Sponsored By:

2011 G37x coupe questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 11:54 PM
Churchill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 G37x coupe questions

Hi everyone,

This is my first posting and I look forward to actively following this forum, especially if I pull the trigger on a new G37x coupe.

I've been driving an Audi S4 since it was new in 2002. It's getting a little long in the tooth after 97,000 miles. I'm estimating maintance costs going forward the next five years for my silver baby and I've been struck by sticker shock. So, I've decided I should turn my attention to a high quality Japanese car hoping it will be cheaper to maintain than another German one over 10 years.

My local dealer doesn't have a 37x coupe in the show room right now so I haven't seen one in the flesh, only the two-wheel drive version. I'm not interested in adding the sport option (though I'd love to have the steering wheel mounted paddle shifters) but I do want the premium and navigation packages.

I have a few questions that maybe you more experienced forum members can answer for me. The Infiniti website wasn't much help, not having accurate pictures during "build your own" for the four wheel drive coupes. Infiniti--wake up, your website lags your competitors'.

1) What rims come standard on the x-version? I like the simple 10-spokes on the two-wheel drive. Is this the same rim on the x?
2) What lower front spoiler comes standard on the x, i.e., is it the same as the two wheel version?

Finally, a highly subjective question. I've decided on graphite leather with wood trim, instead of the metal trim. What color do you think looks best with this interior? I'm leaning toward, in order of preference, Lapis blue, Slate blue, Graphite. Your opinions would be appreciated.

All comments will really be appreciated. If you have pictures you could share here they would speak more than a thousand words.

Thanks everyone. Cheers
Old 04-07-2011, 01:28 AM
Stephen.wascak

Churchill,
I have an '11 X coupe, moonlight white, graphite leather with maple accents, premium, nav, trunk spoiler.

I love the car, the only thing I'd change on mine is I would have gotten the tech package, living in Ohio, the ever-changing weather warrants the rain sensing windshield wipers.

The X comes standard with the 10 spokes, Infiniti's 360 view is of the S rims for some reason

Also, the front spoiler looks identical to the 2WD version, and if you get the car, don't let them drill holes in the bumper for the plates, I can post pictures of my way around this issue if your state requires front plates.

I'd post pics but I just had windows tinted and haven't washed the car in over a week so it's showing some dirt.

Good luck man!
Old 04-07-2011, 01:44 AM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
you can look on my facebook, i have plenty of pics from the cars in my inventory, or have been in inventory...

search and search you'll find lots of answers
Old 04-07-2011, 09:36 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
I have a 11 BLK on BLK, I have tons of pics and vids of the car up on here, Just check out my threads,
Old 04-07-2011, 10:53 AM
carz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The rims on the X are 18" version of the 19" sport rims from last year. which is why they look similar.

the front bumper on the X is exactly as the non sport bumper........which is coincidentally the same as last years sport bumper...but with fog lights.

paddle shifters can be added later on without needing the sport package. theres a DIY on how to do this.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:08 AM
billy_goat

Originally Posted by Churchill
I'm not interested in adding the sport option (though I'd love to have the steering wheel mounted paddle shifters) but I do want the premium and navigation packages.
I didn't want the Sports package either but did want the paddle shifters. There's a DIY thread about adding them to any 2010 or 2011 g37; all of the cars are prewired for it, just have to get the paddle shifter kit and some of the trim pieces from a dealership; I think it was like $250 shipped. I have a contact at a dealership in Dallas that will ship if you want to pm me about it:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...installed.html

Install instructions from driver: DIY: Installing Sport paddles
Post 286 has the non airbag removal steps

I did it the non-airbag removal steps. Worked decently well. Love the end results, a lot of fun to play with and downshift even when in "D".

Originally Posted by Stephen.wascak
and if you get the car, don't let them drill holes in the bumper for the plates, I can post pictures of my way around this issue if your state requires front plates.
I agree, keep the front bumper hole free! I did, even though Texas requires front plates. With my last car I only got one fix it ticket for no front plate in 11 years of driving it. Stephen what's your way around it?
Old 04-08-2011, 10:06 AM
elementwho

About the 2011 X-version

Churchill,

I wanted to respond to you cause I recently picked up the 2011 g37x in lapis blue, with stone interior, navi and premium packages. So the main reason I wanted to right back is to let you know that the Lapis is a very hard color to come by since only a few dealers have it considering it the new color for the year. However, I did want it with graphite, but i couldn't come by it and i didn't want to special order it. On the other hand, now that i have the stone, i love the interior looks great with the Lapis, I just request you get the rubber mats.

As for the the bumper and the rims, same as the 2-wheel version. The rims are last years sport rims in 18" inch rather then 19". The bumper the is alos last years sports bumper, just that this years include the fogs.

I hope i was helpful, and trust me the Lapis is the color to get if you want something rare, since black, white, and silver are the most common purchased colors.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:10 PM
Stephen.wascak

you can actually mount the factory supplied front license plate mount to the lower grille with long bolts, washer, lock nuts, and something to space it out from the grill approximately 3". I personally used to be in car audio so i epoxy'd 2 car audio fuse holders to the back of the factory plate where the bolt holes were and fastened that to the lower grill.

No new holes because you use the factory grill holes, plus the curves of it conform perfectly the the opening of the lower grill.

Total cost, $10

I've since doen 4 of them (One of them was for the sales guy's G37XS) and they all love them

I'll post pictures tomorrow after I wash her.