Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What Is Your Break-In Method?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 01:30 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by ImStricken
there is a reason why nissan insists on light weight Ester 5W3 Oil being used in our cars.
the 'Variable Valve Event & Lift' is a complex system that needs precise & exact clearance and gap to be dead on. ester 5W3 & synthetic oils provide less rolling resistance while maintaining the proper lubrication & coverage on the parts.

being a lighter weight oil, it also cools down faster, and is able to maintain its composure under extreme heat/stress conditions.
You have no idea what you're talking about.

Your statement clearly shows you've done no research on the "Nissan Ester Oil", and that you have no working knowledge of how valves work.

Stop spewing marketing statements.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:33 PM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
engine oil is to lubricate, not to trap. the oil filter is to trap. but yes the oil will hold onto particles, but its not supposed to.
One of the purposes of oil is to clean. It's main purpose may be to lubricate, but also serves to clean and cool.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:35 PM
ImStricken
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike
You have no idea what you're talking about.

Your statement clearly shows you've done no research on the "Nissan Ester Oil", and that you have no working knowledge of how valves work.

Stop spewing marketing statements.
please explain when customers come in with vvel issues the first thing thats put in is ester and it solves the adjustment issues.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:36 PM
Mike

1. NO/YESengine oil is to lubricate, not to trap. the oil filter is to trap. but yes the oil will hold onto particles, but its not supposed to.
2. larger particles trapped in the oil filter decrease oil pressure. it will then starts to bottle neck the oil pressure as oil fights to enter & exit the oil filter.
3. YES the largest particles fall to the bottom, but will and could be moved and sucked back up into the oil pump causing a clog. the oil pressure system isnt a trickle effect. its a vacuum.

and please try and explain how our vvel is the same as all other camshaft systems. id love to hear this. its so complex dealers dont even service it.
1. Then why does your oil turn black after running for even a short time? It's catching particulate matter.
2. you must be using some really ****tyass oilfilter then.
3. I know how oil sumps work.

VVEL performs the function of a cam. It pushes the valve open. Oil lubricates and cools the VVEL system (extremely watered down explanation). You're barking at the wrong tree buddy.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:37 PM
Mike

please explain when customers come in with vvel issues the first thing thats put in is ester and it solves the adjustment issues.
Friction modifier. Yes, the Ester additive is a friction modifier. Nissan's patent application was turned down because it is nothing new.

Please explain to me why every customer that comes in with VVEL issues is using a cheap oil without friction modifiers.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:39 PM
ImStricken
Former Sponsor

1. Then why does your oil turn black after running for even a short time? It's catching particulate matter.
Also, as oil breaks down it normally turns a darker color
Old 03-29-2011, 01:39 PM
Mike

Also, as oil breaks down it normally turns a darker color
The oil I use does not break down. Care to place a wager? How about your 06 CBR for my 05 F4i?

I will provide conclusive evidence that my oil doesn't break down under any normal operating condition, no matter which end of the extreme it is on.

It still turns black.

Is your precious amsoil breaking down? Must not be worth all that hype.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:41 PM
ImStricken
Former Sponsor

The oil I use does not break down. Care to place a wager?
listen if you take a mobile 1 or similar oil and its recommended and made to last 7500 and you still change it 3500- NO ITS NOT FULLY BROKEN DOWN YET.
but no oil in this world DOES NOT BREAK DOWN.
now your starting to talk out of your ahole.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:42 PM
ImStricken
Former Sponsor

The oil I use does not break down. Care to place a wager? How about your 06 CBR for my 05 F4i?

I will provide conclusive evidence that my oil doesn't break down under any normal operating condition, no matter which end of the extreme it is on.

It still turns black.

F4i? no thanks pal. still trying to get rid of my f4i LOL
Old 03-29-2011, 01:46 PM
ImStricken
Former Sponsor

OOOOOOHHHH NOOOOOOW I GET IT!! THATS WHAT THIS IS ALL ABOUT!
another one anti amsoil wacko.
i get it now.
ok nice talking to you buddy! good day.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:47 PM
Mike

listen if you take a mobile 1 or similar oil and its recommended and made to last 7500 and you still change it 3500- NO ITS NOT FULLY BROKEN DOWN YET.
but no oil in this world DOES NOT BREAK DOWN.
now your starting to talk out of your ahole.
I do extended OCI, and I drive my cars under far harsher conditions than you likely do. It still does not break down.

Like I said, you're really barking at the wrong tree.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:50 PM
ImStricken
Former Sponsor

I do extended OCI, and I drive my cars under far harsher conditions than you likely do. It still does not break down.

Like I said, you're really barking at the wrong tree.
listen, i realized your an anti-amsoil gear head that has it in for amsoil because on many occasions it has beat out mobile1's BS slogan.
im not going to get into an oil argument on here WHEN THIS IS A TOPIC ABOUT YOUR BREAK-IN IDEA'S.
you cant prove to a single person, that your oil does not break down.
if someone developed an oil that never broke down, you would never have to change your oil, and only change your filter out intermittently. so thanks for the convo's but its done here.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:52 PM
Mike

listen, i realized your an anti-amsoil gear head that has it in for amsoil because on many occasions it has beat out mobile1's BS slogan.
im not going to get into an oil argument on here WHEN THIS IS A TOPIC ABOUT YOUR BREAK-IN IDEA'S.
you cant prove to a single person, that your oil does not break down.
if someone developed an oil that never broke down, you would never have to change your oil, and only change your filter out intermittently. so thanks for the convo's but its done here.
PM me for empirical evidence.

You still have to change your oil because the buffer/base in your oil will eventually be unable to buffer/neutralize the acidic particulate that is a result of hydrocarbon combustion.

Go take some basic chemistry, and we'll have a discussion about oil.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:53 PM
ImStricken
Former Sponsor

EVERY OIL BREAKS DOWN. FROM THE MOMENT IT IS USED, IT IS NOT THE SAME OIL AS IT WAS BRAND NEW.
EVERY OIL BREAKS DOWN. SOME SOONER THEN OTHERS. BUT YOUR STATEMENT THAT YOUR OIL DOESNT BREAK DOWN, IS FALSE AND COMPLETE BS.

AGAIN, YOU CAN DO OIL ANALYSIS ON AN AN OCI OF 5,000MILES, ON A 7,500-15,000mile OIL AND YES IT WILL NOT BE BROKEN DOWN COMPLETELY, BUT IT SURE WILL BE HALF WAY THERE.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:54 PM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Oil is related to break in period. You recommended going to synthetic oil changes after the break in period.
No tapping out to strikes now Tito Ortiz.

Quick Reply: What Is Your Break-In Method?