Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Bmw to g37s

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 05:19 PM
koa789

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by htwnlovaboy
i had a '07 335i for 2 yrs. and i put 46k miles with no problems. i've had the G37s for close to 3 yrs and put 42k miles with many many problems such as: brakes, dashboard, speakers, seat bubbling, exhaust, speedometer stuck, fuel gauge not working, window leaking.
52k miles here and I've had the brakes done 3x, dash done twice, hood struts replaced, exhaust rattle fixed, clutch and other related parts replaced once, transmission replaced once (and now having same issue again), cruise control went out 5 separate times, trim peeling off on passenger side ac vents....the car has had issue after issue...I thought I was alone lol
Old 04-22-2011, 05:36 PM
htwnlovaboy

i gave up on brakes already. its been replaced 2 times already. its embarrassing coming to a stop light with squeaky brakes.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:58 PM
Ken
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I would say in terms of reliability from my experience, Nissans in general seem pretty average--better than most domestics and slightly better than Euro brands like BMW and better than the VW group for sure. The most reliable cars are still Honda, Toyota, or Subaru to me.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:10 PM
CsG

Congrats on the pick up. I have a liquid platinum coupe w/ 20% all around 3M color stable. Check out my post, I have a few pics.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:01 PM
chenmin7

great choice, love my 37S
Old 04-23-2011, 04:03 AM
tWistedMissiOn
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice.. i have had my car for a year, but have yet to have any problems with my car. everything is running great.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:18 AM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
i gave up on brakes already. its been replaced 2 times already. its embarrassing coming to a stop light with squeaky brakes.
First, welcome to the new guy.

And i'm having this problem. eek! dealer took a look, I don't need to change brake pads yet, but still it does sound embarrassing LOL at very slow braking.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:38 AM
htwnlovaboy

Originally Posted by cereal2k
First, welcome to the new guy.

And i'm having this problem. eek! dealer took a look, I don't need to change brake pads yet, but still it does sound embarrassing LOL at very slow braking.

then the dealer tells you they are gonna replace the rotors due to tsb and everything is fine for about 1k miles. Then you go back again and they resurface your rotors or change brake pads under tsb and then your fine again for about another 1k miles. This car will always have squeaky brakes no mater what. i will never buy another infiniti again. The G37 is only good parked.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:28 PM
navecm
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by koa789
52k miles here and I've had the brakes done 3x, dash done twice, hood struts replaced, exhaust rattle fixed, clutch and other related parts replaced once, transmission replaced once (and now having same issue again), cruise control went out 5 separate times, trim peeling off on passenger side ac vents....the car has had issue after issue...I thought I was alone lol
52K miles, and brakes done 3x, as well as clutch and transmission? Either you got yourself a Friday car coupled with an incompetent mechanic, or you are very hard on components that should not be replaced in that time frame. I'm leaning towards your driving style.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:03 PM
Boomer-Bob
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Mikey0013
Whats up guys, first post here and first Infiniti ive ever owned, long story short i switched from a 08 328i to a 2011 g37 Coupe with SPT/NAV/PRM/IDK, I have a couple of quick question, dose the car get faster over time, im going to get my windows tinted tomm and would like advice on how dark i should get them (the cars Grey), will post pics tomm.

THANK YOU
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new car. I've enjoyed this forum and I think you will too. (I was a member of BMW CCA for over 10 years and the guy's here have made me feel right at home.)

My butt dyno tells me the G37 is quicker after 5-10K IMHO. However, I've noticed that with most every car I've owned, so I don't think the G is much different.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:51 PM
yogregb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by navecm
52K miles, and brakes done 3x, as well as clutch and transmission? Either you got yourself a Friday car coupled with an incompetent mechanic, or you are very hard on components that should not be replaced in that time frame. I'm leaning towards your driving style.

Plus one on that!
Old 04-23-2011, 03:08 PM
Boomer-Bob
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
^+2 Not typical of Infiniti. I have owned cars that were warranty queens, but, not any Nissan / Infiniti that I've owned. Consumer Reports and JD Powers keep fairly good records IMHO.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:42 AM
grog

Was driving a 330i with sport package. Never looked back. G is better all across. 330i was underpowered, suspension way too stiff and i'm on Eibach!!
Noise insulation is better in the G. On a more subjective note the G really has that wow look that the beemer didnt. I mean it was good looking but not jaw dropping. The G does. As far as reliability i didnt have/had problems with neither and i dont understand the bmw bashing with electrical problems. This is the first place i've heard about this. I know Audi had some issues a while ago and i've heard that most issues are taken care of. Enjoying the G doesnt have to be a bashing contest with other manufacturers.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:45 PM
gopi295

Originally Posted by koa789
<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 3119098" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1>I have a 2009 G37x and had the same problem my cruise control cutting off a number of times. This is dangerous problem, I have not called my dealers yet but did they give you a solution for a fix. </TD></TR><TR><TD class=thead colSpan=2>Today 05:42 AM</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Old 04-25-2011, 08:21 AM
Art Vandaley

i had a '07 335i for 2 yrs. and i put 46k miles with no problems. i've had the G37s for close to 3 yrs and put 42k miles with many many problems such as: brakes, dashboard, speakers, seat bubbling, exhaust, speedometer stuck, fuel gauge not working, window leaking.
bad karma bro.. and it sounds like you had on 08

the majority of new infiniti owners I know come from BMW... the car has a strong brand and I give them that, but they are no MB.. and def no nissan... its been a long known fact that german cars will break, not all, not all the time... but I have seen a couple of horror stories myself.. where things go wrong from the start and just dont get better with time...

Quick Reply: Bmw to g37s