G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

G37s?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 03:22 AM
Amilam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just bought my 08 G37S on the 2nd of April. Had a few issues with it right after driving off the lot, called the dealership and they paid my bill for what wasnt covered by the factory warranty. I kept every piece of paper pertaining to the car and they actually wrote in there that the car was triple checked and found nothing wrong. So I pretty much made them eat their words. But they were really cool about it and I got my money back that I paid out of pocket for repairs. If I were you I'd threaten them with BBB talk. And if that doesnt work call your local news and let them know about it, they love stories about this kind of thing. In my area its called the Channel 3 problem solvers. never seen 1 instance where the consumer didnt get their way.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:57 AM
mikelr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Amilam
I just bought my 08 G37S on the 2nd of April. Had a few issues with it right after driving off the lot, called the dealership and they paid my bill for what wasnt covered by the factory warranty. I kept every piece of paper pertaining to the car and they actually wrote in there that the car was triple checked and found nothing wrong. So I pretty much made them eat their words. But they were really cool about it and I got my money back that I paid out of pocket for repairs. If I were you I'd threaten them with BBB talk. And if that doesnt work call your local news and let them know about it, they love stories about this kind of thing. In my area its called the Channel 3 problem solvers. never seen 1 instance where the consumer didnt get their way.
What kind of repairs did you end up needing??
Old 04-12-2011, 05:17 AM
Amilam

TPMS sensor replaced, new muffler (broken baffle inside, known issue to infiniti),window switches, removal of aftermarket wiring for iron man/ angel eyes that were added. somehow the wiring caused NONE of my guages to work at all. Pretty sweet considering that I drove 2.5 hrs to buy the car and this happens 1/2 way home.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:16 AM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Originally Posted by G37Mania
everything (bill of sale, title) says g37....I realize Im probably screwed well, but I guess I didn't really think a sport package would be reflected on those documents with the importance of the model.
For new cars it'll list the options, on a used car maybe not. I don't know.

Originally Posted by Ibanez540r
I bet the dealer didn't even know. If it was a used car lot, most of those guys don't know varying details of every car out there. They just sell you what they were told or thought. ...Reason i say is because when I originally was looking to buy used, I came across a car (online) at a used lot that was REALLY marketed as a sport, and being knowledgeable in my shopping, I knew right away it was not a sport despite the S. I sent a very brief e-mail to the place pointing out how and why it was not a sport. Couple days later I got a big THANK YOU e-mail for educating them and said they would change there add as to not, well, put someone in your shoes.
+1 I doubt the guy selling the car knew. He just saw the red S on the back and figured it was a sport model.

Is the price you paid inline with a used G37 or G37S?
Old 04-12-2011, 10:56 AM
ualdep
Registered Member

Call the dealer with the VIN #! They will tell U. Sounds like fraud to me IF they told U it was an S model; but, if they didnt & U assumed it was because of the S applique & it was USED, then it is just a modified custom car U bought without doing UR homework; do U have anything in writing from them that it was an S model? Now, do U like it as is & want to keep it? good luck!

09 G37S 10K
Old 04-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Sena

Originally Posted by simpson_G37X
non-sport bumper:

sport bumpers on the left with lip kits (3 holes vs 2):

S seats:
woah!!! those are some nice cars!!!
Old 04-12-2011, 12:03 PM
simpson_G37X

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Sena
woah!!! those are some nice cars!!!
hahahaha
Old 04-12-2011, 12:13 PM
AZg37
Premier Member

Received 46 Likes on 6 Posts
What probably happen was the first owner put the 19's on the car and slapped the "S" badge on. The dealer picked it up at auction and didnt know the difference. Most AZ used cars are sold "as is", and you should have signed an "as is" statement. If the paperwork doesn't specify "sport" you have no way of proving anything in regards what they told you when you were looking at the car. There are a lot of shady places in AZ, and I've seen MANY G's with the sport 19's being advertised as sports. If you really want the brakes, you can buy them new and installed for about 2k. Other than that, you can buy some sways, springs, and the paddle shifter kit and keep your comfy seats. The only thing you'll be missing is the lsd and bumper
Old 04-12-2011, 01:35 PM
LarryG

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Lol, there isn't too much of a performance difference between the S and the regular anyways other then the brakes and suspension. You'll still be head to head in a 1/4 mile race. They both have the exact same engine. A lot of people like the journey bumper more because it looks like the G37 concept before it came out.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:06 PM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The bbk is what makes the S worth it. But in 08 the 19's without sport package was an option.

http://www.automobilemag.com/am/99/2...s_options.html
Old 04-12-2011, 08:19 PM
csnpsu

Listen buddy, easiest way is to get the Infiniti roadside assistance APP and plug in your VIN. It does a VIN check and lets you know the model of your car. (Also this will help you avoid the shame of going to a dealership with an S and find out it is not)
Old 04-13-2011, 12:58 AM
chairman25

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sue the bum.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:59 AM
G37Mania

Appreciate all the responses. The car dealer sold me on it saying it was an "S" saying it was the best/top of the line. Regardless all the papers I signed said G37 no "S"., I didn't really think they would denote a sport package on the title/as-is doc or bill of sale. I still think it was a pretty good deal since it does have almost every other option incl. nav/bose. I'll let it be for now, but the next step is opening this baby up and getting more airflow on both ends.

* I don't really have recourse since I don't have any of the ads and the rest was verbal
Old 04-13-2011, 10:39 AM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Originally Posted by G37Mania
Appreciate all the responses. The car dealer sold me on it saying it was an "S" saying it was the best/top of the line. Regardless all the papers I signed said G37 no "S"., I didn't really think they would denote a sport package on the title/as-is doc or bill of sale. I still think it was a pretty good deal since it does have almost every other option incl. nav/bose. I'll let it be for now, but the next step is opening this baby up and getting more airflow on both ends.

* I don't really have recourse since I don't have any of the ads and the rest was verbal
My invoice says G37S but it was a new car from the dealer. I don't know if they'd do the same for a used car.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:29 PM
RaizinCayne

26k out the door for the options you got sounds like a slightly over priced nonsport price, if at all, rather then an "s" price on a non sport. Ya they fooled you, and that was crappy, but i dunno that they really ripped you off as far as getting what you paid for.

Quick Reply: G37s?????