setup:

FI Exhaust Fitment:

Stock Cats vs. Resonated HFC's:

Stock vs. X-Pipe with 18'' Resonators:

pic2:

New HFC's in place:

The twin CF mufflers hanging proud under Borfoo3's banner :
Great review!

The car made great numbers and I am pleased to hear that you are enjoying the exhaust.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call me directly...

Thank you, Tony
Old 06-26-2011, 11:46 AM
FastIntentions
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Originally Posted by Xcalibur
Great Review! Every reason I want it! I'll have it soon muhhuuuuaaaa!!!
Originally Posted by POLLO
I am officially jealous of your exhaust and look forwards some sound clips.

Is there drastic weight difference between the CF and non CF exhaust systems from Fast Intentions ? Just curious if anyone knows.
The CF mufflers (pair) are 6 LBS. lighter than our (SS)!

Originally Posted by esquesk
hey, i really like the set-up. about how much would this typically cost?
For all of you and anyone who is interested. Please do not hesitate to call me directly with any questions that you may have, or if you would like to place an order...

Thank you, Tony
Old 06-26-2011, 01:48 PM
Xenolith666

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
So is there an option to have the x-pipe with the CF exhaust? I see pictures of both on the site, but no place to choose which setup. This is my exhaust of choice... once I find/beg/borrow/steal the cash to get it!

Where's the sound clip!
Old 06-26-2011, 01:52 PM
FastIntentions
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Originally Posted by Xenolith666
So is there an option to have the x-pipe with the CF exhaust? I see pictures of both on the site, but no place to choose which setup. This is my exhaust of choice... once I find/beg/borrow/steal the cash to get it!

Where's the sound clip!
You are correct and my apologies for that. My site is still under heavy construction and most pages are not complete. This is why I have the shopping cart turned off.

All of my orders currently go directly though me over the phone. If you have any questions or would like to place an order, please do not hesitate to call me directly.

I will be in the office tomorrow...

Thank you, Tony
Old 06-26-2011, 02:48 PM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts
Nice set up! Need need need to hear it!
Old 06-26-2011, 03:27 PM
advan37

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice write up !! looks great.

Tony Could you PM me with the price on Resonated HFC shipped to Dubai-UAE? thanks.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:19 PM
borfoo3
Registered Member

hey guys, thanks all for the comments, and Tony for this great piece of work

As for the sound clip, i tried one with my phone but the sound melody simply overpowered its tiny mic.. gona try n find a better recording setup with my dslr n I'll post that once I have it!
Old 07-06-2011, 12:03 PM
FastIntentions
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Originally Posted by advan37
Nice write up !! looks great.

Tony Could you PM me with the price on Resonated HFC shipped to Dubai-UAE? thanks.
About a week late, but I am on it...

Thanks, Tony
Old 07-07-2011, 10:38 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Holy Great writeup! ...and this hopefully will help me finally make my decision.

I've been VERY hesistant at getting HFC's. I currently have the SS setup of this exhaust, and absolutely LOVE the sound. There's absolutely ZERO drone, ZERO rasp...its deep and throaty....LOVE IT! ALTHOUGH, i DO want the hp and tq gains of the HFC's, but have been hesitant at getting them because of rumors of rasp and drones.

Do you have any sound clips of the exhaust setup now???

I also want to compliment Tony and his service. GREAT guy to work with and a true man of his word. Great showmanship and great business man. Willing to help with ANY question and concern about any of this parts. HIGHLY recommend!!
Old 07-14-2011, 12:16 PM
advan37

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by FastIntentions
About a week late, but I am on it...

Thanks, Tony

Thank you Tony

Quick Reply: Review FastIntentions CF Catback w/18'' Res. X-Pipe + FI HFC's (w/pics)