Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Infiniti say go F yourself

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 04:45 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
I know it sux and proably should have have the rotors cut or replaced before hand, But id there is a TSB for it why not just cut them and let me know if it doesnt fix it I would have to return it to stock and then Diaq the car?
Old 05-09-2011, 05:12 PM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
^ Even if you have slightly warped rotors, that necessarily doesn't mean you will vibrate when cruising though..

I mean, if you say you've had 10+ years experience modding cars, why are you acting like you don't know anything?
Old 05-09-2011, 07:23 PM
Vasher

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnnysG
I mean, if you say you've had 10+ years experience modding cars, why are you acting like you don't know anything?
^This. Also, you said you were going to have your mom handle it.!?

Finally- NO, the dealer has no clue where you got the parts or who installed it. So, saying "there's no way the drop caused this" is a fallacy.

How about this; drop an LS enginge in, blow it it up, take the car to dealer "X" and argue that there is no way that the engine swap was an issue.

If the tips n' tricks offered don't work you're going to have to go back to stock to resolve it. Beside, you shouldn't build a house before making sure you have a sound foundation.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:48 PM
mikelr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
So when you start shaking, Cause you have the same springs is me what are you going to to do, remove them and take it to the dealer?? Just curious because for 20 years I have been dropping and modding cars I have never once I had vibration isssue with a dropped car.. Even when dropping 2+ inches. ( Old Eclipse).
Is that on here??

So do not do a alingment either? Was going to have my mom swing by the alingment place at 4pm.
Dude...are you 40 living at home with your mother???

I was a service manager for 10 years saw all kinds of modded cars and would only denie the work if I knew 100% it was the issue. We all know that the drop will not cause the car to shake.
You said yourself that the vibration was very subtle until you put on the spacers and the drop..and by your own admission the drop would not cause the problem. So you've answered your own question about where the vibration is coming from... yet your pissed that your local Infiniti dealer won't fix the problem that you inflicted on your ride!?!?
Old 05-09-2011, 11:28 PM
esquesk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mikelr
Dude...are you 40 living at home with your mother???

You said yourself that the vibration was very subtle until you put on the spacers and the drop..and by your own admission the drop would not cause the problem. So you've answered your own question about where the vibration is coming from... yet your pissed that your local Infiniti dealer won't fix the problem that you inflicted on your ride!?!?
^this

People like the OP make me lose faith in humanity.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:35 AM
G35sportsedan

Let me buy something from you, mess with it and then tell you to fix it. Sounds silly right?? Well that's what you're doing...
Old 05-10-2011, 04:20 AM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
I must say though that the dealership is right on their part, you say that you knew of this issue prior to installing your suspension mods, you should have got it checked out before adding all your mods..
Old 05-10-2011, 08:25 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Funny guys think that if you mom helps you out,Then you must live at home???? Funny I work 2 jobs 60+ hours and have a 500k+ house, So from time to time, Yes me mother helps her son out.. So I suppose no one on here has a family member. Mom ,Dad help them once in a while??? Guess not.

An act like I don't know anything?? I Do know that the drop is not the issue, I took the spacers off and car still shakes= Rotors, Dealer is partly right, But still why not cut the rotors and say "If doesn't fix it then go back to stock so we can further diaq the car", The know there is a rotor issue they know there is a issue with the rear U joint( I think).. I never said I wanted them to diaq out the whole car, But to not offer a solution other than the remove everything so they can cut or replace the rotors is ????

An the comment about losing faith in humanity, You know what you can do with that statement,, Can park it you know where..

Now not to get of topic, But thank you to the guys that actually helped in this thread, ,At least some people where adult about this.

Mods can close this before We go way off topic. thanx again to the guys who had useful info.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:55 AM
csnpsu

I was a service manager for 10 years saw all kinds of modded cars and would only denie the work if I knew 100% it was the issue. We all know that the drop will not cause the car to shake.

They must have been running quite the operation at that dealership, lol