G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Didnt think it would happen to me but it did...

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 11:12 PM
Jubbliepuff

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
so sad to see.... I know this has been a reoccurring problem lately... but would it be TOO crazy to invest in a tire boot?

Even if you get 2.... maybe it would deter people from stealing the wheels if they can't get all 4? or if you're crazy... just buy 4! after seeing all these posts... I don't think it's necessarily unreasonable right?... =T still sucks though....
Old 04-05-2011, 11:27 PM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ricbel
Man these thieves! Is there jail time if I beat the **** out of someone with a bat while they attempt to steal my wheels? How the hell could they have guessed you wouldn't come outside any minute.
Sadly our laws protect the thieves more than the victim. If you spot someone stealing your rims, the right thing to do is foe you to call the police and give them as much info as you can. If you beat the **** out of him, he can press assault charges or even worse like attempted murder. Only if your life/safety is in danger you have the right to defend yourself.

But like the old saying goes: "dead men tell no tales". As messed up as it sounds, you're better off beating the thief to death and claim you were defending yourself rather than just beating him in the name of street justice.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:58 AM
maxfinity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1NEETO
Sadly our laws protect the thieves more than the victim. If you spot someone stealing your rims, the right thing to do is foe you to call the police and give them as much info as you can. If you beat the **** out of him, he can press assault charges or even worse like attempted murder. Only if your life/safety is in danger you have the right to defend yourself.

But like the old saying goes: "dead men tell no tales". As messed up as it sounds, you're better off beating the thief to death and claim you were defending yourself rather than just beating him in the name of street justice.
While trying to stop the thief from stealing my rims he became very aggressive and charged towards me with a metal object in his hands. In fear for my life I emptied all three clips from my glock 17. Simple as that.... But on a serious note, I would invest in an alarm. An alarm is a deterrence. Most thieves wont bother a car with an alarm just because of the greater possibility of getting caught and their are so many other cars out there without one. I have an alarm on my car with proximity and tilt sensors. You can also pay an extra 40 bucks for a back up battery just in case they disable the car battery or you can buy a self powered siren. i have a two way alarm so my remote vibrates and beeps when my alarm triggers and I also have smart start which sends a text message to my phone everytime my alarm triggers. I would have to be dead drunk not to hear all three. Protect your investment.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:51 AM
Amilam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rough go mang. lesson learned I guess. Lug lox for me from now on.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:16 AM
G37-J

I guarantee it is the same group of people stealing the wheels over there in NY/NJ, stock wheels go for a pretty penny... Sucks bro
Old 04-06-2011, 08:18 AM
4drScreamer

Originally Posted by maxfinity
While trying to stop the thief from stealing my rims he became very aggressive and charged towards me with a metal object in his hands. In fear for my life I emptied all three clips from my glock 17. Simple as that.... But on a serious note, I would invest in an alarm. An alarm is a deterrence. Most thieves wont bother a car with an alarm just because of the greater possibility of getting caught and their are so many other cars out there without one. I have an alarm on my car with proximity and tilt sensors. You can also pay an extra 40 bucks for a back up battery just in case they disable the car battery or you can buy a self powered siren. i have a two way alarm so my remote vibrates and beeps when my alarm triggers and I also have smart start which sends a text message to my phone everytime my alarm triggers. I would have to be dead drunk not to hear all three. Protect your investment.
Best advice so far after 4 pages. Even with the alarm, people are mostly just annoyed with them and don't bother to look anymore. I like the idea of noting the wheel numbering too for the record.

You've got some serious problems in NY. How extensive is the resale market for these wheels? Where are they going? Are they staying in states or out of country? I just can't over the ***** of these guys at 8 AM driving up with cinder blocks in the back of a pickup or van and jumping out to jack these. Broad daylight, people leaving for work or dropping kids at school, etc. WTF! No one noticed? They apparently can do this so quickly that their risk is minimized. Even with locks.

The other option that I like is bags. Just slam the thing to the ground at night and they can't get it up to get blocks under it and the wheels tuck inside the fenders so they can't pull them out! I realize it's a bit extreme, but these are extreme circumstances!
Old 04-06-2011, 09:04 AM
Art Vandaley

had someone break in to my G a while ago.. since then i figured its about time to get a survalience system. so I went out and got this one:

Buy the Night Owl NONB-44500 Surveillance System at TigerDirect.ca
you can access it through the internet, and your smartphone if you have a data plan... plus something like 3 years worth of video can be stored on it.

With so many people coming by and around the house now its crazy not to have it, from the newspaper delivery at 3am at night, all the flyers that come during the day, plus whatever else get dropped off at the door, its not a far stretch to think some bastards would find out where a the car is parked and at what time.

Colour, night vision, motion detection.... what else can you really do? I noticed that the new 2011 come with motion detection sensors options for about $70... its crazy that they didnt have that in 2010...
Old 04-06-2011, 09:12 AM
DaCePtak0n

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm seeing someone in NYC now and I'm resorting to street parking so I'm hellish scared to come out of her place and find my car in such a predicament.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:00 AM
SRG

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
it's definitely a shame and so freaking sad that you have to resort to such drastic measures. security cameras? a boot for the wheels? WTF!? i mean you cant leave your car outside now? i mean thats insane. What kind of facked up world do we live in?
Old 04-06-2011, 10:18 AM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Where is this serial number? I've never seen it. Maybe you could etch the VIN number on the barrel or something.
I don't think anyone will be putting the big yellow boot on their car every night or even a chain. Granted they would probably stop a thief, but would someone put up with that hassle every day?
Old 04-06-2011, 10:23 AM
carz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is no serial number on the rims....thats false.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:30 AM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Gamedog
Old 04-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Earlblaize

I live in a "good" area and I still worry about getting jacked. Damn I feel bad for you.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:12 PM
HappyG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Didnt think it would happen to a DEALER but it did...

I just came from my dealer for an oil change. I asked the service adviser about what additional wheel lock does he recommend, he said there is no need to spend extra money because the original locks that came with my G is good enough. It will stop some high school kids from taking the wheels. He said, if a pro wants my wheels, no lock(s) will do any good.

The scary thing is, the thieves also stole several set of wheels from the dealer lot. To add insult, they have the ***** to waved at the security camera. The video didn't do any good to help catch them because their faces were all covered up.

When wheels are stolen, the car owner usually call the dealer to tow the car and to get replacement. The service adviser said his dealer received average of 5 such incidents per week last year!!! He added that this year so far is a little less...

Based on reported incidents, thieves target mostly coupes.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:42 PM
Newjersey91

This is like the 3rd or 4th time I saw posts about peoples tires/rims getting robbed You should install cameras outside your house If you dont have a garage. Because these people will keep coming back since they robbed you once in the morning its most likely to happend again. People are so jealous why dont they have to rob wheels why didnt they rob the mercedes or the lexus why did it have to be the infiniti Good luck and hope you get your money back

Quick Reply: Didnt think it would happen to me but it did...