Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2011 G37xS first impressions and a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 04:21 AM
YetiTL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lier200a
Hey, If you don't mind me asking, where in Canada you living? It nice to see Canadians in forums since we have such a harder time (mostly pricier) to buy mods for the G. I live in Regina btw.

ps- I was stuck between the TL and the G as well but the infiniti dealership gave me a ridiculous price for the G vert and the threw in Winter tires and rims. Honestly, I am super happy with the G and don't regret not taking the TL at all. Service guys are great too. and I love having a loaner everytime I get my G serviced!! SOOO convenient!
I'm in Ottawa right now and I plan to do business with Tony Graham Infiniti.

I have 2 test drives at an Audi dealership for and S4 and S5, we will see what the german engeeniring is all about!

So far the plan is to go with RB front and rear 2 pieces rotors with ET300 pads and SS lines to lighten up and firm up the brakes. Then wheels and my choice of exhaust would ne the exoticspeed is I ever want to change the stock one. I must say its my favorite sounding exhaust for the G. For a high revver like the G I would go more for a high pitch exhaust instead of a bariton like one that recalls V8 muscle car, but that all IMHO!
Old 05-10-2011, 08:50 PM
YetiTL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This will be long but it's my report from my testdrives at Audi.

Well I'm back from my test drives of a loaded S4 and a loaded S5 and I must say I'm not really hesitant. I love the immediacy of the power in the S4 and the V8 rumble of the S5 but both were...empty. It is a strange feeling to express but I drove both cars up to almost 100 mph and quietly during city runs. Both suffer from subdued engine sounds and exhaust notes (well what was perceived in the cabin. Both suspension are harsh during the dynamic mode of the Audi drive select so its either a harsh ride and okay steering or a numb steering with a more confortable ride. The G had a more confy ride (due to 45 profile tires insted of 35 and a better steering feel by a wide margin. Braking was good though, as good as the Acura.

Howerver the room and the fit and finish is second to none. So far on the interiors it is:
Audi
Acura
Infiniti
BMW.

I must say I enjoyed the G more then...there was the price...a loaded S5 is almost double what the Infiniti dealer was asking for the G (same lease terms of course). So for the time being, I have 4 choices:

1) Keep the 2009 TL and wait til the redesign of the G coupe in 2012-2013. That would make more sense economically. I could finish my body kit and the exhaust to improve performance and style. But it's no coupe and I will long for a coupe anyday...
2) Wait and buy a 2012 TL 6AT loaded and have fun with a very well rounded sedan
3) Wait and buy a 2012 TL 6MT and have fun shifting gears and enjoy a real sport sedan, I could buy it from my old dealership so they would agree to mod it as I like it but it's far away (3hours)
4) Lease/buy a G37xS coupe, try another brand and mod the car to my liking: brakes, sway bar, wheels and exhaust. Il will be several thousands cheaper than the S5, the interior isn't as nice and it is more cramped up front. But the car has a soul: slightly unpolished but always willing to go, better feedback and good combination of drivetrain, tranny and I can reinforce all the weaker points of the G. With some work, it will be a real sport car with some amenities and it is ok, I'm not looking for a super couch mobile.

And finally there was the dealer experience. I want to go back to the Infiniti dealer to talk with the mecanics and people while I don't want to go back to Audi and they won't give me a loaner when I need one.

So it seems I'll become a member of the G family. I'm eager to start the modding...