Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Parking lot happy endings

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 12:19 AM
RJ1AZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Parking lot happy endings

No, not THAT kind of Happy Ending. I just read a similar thread, where the poor G owner suffered a ruined front bumper, courtesy of a parking lot idiot with their head up their posterior.

It reminded me of an incident I had recently, although I had a much better outcome. (thank God!)

A couple weeks ago, the girlfriend and I head out in the G to see a movie. We pull into the parking lot, which is half empty, and I proceed to find a spot out in the boon docks, with a curb on the driver's side so no one can park there. She's wondering why I park away from everybody, so I explain I'm trying to minimize any potential for door dings to my G, and I'm pretty sure the lot will fill up while were in the movie. Even so, I tell her ..."Just watch. There'll be some A -hole parked right next to me when we come out."

So, we go watch our movie and when we come out, guess what? Some A-hole has parked his Jeep Patriot right next to my passenger door. And I mean RIGHT next to it. I can't even open the door wide enough to let my girlfriend get in. I have to back out first. HOW THE HELL DID THIS GUY GET OUT OF HIS CAR! I'm absolutely furious and fuming as I pull out, then go check my door to find the door ding. I'm thinking "do I key this idiot's car, or let all the air out of his tires?" But after carefull examination of my passenger door, there's not one mark on it. It was kind of a letdown, because I was all worked up to go Pulp Fiction on this person's car. Lol.

As we drive away, my girlfriend is marveling at how I knew it would happen, and I'm marveling at my good fortune. So, the story has a happy ending.

Any other happy ending stories out there?
Old 04-28-2011, 12:41 AM
dal1307

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RJ1AZ
No, not THAT kind of Happy Ending. I just read a similar thread, where the poor G owner suffered a ruined front bumper, courtesy of a parking lot idiot with their head up their posterior.

It reminded me of an incident I had recently, although I had a much better outcome. (thank God!)

A couple weeks ago, the girlfriend and I head out in the G to see a movie. We pull into the parking lot, which is half empty, and I proceed to find a spot out in the boon docks, with a curb on the driver's side so no one can park there. She's wondering why I park away from everybody, so I explain I'm trying to minimize any potential for door dings to my G, and I'm pretty sure the lot will fill up while were in the movie. Even so, I tell her ..."Just watch. There'll be some A -hole parked right next to me when we come out."

So, we go watch our movie and when we come out, guess what? Some A-hole has parked his Jeep Patriot right next to my passenger door. And I mean RIGHT next to it. I can't even open the door wide enough to let my girlfriend get in. I have to back out first. HOW THE HELL DID THIS GUY GET OUT OF HIS CAR! I'm absolutely furious and fuming as I pull out, then go check my door to find the door ding. I'm thinking "do I key this idiot's car, or let all the air out of his tires?" But after carefull examination of my passenger door, there's not one mark on it. It was kind of a letdown, because I was all worked up to go Pulp Fiction on this person's car. Lol.

As we drive away, my girlfriend is marveling at how I knew it would happen, and I'm marveling at my good fortune. So, the story has a happy ending.

Any other happy ending stories out there?
I think he was just yanking your chain. Parked really close, climed over to his passenger side to get out and felt really proud of himself for causing you grief. Some Jack Azzez just don't understand people who really care about their cars.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:42 AM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
That is a happy ending.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:48 AM
TmBtc12

You're lucky...I just got my G last week and already got a door ding the first weekend that I owned it. Some people just don't care about other people's cars. From now on, I'll be looking for the end spots also.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:49 AM
MyocyteX

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Man, story of m life. It's like groundhog day. "why are you parking all the way out here?" "Cause baby, you know I am ****, I can't have jack offs dinging up my doors."

You inspired me to ask the forum about a recent ding I got and what they would do. See new posts in a few.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:58 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
regardless of the door ding if someone decided to go out of there way to park next to me, i go out of my way to make sure they no i dont like it....I hate people doing that isht
Old 04-28-2011, 01:08 AM
SlateBlueG37x

New (Dec30) Gx loaded, and this is the first car I've EVER intentionally parked in the boondocks. And not only do I take the end spaces where another car can't park next to me (like you, TmBtc12), I also make sure I'm centered over the lines so nobody gets close to EITHER door. I figure, the walk does me good, and people can hoot at my parking job all they want and call me an A**hole, I don't care....I'm long gone.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:23 AM
1BadAssG

One time me and my girl decided to do it in the parking lot. Well, let's say it didnt work out as planned b/c when we were in the middle of our thingy, and Ahole decides to park right besides me and slam his door as fast as he could. Made my eyes water as soon as I heard my car getting that nasty door dint.
Since this is a happy ending thread, I like to tell you all what I did to his car. I a big piece of gum and put it on his door handle with a note of how an idiot he is for his carelessness. At the end my girl runs out and kicks his car which left a shoe print on his car.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:56 AM
qwerty0092
Registered Member

^^^hahahahahha
Old 04-28-2011, 03:12 PM
Gobbler Man

End spots are the best. One little trick is to park at a slight angle. With your bumper closer to the empty spot next to you. This will cause the person parking next to you to have to pull in farther away from your car. Giving you a little extra protection.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:37 PM
RiSkR

Originally Posted by Gobbler Man
End spots are the best. One little trick is to park at a slight angle. With your bumper closer to the empty spot next to you. This will cause the person parking next to you to have to pull in farther away from your car. Giving you a little extra protection.

^ Good point
Old 04-28-2011, 04:10 PM
MurderedG37s

Originally Posted by RiSkR
^ Good point
Yeah but sometimes *******s still park next to you. AND to top it off, people are *******s anyways and do it purposely because they don't have sexy cars and think you are **** for doing it...I have had EMPTY parking lots, exiting the building I find some **** in 97 accord parked right next to my ****...AND one time I even saw 2 TRUCKS do the same thing to a S5..so much that he couldn't get into the car what-so-ever..unless he like climbed through the trunk or some ****...I would go wild
Old 04-28-2011, 04:47 PM
fluxemag

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
That's great that you didn't get dinged. I can't stand to think of getting one. My last car I made it 6 years with 1 ding, and I was in the car when it happened (and basically screamed at the guy because he just acted like no big deal and the car was 1 month old).

I try to park so that the car next to me, when they open their door if it hit anything it would be my mirror. This takes some imagination to guess where the open door would land. I also park next to island medians whenever possible, with the median on my passenger side. That way the car that parks to my driver's side won't be opening any doors by my car unless they have a passenger. If that makes any sense...

So my parking lot happy ending story was last Saturday. I went to the store to pick up some ish, and tried to park it super close to the median as described above. I get out and see I'm left maybe a quarter of an inch to getting two full wheels of curb rash. To my relief...no curb rash!
Old 04-28-2011, 07:08 PM
esquesk

i always park as far away as i can - next to other nice cars.

i figure they're probably more likly to empathize
Old 04-28-2011, 07:13 PM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
lol that is pretty funny...but im the same way even at work..some people just dont care.

Quick Reply: Parking lot happy endings