Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Time to say goodbye to my G37 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 08:28 AM
Falcons023

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MSCA
I got it for invoice price because my neighbor hooked me up. Otherwise, I would have paid much more than I did. So for that, I'm thankful.

As for the A5 being everywhere, I don't even see how that is possible. They just don't make or sell a lot of them. I hardly ever see them on the street. I'd bet Nissan sells at least three G37 coupes for every A5 sold by Audi. Not that it matters though, but I do think the A5 is a much more rare car...
It's very common in Atlanta. We have at least a dozen in our office parking lot. but congrats on A5...beautiful car
Old 06-22-2011, 12:47 PM
koa789

Originally Posted by Breitling65
Or even more powerful??? Enjoy your car but unfortunately to you car with engine from Golf can't be anyhow better tha G.
Depends on YOUR definition of better.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:10 PM
superleggera

congratz bro
enjoy your new ride
Old 06-22-2011, 01:47 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chairman25
I have been reading all of the negative comments and back and forth, it makes for an unfriendly environment. If he is happy with the car, it is his money and he should spend it any way he wants. My opinion is that it is a better made car than the G (I have owned several Audis and Infinitis) has much more trunk room, the Quattro is second to none.

I ordered an S5 when they first came out, I could not wait 8 months since my lease was expiring on my current car. I went to Infiniti and bought a G35 XS. At first, I was extremely disappointed, the car handled like a turd. Come to find out that the entire front suspension and all of the shocks had to be replaced, they were prematurely worn. The car was 1000% better after it had a good supension installed (under warranty), but I digress.

My biggest problem with Audi (I looked at the current S4 before leasing my G37XS) is their leasing programs stink. With residuals at 44% as opposed to Infiniti at 64% the money factors are similar, and the S4 pricing was at invoice. Still, I refuse to pay $250 more per month (I lease for business reasons) for a car that comes in at a difference of about $2,000. I could have gotten the A5 for less, but that is not what I was looking for.

Cars are very personal, what one person likes and wants may be totally different from anyone else. If you look on the road most people do not care about their cars, they are appliances (like a toaster) to them. We are enthusiasts, we care about what we drive and the like dynamics, we are more passionate about our cars than most people. Our cars are cleaner, and nicer than 90% of the cars on the road so lets celebrate the differing opinions and stop the name calling.

MSCA, good luck with your purchase, I look forward to seeing pictures either here or on Audiworld.
I agree, I don't see what the complaint is? If he's happy with it let him go with it. Just cuz it's a forum doesn't mean we each need to share our opinions...
Old 06-22-2011, 02:00 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
So now that most of the morons are gone, in all honesty how are you liking it? Still smooth engagement with the clutch? Mileage as estimated? I realize that once the engine breaks it in will improve some, I've seen a couple around here in MN and they look pretty good.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:58 AM
MSCA
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Alpha Ice
So now that most of the morons are gone, in all honesty how are you liking it? Still smooth engagement with the clutch? Mileage as estimated? I realize that once the engine breaks it in will improve some, I've seen a couple around here in MN and they look pretty good.
So far it has been great. The clutch pedal is very smooth and it grabs lower than the clutch in the G, which was a gripe of mine since day one with the G.

I haven't actually checked the gas mileage yet, so I can't say anything about real world fuel economy. The turbo boosts up very fast off of idle, so it's actually difficult to drive the car without getting into boost. Still though, it should get decent fuel economy if the EPA numbers are accurate. I've never in my life owned a car that was rated 30+ MPG on the highway.

I've had tons of compliments on the car so far. Everyone from neighbors to gas station attendants. The funniest thing I heard so far was from my mother when she first saw the car. She told me that it looked just like my "old" car (meaning the G37 coupe). I guess some moms just see a sporty looking coupe and think they all look the same...
Old 06-23-2011, 09:53 PM
bobmcc

Speaking from experience, having owned 2 Audi's and a G35 previously (I currently have a G37), be prepared to spend a lot of time at the Audi dealership for repairs--especially electrical problems. Make sure you have a good extended warranty if you intend to keep the car long term. I have also owned a Mercedes that was not very reliable. I have not been impressed with the so-called "high engineering quality" of German cars.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:26 PM
ONEighty
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Got pics? Plan on doing any mods? My friends 11 A4 2.0T is fun to drive, boosts up VERY quickly, and its insane how much you feel the pull as soon as the turbos spool up, eventually though... after switching back and forth between his car and my B8 S4, I can't stand the weak feel of the 4cyl. cars.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:07 AM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 180Custom
Got pics? Plan on doing any mods? My friends 11 A4 2.0T is fun to drive, boosts up VERY quickly, and its insane how much you feel the pull as soon as the turbos spool up, eventually though... after switching back and forth between his car and my B8 S4, I can't stand the weak feel of the 4cyl. cars.
Drove a 09 gti a few weeks ago and it was nothing special. The turbo spools up quick and it gives you a nice torque rush at around 2500 rpm's but not much else happens after that. After 4500 it feels like it's pointless to keep revving. I can't imagine how much weaker it must feel on the heavier A5. OP is currently in his new car high so of course he will be biased towards his new car. I just find it lame that a car that looks as bad *** as the A5 comes with such a relatively weak engine. I'd be modding that thing ASAP!
Old 06-24-2011, 08:08 AM
MSCA
Banned

Not planning on modding it because I like it just as is....it's plenty fast for me and looks fantastic in stock form. Of course I got the Sport package, so it already has the 19" wheels and lower suspension.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:12 AM
MSCA
Banned

Originally Posted by 1NEETO
Drove a 09 gti a few weeks ago and it was nothing special. The turbo spools up quick and it gives you a nice torque rush at around 2500 rpm's but not much else happens after that. After 4500 it feels like it's pointless to keep revving. I can't imagine how much weaker it must feel on the heavier A5. OP is currently in his new car high so of course he will be biased towards his new car. I just find it lame that a car that looks as bad *** as the A5 comes with such a relatively weak engine. I'd be modding that thing ASAP!
Um...you do realize that the engine in the A5 makes a lot more torque (and at a lower RPM) than the engine in the GTI, right?

It's a completely different driving experience.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:36 AM
G35sportsedan

My girlfriend is looking to get an A5 but it won't be for a few months, a 3 month review would be great keep us updated down the line
Old 06-24-2011, 11:07 AM
aria_blackG

atleast you're not getting a bimmer haha. audi's are sick man, ESPECIALLY the A5 and S5
Old 06-29-2011, 09:59 PM
MSCA
Banned

Got pics?
Here are a few taken right after I got the car tinted. Car is completely stock.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:01 AM
koa789

^That is a nice car man, beautiful ride. Needs nothing. I also agree on leaving it stock.

Quick Reply: Time to say goodbye to my G37 coupe