G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Dont Let This Happen To You

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 06:01 PM
11_xS_coupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
very easy solution to the problem, get a couple of your boys and go over to the guys house and see what the F is up. If you want, call you local PD before and let them know what you are doing, say that you are going to tell the guy your going to purchase them from him, and that your going to go to see what the deal is. I Guarantee you if the cops in that department have ANY sense, they will send a squad car over to investigate rather than have you and your friends go over. Ive done this before, and had 2 detectives show up even before i showed up. It works, they dont want a shooting or somehting like that on there hands.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:38 AM
nydealer

damnnn bro that suckz reminds me of when they stole my rims
Old 03-15-2011, 11:03 PM
dmcconnell68

Originally Posted by TomsG37
Won't the tpms still be registered to your car?
That's what I was thinking. Any Infiniti dealer should be able to read the tpms sensors.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:21 AM
rAiN
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
way too many gangstas in this forum now...
Old 03-16-2011, 12:25 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
I wont let that happen to me, thats fur sure
Old 03-16-2011, 01:32 AM
gevo1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sry to here this it looks f***ed up!!! I would definetly do what others have suggested, go to his house and if its your wheels then beat the s**t out of him and brake the wheels on his head!! For me it wouldnt even be about the money its about them being a**holes. As far as the cops go, they are wayyyy too busy handing out fix-it tickets to care.

For the wheel locks, like mentioned they can chisel them off. What they do instead is, spot the car, see where you park a lot and for how long, then they take a little mold of the lock with some clay and come back when they have the key. Some guy told me this at a gas station and suggestion to still have wheel locks because it atleast gives them a little bit more trouble.

Anyone know about these shock sensors? Can these be installed on the factory alarm system?
Old 03-16-2011, 01:50 AM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by kishmich
I woke up this past Sunday morning, looked out my window, and this is what I saw. Don't let this happen to you. If you don't have wheel locks on your G, get em! I think it's a pretty worthwhile $50 investment.

Luckily, insurance covered everything and I was back up and running in 2 days.

The crazy part of this story is that I actually looked online about 3 hours after I noticed them missing, just to see the actual cost of the wheels, and I came across a craigslist ad posted at 7:49am that morning, that listed for sale, my exact wheels!! The guy was asking for $800 for the entire set of 4 rims and 4 tires! These were the 18" 5 double-spoke Sport Rims and original tires from a 3-month old 2011 G37xS! Retail for these tires and rims is about $4k and change.
Of course the cops cant do anything about it because how do I prove they are mine?!
PM sent.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:31 AM
LakeShow

Damn that sucks. I feel your pain.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:51 AM
jjasonSU

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Damn man. Sorry to see that. I've had this happen before
Old 05-17-2011, 11:12 PM
kishmich

Originally Posted by FishMeetFish
Where did this happen? NY?
Very good guess. And it actually happened in a neighborhood that was voted one of the safest neighborhoods in NY.

Originally Posted by ImStricken
im sorry to let you know that wheel locks are worthless.
seeing it from both sides of the fence, iv taken plenty reports of rims stolen in the hood, and also being a grease-monkey i can show you how i just took off a wheel lock in less then 30seconds on a friends car that lost his key: [strong chisel and hammer. few bangs per rim, and it loosens up.]

the chizel and hammer is one way. banging a slightly larger socket into the bolt, and changing the shape is another way.
I think its a slight deterrent.

Originally Posted by breftayka
You have the guys contact information! Take the law into your own hands and handle bidness brah!!!
Sucks to hear man sorry. In regards to wheel locks. You are more likely to hear someone trying to remove your wheels by beating a socket or chisel with a hammer than you are someone with a breaker bar and socket. Just saying.
Thanks for the advice. I wish I had the time and energy to devote to nailing the scumbag(s) behind this. The problem is, the guy listing the wheels is probably just a fence who bought it off the team who lifted them. Too many degrees of separation. And the detective I spoke to, didn't even want to listen to my story until I had a report number which takes 48 hours from filing report to receive.

Originally Posted by ImStricken
dont go and handle "BIDNESS" -
i think a visit to the police dept's detective bureau with your states "Probable Cause" law in hand should spice things up.

im sorry to say, but detectives are often to busy to handle investigations that insurance companies will rectify anyway.
its a sad reality, but it if it was their car- they magically would find the time, but that's life: UNFAIR.
+1. The fact that this is a "Victimless" crime, due to the fact that insurance will pay, just makes it that much easier for police to ignore. The problem is that everyones insurance rates in that area will go up in the future because its an added statistic now, so really a whole bunch of people are affected.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:30 AM
TommyG37xS
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Happened to me 6weeks ago when i woke up and my 2011 xs coupe was missing all 4 wheels. had to replace the 4 wheels and the sideskirts.

Mine happened right in front of my house in bayside, ny.