Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Parking lot happy endings

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 07:18 PM
RJ1AZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fluxemag
So my parking lot happy ending story was last Saturday. I went to the store to pick up some ish, and tried to park it super close to the median as described above. I get out and see I'm left maybe a quarter of an inch to getting two full wheels of curb rash. To my relief...no curb rash!
Lol. I know the feeling. Sometimes it's a relief to hop in my 4X4 and drive over a few curbs without worrying.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:34 PM
htran16

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I do the same things all of you guys have mentioned. Learned my lesson after parking my G with no cars on my sides at the market and to come out with door dings on BOTH sides. one side even had paint left from the other person's car. after $150, I now get alittle extra exercise when I drive my G.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:46 PM
Vasher

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nothing in recent history, but my 2 personal favs;

I was sitting in my car (~10 years ago) and this couple in a beater park next to me. The woman (passenger) throws her door open into mine. I was right there, but the real shocker is that after hearing the loud clunk of her door against mine she wasn't worried about checking to see what she'd done, just left her door "inside" of mine. I angrily asked her to be more careful. When she came back to her car she did it again. I went off on her and her husband, but they obviously didn't have a dime (or insurance), so I took it out of their a55e5.

(Highschool) I'd just bought a '94 Chevy Ext cab, dropped on BellTech w/ c-notch, boyds, fully shaved with "bow tie" brake light in the tailgate. Sweet truck, loved it. I came out of the post office and my brother says one word, "f". Big dent with yellow paint (truck was blue). Yellow car next to me with blue paint on the edge of his door. Without saying a word, we both went to town on this car. Kicking in doors, axe kicking hood/trunk, etc. I waited nearly an hour for the owner, but *he* (the car and the stuff inside led me to believe) never came out.

That reminds me of another. Same truck, right after getting the door fixed. Went to get burritos (El Indio, Roscoe near Balboa), parked in space alongside building, brother stayed with truck. As soon as I start ordering I here a loud "bang". I ran outside to see some rusted p.o.s. pulling away from my truck. The parking lot was so small it would have taken me forever to get the truck out, so my bro and I ran after him (I was hoping he'd hit a pole, he had obviously just left the bar). Monster f'ing dent. Fk'n people.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:48 AM
tWistedMissiOn
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RJ1AZ
No, not THAT kind of Happy Ending. I just read a similar thread, where the poor G owner suffered a ruined front bumper, courtesy of a parking lot idiot with their head up their posterior.

It reminded me of an incident I had recently, although I had a much better outcome. (thank God!)

A couple weeks ago, the girlfriend and I head out in the G to see a movie. We pull into the parking lot, which is half empty, and I proceed to find a spot out in the boon docks, with a curb on the driver's side so no one can park there. She's wondering why I park away from everybody, so I explain I'm trying to minimize any potential for door dings to my G, and I'm pretty sure the lot will fill up while were in the movie. Even so, I tell her ..."Just watch. There'll be some A -hole parked right next to me when we come out."

So, we go watch our movie and when we come out, guess what? Some A-hole has parked his Jeep Patriot right next to my passenger door. And I mean RIGHT next to it. I can't even open the door wide enough to let my girlfriend get in. I have to back out first. HOW THE HELL DID THIS GUY GET OUT OF HIS CAR! I'm absolutely furious and fuming as I pull out, then go check my door to find the door ding. I'm thinking "do I key this idiot's car, or let all the air out of his tires?" But after carefull examination of my passenger door, there's not one mark on it. It was kind of a letdown, because I was all worked up to go Pulp Fiction on this person's car. Lol.

As we drive away, my girlfriend is marveling at how I knew it would happen, and I'm marveling at my good fortune. So, the story has a happy ending.

Any other happy ending stories out there?
Yes its That kinda happy ending
Old 04-30-2011, 07:16 PM
SlateBlueG37x

I'm enjoying reading all these posts! And I think we are all **** and for good reason: we have nice cars. Nearly 5 months from taking delivery, I leave her in the parking space and catch myself looking back, saying "God, I can't believe that ride is MINE!"

And still being super careful where I park. I probably wouldn't be so much if it wasn't for you guys right here!
Old 04-30-2011, 08:29 PM
kkokko
Registered Member

door dings might suck, but when you go out of your way to park further away from the entrance, sometimes late at night it makes it much easier for attempted break-ins that cause more then just a door ding =( i learned this the hard way...
Old 04-30-2011, 08:48 PM
ADZ

Your topic could very well be the title for a new film from Vivid!!!