G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Didnt think it would happen to me but it did...

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 12:34 PM
Ontario G37S
Registered Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Someone has a serious hard on for these sport rims. It's making me think twice about getting my own.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:38 PM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Sucks man. Really sorry for you. Hope insurance takes care of you. Maybe now you can get the nicer stock 19's. :P

It is New York though. It's not surprising. There are so many wheels that are jacked all of the time there. It's not just the G37 wheels.

Stone the people responsible.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:22 PM
A_Palaroan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I bet its someone who is on this forum creeping on our pages to see where we live and stuff. Invest in a alarm and wheel locks.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:20 PM
bschurr
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
As many have said, that really sux. So sorry this happened.

I would suggest that you make up a flyer advising what happened and include the location, date and time this happened and put one on every car and in every mailbox on your block (and maybe the neighboring few blocks) - I am sure someone saw something between 8 and 8:30am and perhaps they will contact you to provide some details...

good luck!
Old 04-05-2011, 03:11 PM
HappyG

Originally Posted by TommyG37xS
happened between 8-830AM this morning, I discovered it like this at 834AM, neighbor said the wheels were still on the car when he took his daughter to school at 8AM.

I live in Bayside, my neighbor across the street just got a 2011 G37xS coupe in black as well.

time to invest in some racing wheel locks with 4 distinctive lugs on each wheel
Oh no! Another incident in Bayside, NY!!! I'm sorry to see this happen to you. Hope your insurance take care of you and get it fix up soon.

What kind of wheel locks you will be investing in? Please PM me on this. I live in Bayside too and I better step up to protect the wheels before they strike again. Nothing will stop them from taking the wheels if they really want it, but at least make them earn it.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:20 PM
HappyG

Is it true that each tire/wheel is imprinted a serial number? If so, I'm going to photograph the serial number of tire/wheel. In case someone steal them and try to sell them, I have proof those are my tires/wheels and let the police and insurance company follow up.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:31 PM
HappyG

Originally Posted by chuckie311
wheels locks are very easy to get though.... time for a motion detection alarm system
Motion detection alarm system alone is not good enough. They could easily break the window, pop the hood, and disconnect the battery. It just take a few seconds to do it. Your alarm system won't be very effective.

What you need in addition to alarm system is a hood lock. It will take some time before they could disconnect the battery.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:07 PM
CDONNS

Originally Posted by FishMeetFish
Motion detection alarm system alone is not good enough. They could easily break the window, pop the hood, and disconnect the battery. It just take a few seconds to do it. Your alarm system won't be very effective.

What you need in addition to alarm system is a hood lock. It will take some time before they could disconnect the battery.
How would breaking the window and popping the hood NOT set off a motion detection alarm? My buddies F-150 Lightning's will go off if you breath on the car lol...
Old 04-05-2011, 04:21 PM
fluxemag

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Man, I feel bad for everybody who is getting jacked like that. Totally ridiculous.

I know this is probably not practical for our cars, and it would probably scratch the rims up, but for my trailer I loop a 30 foot long 1" thick chain through each of the wheels and use a lock that a regular bolt chopper can't chop.

I don't know what the answer is honestly. I had my stereo stolen out of my civic twice...with a motion sensing alarm. It was parked outside of my apartment window, I didn't hear it because I was sleeping. Neighbors don't give a rats a$$ either. One of the times the apt manager even told me she heard it going off but didn't check. The other time, it was still going off and I got a call, while we were all standing around waiting for the cops, they hit other cars in the parking lot!

Bottom line is thieves are usually one step ahead. They can get around alarms, wheel locks, whatever. I'd just love to be sitting there waiting for them.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:35 PM
HappyG

Originally Posted by CDONNS
How would breaking the window and popping the hood NOT set off a motion detection alarm? My buddies F-150 Lightning's will go off if you breath on the car lol...
It takes at most a few seconds before they disconnect the battery. Your alarm at most will sound for a few seconds. In NY, people will just ignore an alarm that only sounds for a few seconds.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:13 PM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Alarms are just noise makers. This rim stealing is getting ridiculous. Must be some sort of a ring, this can't be coincidence.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:31 PM
stevelam

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wheel locks only slow the process.. get a garage.. only thing i can think of thats fool proof, oh yeah and a sweet .22 so u can shoot em right in his azz when he's bent over so u can see his face cringe like in that movie FRIDAY where Craig's (Ice Cube) dad tells him about the dog bitin him in the azz story! LOL!
Old 04-05-2011, 08:01 PM
mystakin
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you have a garage, but its full of junk, clean it and keep the car in there. if you don't have a garage, or its got another use, i would strongly suggest checking out local garages where you may be able to keep the car. sure its a hassle, and an unexpected payment, but it'll at least give you some peace of mind. like someone else said, them knowing you live in that area / have a g37 will have them coming around in the future when they want to snag another set....
just an idea, how well could a really thick metal wire lock work? almost like what people use for bikes, but thicker and have it somehow wrap around all wheels and then to the frame of the car? sure it would take a few minutes to put on and take off, but it may be well worth it..
Old 04-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Sena

i'm so sorry dude.
living with a nice ride can bring out the haters.
i'm in vancouver canada and i'm hearing about our wheels AND calipers getting jacked.
this is sooo stupid
i don't have wheel locks on my G...
maybe it's time to invest...
good luck with your claim and hope that bastard catches some bad karma
Old 04-05-2011, 11:02 PM
ricbel
Registered Member

Man these thieves! Is there jail time if I beat the **** out of someone with a bat while they attempt to steal my wheels? How the hell could they have guessed you wouldn't come outside any minute.

Quick Reply: Didnt think it would happen to me but it did...