Sponsored By:

If you ordered your car, be prepare to wait a little bit longer

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 04:54 PM
G37SBS
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 2009G37
Crap! I hope there wasn't a parking lot full of 2012 GTRs that look like that!
lol i was thinking the same thing. I don't mind paying damaged GTR for 50% off MSRP
Old 03-11-2011, 05:14 PM
aexis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would you really pay 20k for a G whose engine, actually ENTIRE CAR has been submerged under water for an hour or more? Not sure how long they were flooded but from some vids it looks like the water came in then stayed around, didn't just start receding. The interior probably all have water damage too. Who knows what kinda debris got in there. Even if some of them look like they weren't even scratched (ones in bottom still in a row) I would bet the engines are pretty damaged or at least not going to perform at 100% in some way.

45k for a flooded GTR might sound like a deal but I would stay away from that too. Besides like others have said they probably can't legally sell them anymore even if they wanted to. Even after being salvaged they may not be sellable

Last edited by aexis; 03-11-2011 at 06:43 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:23 PM
G37SBS
Registered Member

Originally Posted by aexis
Would you really pay 20k for a G whose engine, actually ENTIRE CAR has been submerged under water for an hour or more? Not sure how long they were flooded but from some vids it looks like the water came in then stayed around, didn't just start receding. The interior probably all have water damage too. Who knows what kinda debris got in there. Even if some of them look like they weren't even scratched (ones in bottom still in a row) I would bet the engines are pretty damaged or at least not going to perform at 100% in some way.

45k for a flooded GTR might sound like a deal but I would stay away from that too! Besides like others have said they probably can't legally sell them anymore even if they wanted to. Even after being salvaged they may not be sellable
so what will happen to those cars? they will use the parts to warranty our car? hopefully not.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:27 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Over 370 BMWs bound for New Jersey port damaged in shipping — Autoblog

anyone remember that? and people still paid full price for their new BMW's....
Old 03-11-2011, 06:09 PM
NYCMaxima

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2009G37
Crap! I hope there wasn't a parking lot full of 2012 GTRs that look like that!
OMG, please dont say something like this.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:16 PM
carz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
based on the picture alone, about 20% can be sold with no problem.......maybe even a little repair.

the ones whose engine is flooded...parts will be reused, recycled.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:28 PM
aexis

A lot of parts like the wheels, rims, spoilers, grilles etc might get reused for warranty work.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:30 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
This entire thread is indicative of what's wrong with the world. Yes I realize that this is an automotive forum and the information is topical. But does anyone else find it incredibly insensitive that the discussion is on damaged vehicles and how much they're worth when one of the biggest natural disasters in recorded history is still taking place and hundreds of people have lost their lives, the entire country of Japan is in ruins, and there's an imminent large scale nuclear disaster unfolding and untold suffering? Have just a tiny bit of decency and compassion people. Not a single sentiment of caring toward Japan or it's people was expressed by a single person in this thread.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:39 PM
aexis

Originally Posted by Black Betty
This entire thread is indicative of what's wrong with the world. Yes I realize that this is an automotive forum and the information is topical. But does anyone else find it incredibly insensitive that the discussion is on damaged vehicles and how much they're worth when one of the biggest natural disasters in recorded history is still taking place and hundreds of people have lost their lives, the entire country of Japan is in ruins, and there's an imminent large scale nuclear disaster unfolding and untold suffering? Have just a tiny bit of decency and compassion people. Not a single sentiment of caring toward Japan or it's people was expressed by a single person in this thread.
People talking about the damage of cars while there are human lives being lost does seem very detached. However I feel that most of us on this forum do feel the utmost compassion and sympathy towards the people of Japan devastated by this disaster. I personally have family living in the area that was effected and was trying to contact them all night, I finally got through to them a few hours ago.

You are right, this is a topical forum where the focus will be on cars respectively, but I think as a forum community we can show some respect to what has happened and not lose sight of what is important in life. I am glad my relatives are safe and hope the best and swift recovery for the people of Japan.

Last edited by aexis; 03-11-2011 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:49 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
People talking about the damage of cars while there are human lives being lost does seem very detached. However I feel that most of us on this forum do feel the utmost compassion and sympathy towards the people of Japan devastated by this disaster. I personally have family living in the area that was effected and was trying to contact them all night, I finally got through to them a few hours ago.

You are right, this is a topical forum where the focus will be on cars respectively, but I think as a forum community we can show some respect to what has happened and not lose sight of what is important in life. I am glad my relatives are safe and hope the best and swift recovery for the people of Japan.
I truly hope your family is OK and wish them the best on trying to piece their lives back together. Hopefully they aren't in imminent danger form the nuclear reactors. Best of luck to them and everyone.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:23 PM
G37SBS
Registered Member

You are right. I hope your family is ok. i wish them a fast recovery.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:38 PM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
+1 I posted my dislike on the lounge thread. My fiancé's family lives in Kyoto and Hiroshima but they're fine. Yeah it is a car forum but can we not be materialistic at least once?
Old 03-11-2011, 07:43 PM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Btw just saw that fleet catch fire on CNN.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:49 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
^ I'm sure those are gone too. Only good thing is I hope the Versa's and Juke's are gone.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:58 AM
SpartanG37S

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't think that it's that the people in this thread don't have any sympathy for those whose lives were lost in the midst of this natural disaster. It's the fact that the OP's thread was about the cars.

It doesn't necessarily negate the point you're trying to make, but I think I speak for more than just myself when I say that many of us express our deepest sympathy for those involved, even those it wasn't mentioned in the thread.

-Spartan

Quick Reply: If you ordered your car, be prepare to wait a little bit longer