Sponsored By:

G's on top of bricks....

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 10:27 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by CDONNS
You sir are a genius! Never thought of that (not that it's an issue for me).

Curious though, when people do this do they bring a jack and then use bricks as stands or are there usually like 3-4 guys that lift the car and then bricks get wedged?
No they put bricks or a substitute under your car that just fit snug... then..unbolt your lugs.. then... let air out tires... come back in 20 mins... remove... seee ya!

That Easy.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:34 PM
R10T_x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boxer04
Every now and then I see a post or thread that talks about their G's wheels being stolen. It sickens me to know that just because we are able to drive said cars and are able to customize them to our hearts content that we also live with the risk of having that taken from us. It sucks BUT it happens.

The point i'm trying to make is that if we do care for our G's so much then why do we park it or drive it in places that are susceptible to car theft or vandalism?
Wouldn't we take more care of WHERE we park our G's or take preventative measures for them? Location is a big factor when considering theft. Where you live or where you drive to and from.

So I'm asking those that have had their wheels stolen and i'm also asking those that live in a "bad" neighborhood:

1. Did/do you feel secure enough to having your G out in the open?
2. Knowing that it is possible that thieves can steal from you that you would choose to have a different car or save your money on something less "flashy"?
3. If given the opportunity would you choose to move? Or is locations not a factor for you?
well this is my first post on myg37 im a g35 driver but man all i see are post about 37s getting their wheels stolen that sucks im lucky i park my car in a garage and some of u should invest in some better wheel locks ijs i heard volk only has like 4 different lock keys not sure if its true but i heard about that so i stayed away from those anyways hope u guys have better luck and or find the person/s who stole ur wheels
Old 03-25-2011, 11:03 PM
JMacsG37

I had wheels stolen off my G. Reading stuff people said locks are useless since when people want them they'll take em. I say bullsh*t. You need to steal my car and a cutting torch to take my rims off now.

Sad thing is I found out the guy who stole them and the cops wouldn't do anything because i didn't know the serial # on the rims since i bought them used.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:49 AM
CDONNS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Xcalibur
No they put bricks or a substitute under your car that just fit snug... then..unbolt your lugs.. then... let air out tires... come back in 20 mins... remove... seee ya!

That Easy.
Wow....never knew. Thanks
Old 03-26-2011, 09:42 AM
HappyG

Originally Posted by Xcalibur

That Easy.
Why come back 20 minutes? Couldn't they just get the job done right away?
Old 03-26-2011, 09:55 AM
droogie
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm failing to see how turning your wheels prevents them from getting stolen. Can someone elaborate?
Old 03-26-2011, 10:10 AM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by droogie
I'm failing to see how turning your wheels prevents them from getting stolen. Can someone elaborate?
Wouldn't it get stuck in the wheel well when trying to take them out? ... I honestly don't know either, just a theory

Maybe it's harder to take out the lugs, cause I know if my wheels were turned, it'd be hard to get out the wheel and the lugs.. or is that just me
Old 03-26-2011, 11:40 AM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
What amazes me is most are stealing the stock rims, barring abuse to the car if this happened to me I'd thank them and put the insurance money on a set of volks.

Reminds me of the time when I had theives steal my 1975 CR125 Elsinor (my flyin machine) out of my back yard! Thing is though I had cracked the frame a couple days earlier, the engine was shot.. tryied to decarbonize it myself the day before, the gas tank developed a leak taking it off. It was junk.. they did me a favor. They were probably wondering WTF.. we saw it flying like hell a few days ago and the thing won't even start now...and what's this gas stain on my garage floor??

Last edited by RedG37SNC; 03-26-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:50 AM
gandules

Hey guys,
It doesn't matter where you live (questionable location or not). It all comes down to demand and opportunity. Two weeks ago I had my G vandalized. It was in an upscale location. A total of 12 wheels were taken in a matter of 4 hours. All three vehicles were left on blocks. My G, Toyota Venza, and an Acura TL (all factory wheels). This is what they do.

G's on top of bricks....-imag0343.jpg

G's on top of bricks....-imag0349.jpg

G's on top of bricks....-imag0352.jpg

gandules...
Old 03-26-2011, 12:10 PM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
^ Was your window like that or did they shatter it? (I know it all came out in one piece since you had tint)
Old 03-26-2011, 12:45 PM
gandules

They broke in through the top molding of the door, flexed the glass until it snapped, ripped the seat while stepping in the vehicle, destroyed the glove box because it was locked also keyed the car to add insult to injury. Repairs totaled $15,000.00. Now the junkies will sell them for $200 bucks on the street. Theres probably a nissan sentra driving around with some G wheels right now. LOL!

gandules...
Old 03-26-2011, 05:40 PM
gandules

They are running rampant here in Connecticut. It's just a matter of time when they get caught. This is going to hurt all G owners across the nation, insurance premiums are going to go sky high. You work hard and take pride in what you own and some scum bag feels they are entitled to what you have. It's hard to be impartial with these loosers, i just need a few minutes with one of them.
1* gandules...
Old 03-26-2011, 06:07 PM
qwerty0092
Registered Member

+1 how does turning the wheels help??
Old 03-27-2011, 12:30 PM
G37spot

Originally Posted by Alex57r
Here in NY these ****ers do it in any neighborhood. i have 3 sets of wheel locks which i think is retareded, but I have seen cars with more and it still does not help. Waiting for gorilla locks to make new designs becasue the thieves here have the original infiniti keys. I never thought about the turning the wheels all the way thing, it sounds good, but the *******s proly have a way aroudn that too.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Not only happen in NY, my neighbour(Quebec) has his wheels stolen.
Imagine if it can happen on his maserati, how much scary I am for my G37S
Attached Thumbnails G's on top of bricks....-bricks.jpg  
Old 03-27-2011, 12:54 PM
SpartanG37S

This is scary I'm fortunate enough to have a garage and I always keep both cars inside even tho' I live in a nice neighborhood. You can never be too careful these days.

Quick Reply: G's on top of bricks....