Sponsored By:

Any ex GTO owners here?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 06:01 PM
Mcdoogle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any ex GTO owners here?

Hey All,

I've always had a soft spot for the G and I am wondering who here has gone from the LS2 GTO 6mt to a (coupe) G37s 6mt?

I am at a crossroad at this time, the GTO has 67k on it, runs solid and I am ready to do some work to it (Cam, suspension, Headers, other misc stuff) The way I see it, Mod money is money you will never see again once you perform the mod. This brings me to my quandary: Do I continue on my Mod path, or do I trade for a G?

I know the 'buy x or y car' thread has been done many times, so I just want to ask of any of you have traded the GTO for a G, and how do you enjoy your G? I have access to some very nice, long back country roads which I spend my weekends (In the GTO and on a BMW K1200RS), so that's the sort of driving I enjoy. Will I miss anything besides 400 lbs of torque if I trade the goat?

Money wise it is a break even for me, the nearest g 6mt is 3 hours away and I plan to try it this weekend, any input before that time would be much appreciated!
Old 03-21-2011, 06:43 PM
G Girl

I had a 2005 automatic GTO that I traded in for a 2009 G37S coupe. I'm happy with my G. The ride is a lot smoother and overall the G feels more stable than the GTO ever was. The GTO is a lot faster but you can mod a G to be just as quick. Plus the G gets betters mpg's. The ride is completely different in both of them so I advise you to test drive the G and see if you are ready to make the change. Overall, I'm happy I traded in the goat.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:20 PM
koa789

Keep the goat. It's not too much of a step up, unless you're really into gadgets that the G37 has over the GTO. Every day driving, the GTO is more enjoyable due to the amount of low down tq. it produces, and once you open it up, it's still a no contest.