Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
WTF.... stupid thread!
Old 03-07-2011, 12:20 AM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TVPostSound
And I only use 87 when given a loaner from the dealer.
How many people actually use 91 to top off a loaner??
I fill up dealer loaners with 91.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:38 AM
JuicyG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bro you will be fine shell is the best gas station gas quality wise!!! the regular is like mobiles premium my father owns a shell and there have been many tests do not even worry bout it. We actually can fill regular gas in our G's and we will be fine it is just recommended that we fill premium it will give us are full potential of our cars and little better gas mileage because the gas doesnt get eaten up as fast. Dont even worry relax
Old 03-07-2011, 02:58 AM
Doggy

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
I fill up dealer loaners with 91.
WTF? Why lol
Old 03-07-2011, 03:36 AM
briann510

Originally Posted by JuicyG37
Bro you will be fine shell is the best gas station gas quality wise!!! the regular is like mobiles premium my father owns a shell and there have been many tests do not even worry bout it. We actually can fill regular gas in our G's and we will be fine it is just recommended that we fill premium it will give us are full potential of our cars and little better gas mileage because the gas doesnt get eaten up as fast. Dont even worry relax
Shell regular is like Mobil premium? What crock of sh*8 is that? Octane is octane. No way in he*8 Shell regular octane is the same as Mobil premium octane. One brands regular (87) will NEVER be the same as some other brands premium octane (91 or 93). No brand is going to give away 4 points of octane in their regular gas!
Old 03-07-2011, 04:22 AM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Buy a gallon of toluene at home depot and add it to your tank. Problem solved.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:25 AM
JuicyG37

Th grade of shell regular was almost the same grade as mobile premium this is because Shell and and chevron used oil based gasoline while am/pm, mobile, 76 etc use water based gasoline. This is why shell and chevron regular gasoline is almost as good as mobile premium. I over exaggerated when i said its exactly the same thing but they are almost close. This is why shell and chevron is the most expensive gasolines and am/pm and mobile is cheaper. Am/Pm and other comapnies use water based gasoline which means more water then gasoline. the reason why the gasoline still does the job is because the additives put into the gasoline. That why never fill up there not even premuim same with mobile and maybe 76 im not really sure about 76 though. people filling up am/pm mobile etc are asking for car problems fast. U get what you pay for. My opinion people can never go wrong with shell v power or chevron techron both the best gasolines quality wise on the market guaranteed. This is the secret gas companies keep from you. Also it all depends on the additives put into the gasoline to help the engine. Shell and chevron premium fuel was rated number one on that. Shell has nitrogen in all fuel grades also which cleans the engine while running!
Old 03-07-2011, 04:54 AM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^^ I'm sorry I need a more credible source. What you justsaid makes little to no sense to me.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:08 AM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Originally Posted by doggyfresh102
WTF? Why lol
Why wouldn't I? It's what the cars require. Just becuase it's not my car doesn't mean I'll treat differently then I would my own.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:28 AM
csnpsu

I can't believe this is a question, I have never put super in my car. I have put 87 in since the day I bought it and it drive beautiful.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:33 AM
RichG

Calm down, there is your solution. Its not like you poured veggie oil in your tank..its just a preferred gas rating for our engines. Not the infiniti bible haha
Old 03-07-2011, 10:07 AM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Actually, according to the bible (owner's manual) it is required.

Use unleaded premium gasoline with an octane rating of at least 91 AKI (Anti-Knock Index) number (Research octane number 96). If premium gasoline is not available, unleaded regular gasoline with an octane rating of 87 AKI number (Research octane number 91) may be temporarily used, but only under the following precautions:
● Have the fuel tank filled only partially with unleaded regular gasoline, and fill up with unleaded premium gasoline as soon as possible.
● Avoid full throttle driving and abrupt acceleration.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:44 AM
colburs

FYI,

Top Tier Gasoline

Buy from one of these stores and you're all set.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:59 PM
y3chen86

Thanks for all the information guys. I spoke with the store manager today and he offered to take the gas out of the car with a hose/pump and refill it with the 91 octane.

Honestly, I think this is more trouble that it's worth. At this point, I'm okay with just driving the car like a grandma until the next fill up. All I wanted is just a $50 gas card for my troubles or at least a refund, but the manager said he can't do that because of "inventory." If I wanted a refund, he'd have to suck the gas out of the car and process a refund due to inventory issues. I'm sure that's much more cost-efficient than just processing a refund. He also told me that their 91 is just a combination of the 87 and 89 mixture... which makes no sense to me. I feel like he's just trying to avoid responsibility for this and this is more of a matter over principle that anything else.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:39 PM
Romulus1

^ how do you make a higher octane out of 2 lower octanes........ wtf

Quick Reply: HELP! Shell gas station screwed me!