G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

TRADED IN THE 08 g37 COUPE!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 09:45 PM
yogregb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Gotta agree, I shopped the A5 as well, even had one on order when they first came out, it was 53k before tax and that got you less performance and features... got my fully loaded G for 37k.... The A5 was just a plain rip off in comparison not even mentioning the reliability factor... Is the German prestige factor worth 16k more?? Not even a little bit.....
Old 04-14-2011, 10:04 PM
koa789

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Breitling65
Why car with engine from Passat/Golf could be called as step up by someone?
How can someone base the sole quality of a car based on an engine? And that 2.0t has won engine of the year multiple times, just as the VQ has, except the EA888 has a lot less NVH than the VQ, which is what people look for in a luxury car.And the A5 is a nice car. I recently took one on a 500 mile road trip and it was pretty good. It was also more comfortable than my G37, got better gas mileage, had a better driving position, my passenger was more comfortable, it had more room for luggage, and the interior was a lot nicer with nicer leather and more soft touch materials all over the place. Plus the MMI interface is a lot more intuitive than Infiniti's Music Box system and Navigation. The steering felt more linear than in my G37 and the brakes felt a bit more progressive as well, but i did not really get a chance to take it for a spirited drive or take it to a track. In a 1/4 mile drag race? G37 all the way. Long distance tourer, A5. Every day driver? A5 once again takes the cake. It might only have 210hp, but that 8 speed dual clutch transmission paired with that engine is an amazing combination.

And Passats and Golfs are pretty nice car.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:25 PM
tfongg37

Originally Posted by 1NEETO
Lol gas goes up a few cents and people run to the dealerships to trade their cars. Nice downgrade, but at least the 2.0t is very mod friendly.
I didn't trade it in because of gas prices, I really just wanted a new car, and loved the a5 looks, I don't drive fast/hard and I figured since I'm getting a new car why not get a more efficient one. But this purchase was based upon my love for Audi's and their current styling.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:29 PM
tfongg37

Originally Posted by koa789
That's an awesome car man. Definitely a step up. That 2.0 may be down on power, but it sure doesn't feel like it when you're driving around town. What options did you get on the A5? I see you got the Prestige (LED headlights), did you get NAV as well? Post up some more pics damn it lol
I got Navi too, its fully loaded, the torque is over 240+ so it still move. It's actually the premium plus model with Leds day lights, bigger rims, bluetooth etc.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:33 PM
tfongg37

How can someone base the sole quality of a car based on an engine? And that 2.0t has won engine of the year multiple times, just as the VQ has, except the EA888 has a lot less NVH than the VQ, which is what people look for in a luxury car.And the A5 is a nice car. I recently took one on a 500 mile road trip and it was pretty good. It was also more comfortable than my G37, got better gas mileage, had a better driving position, my passenger was more comfortable, it had more room for luggage, and the interior was a lot nicer with nicer leather and more soft touch materials all over the place. Plus the MMI interface is a lot more intuitive than Infiniti's Music Box system and Navigation. The steering felt more linear than in my G37 and the brakes felt a bit more progressive as well, but i did not really get a chance to take it for a spirited drive or take it to a track. In a 1/4 mile drag race? G37 all the way. Long distance tourer, A5. Every day driver? A5 once again takes the cake. It might only have 210hp, but that 8 speed dual clutch transmission paired with that engine is an amazing combination.

well said! I agree that the value per dollar on german cars is probably not worth it, but after having the audi for 2 months and the infiniti for 3 years, there is definitely a different vibe in the audi.

worth 10-20k? probably not for value, but its a personal preference, If i had 40k to spend on a car OTD the g37 would still be #1 on my list.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:48 AM
G35sportsedan

lol u got an 2.0 audi fail
Old 04-15-2011, 01:08 AM
jjasonSU

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
A5 is a sexy car no doubt
Old 04-15-2011, 01:29 AM
ShyTown91
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
congrats man dont listen to all these haters.
you know what they say about opinions lol
Old 04-15-2011, 01:29 AM
alexdee

Good job, the A5/S5 is the only car I would consider trading in the g37 for.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:36 AM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
congrats on your new car! definitely a good choice, albeit the S5 would've been a (small) upgrade from the 2.0T
Old 04-15-2011, 06:57 AM
Breitling65

Well engine is what most people need from the car, not cup holders. It is sluggish model with nice look that is all. If you need to save on gas get Smart, G is not for you.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:31 AM
Breitling65

Originally Posted by tfongg37
I got Navi too, its fully loaded, the torque is over 240+ so it still move. It's actually the premium plus model with Leds day lights, bigger rims, bluetooth etc.

Admit it, car is nice but with engine from golf it is slowwwwww
Old 04-15-2011, 08:20 AM
jjasonSU

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by jjasonSU
A5 is a sexy car no doubt
And if yog doesn't quit whoring unrelated pics of his car....
Old 04-15-2011, 09:25 AM
RaizinCayne

Definitely not a downgrade. Thats a sweet car! Good call man.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:31 AM
ACoupe

The A5 is a really nice ride! Congrats!

That being said, there's just something about the exterior styling/dimensions that I just can't like. It's almost as if it's a sedan in the middle stage of transforming into a coupe. I'm also not a fan of the look of Audi's interiors, though they are really nicely put together and well built.

Regarding our Infiniti Nav, I don't think something could be more intuitive. My limited experience with Nav in a vehicle aside, I find our system to be incredibly easy to use!

koa789, why don't you switch over to an A5? Sounds like you really loved it!

EDIT: I didn't mean to sound like I was giving a backhanded compliment. I do like the A5, it just seems to be in a stutter, almost being a car I would love.

Last edited by ACoupe; 04-15-2011 at 09:38 AM.

Quick Reply: TRADED IN THE 08 g37 COUPE!