Sponsored By:

Infiniti say go F yourself

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 02:07 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Infiniti say go F yourself----Please close----- MODS

So I have a 2011 Coupe 2100 miles wheel has been shaking since day one( Just not bad).. Dropped it out spacers on and now the wheel is unbeariable.. So dropped it at the dealer today and they told me , Nope nothing we can do the springs and spacers are causing the vibration?? Really so dont lower you car casue it will shake?? Do not install spacers casue it will shake??? I asked him if the drove the car with out the spacers onit and where 100% sure it was the spacers( Casue I now its not drove it with out them last week).. He says no we can not cause the car is still lowered. Bring it back stock and we will work on it??? WTF so you tell me there is a issue, an my mods are causing the issue but if i take them off you will fix the car??? Makes no sense..

Last edited by ANMVQ; 05-10-2011 at 08:31 AM.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:11 PM
Art Vandaley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alignment man!! or reballancing the tires... thats all there is..
Old 05-09-2011, 02:18 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Rebalnced them twice,, Will try alingment before I get rotors and pads.. Just funny how they are, Look for any excuse to denine work, Even if they can not back it up.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:21 PM
Neal376

If the spacers are not centered or dont have a hub centric ring, they will cause a vibration. Bent wheels can cause this too.

if the vibration is only when you are braking, then your rotors maybe warped
Old 05-09-2011, 02:21 PM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Why didn't you have the shake issue resolved before adding mods to the car? You probably could have had that issue taken care of under warranty at that point. It was on you to make sure that was taken care of before modding the car.

As mentioned, did you have an alignment or tire balance done?
Old 05-09-2011, 02:28 PM
csnpsu

I agree with the dealer, if your car has mods how do they know it is actually the car's issues. I dont blame them at all, think about what you would say if you were the dealer. You should put your car back to stock or try to fix it yourself.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:28 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

I did reblance the tires twice , The only thing I have not done was the alingment. Why did I not have it addressed before. Becasue is was very faint. I it did not even bother me at all. The spacers are Ichiba's VER 2 and are hub centric. I dropped it and did the spacers the same day and now I can not even drive the car with out getting PO'd casue it shakes so bad.. An if there was an issue cause of my mods then why say: Return it back to stock and bring back and them we will work on it"?? NOW that's just dumb..
Old 05-09-2011, 02:29 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by csnpsu
I agree with the dealer, if your car has mods how do they know it is actually the car's issues. I dont blame them at all, think about what you would say if you were the dealer. You should put your car back to stock or try to fix it yourself.
Nice sarcasum.. -
Old 05-09-2011, 02:29 PM
csnpsu

Originally Posted by ANMVQ
I did reblance the tires twice , The only thing I have not done was the alingment. Why did I not have it addressed before. Becasue is was very faint. I it did not even bother me at all. The spacers are Ichiba's VER 2 and are hub centric. I dropped it and did the spacers the same day and now I can not even drive the car with out getting PO'd casue it shakes so bad.. An if there was an issue cause of my mods then why say: Return it back to stock and bring back and them we will work on it"?? NOW that's just dumb..
its really not dumb, why would they want to fix something you may have caused.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:30 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
sorry for your troubles man. We all know that spacers tend to cause vibration and sometimes, a drop.

With that said, you SHOULD've put the car back to stock before having them check on it.

Thats like the rule of thumb when something goes wrong after putting a mod.... put it back to stock and see if that was really causing the problem.

Good luck.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:33 PM
csnpsu

Originally Posted by ANMVQ
Nice sarcasum.. -
Its not sarcasum, i really belive that. Why should the dealer have to fix something he may have caused. They still will fix it, just need to return it to stock.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:34 PM
Stamcos

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Had the same exact problem. 2011 coupe S. BC coilovers, and spacers. Spacers were the problem. Had tires balanced, aligned, etc... Independent tuner took off the spacers, and ride was perfect. They are hub centric. I love the look of spacers, but could not deal with the vibration. WIll be interested to hear if there is a solution I did not try.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:35 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I hate my spacers. They vibrate like hell
Old 05-09-2011, 02:38 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by csnpsu
Its not sarcasum, i really belive that. Why should the dealer have to fix something he may have caused. They still will fix it, just need to return it to stock.
So when you start shaking, Cause you have the same springs is me what are you going to to do, remove them and take it to the dealer?? Just curious because for 20 years I have been dropping and modding cars I have never once I had vibration isssue with a dropped car.. Even when dropping 2+ inches. ( Old Eclipse).
Old 05-09-2011, 02:40 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

car shock be for the drop and spacers just not as bad..

Quick Reply: Infiniti say go F yourself