G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Super Sleeper G37s - 583whp

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 11:36 AM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
I assume there are no 0-60 numbers ... would love to know what kind of crowd this beast runs with. I'm a fan of the sleeper look myself. Outstanding ride!
Old 03-04-2011, 12:44 PM
Adam West
Registered Member

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
Great build you got there. I'd love to see some track times if you can put down all that power, probably need to get a set of slicks/drag radials.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:00 PM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Very nice. Love the sleeper look.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:43 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
+1 on going with wheels other than Vossens, they're too heavy on a car that's already too heavy. If you want width why not try fitting 11" tires?

Fixed your thread title to avoid flaming/confusion btw
Old 03-05-2011, 08:24 AM
4drScreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OMG_ROTFLOL
The sway bars already have made a HUGE improvement over the stock G37's that I have already driven. I don't want any more racy in the suspension than it is already. I know it needs 4 wheel balance/alignment and will see how the car feels/drives after that happens, and spending a few more weeks me getting used to the handling and power.

On the outside I would like one of those black lips. and read mud flaps, and some rims looking at the 83s lately - look a little more aggressive than the v1s
My suggestion for coils isn't for racyness. It's just that springs, iMO, won't give you the same quality ride you are experiencing now. Coils lower the car, are height adjustable, and ride more like what you're used to. The other part of the suspension that comes into play is the toe and camber. When you go to get it aligned talk to them about adding camber arms front and rear. The toe and camber adjustment in lowered positions also help with ride quality by helping to control steering and grip. Especially when you bump up to wider tires, you'll want to be able to have maximum adjustment in your wheel angle.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:08 AM
OMG_ROTFLOL

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 4drScreamer
My suggestion for coils isn't for racyness. It's just that springs, iMO, won't give you the same quality ride you are experiencing now. Coils lower the car, are height adjustable, and ride more like what you're used to. The other part of the suspension that comes into play is the toe and camber. When you go to get it aligned talk to them about adding camber arms front and rear. The toe and camber adjustment in lowered positions also help with ride quality by helping to control steering and grip. Especially when you bump up to wider tires, you'll want to be able to have maximum adjustment in your wheel angle.
what are your recommendations for coil overs and camber arms?
Old 03-05-2011, 10:11 AM
jasonviper

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
I would love to see an IPL badge on this thing and then go scare some AMGs or M5's
Old 03-05-2011, 10:43 AM
OMG_ROTFLOL

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JuicyG37
Amazing Amazing Amazing!!!
thks

Originally Posted by ijahman
NICE!!!!Sleepers are the coolest cars...I wish I would have went your route power first then mods...
I just got lucky and found one with mods already done.

Originally Posted by myk1013
Very nice! A nice set of wheels and drop and your all set.
my thoughts exactly

Originally Posted by SpartanG37S
Man, that is one helluva sleeper. I'm jealous, down right jealous Oh yea, and +1 for CV1's. The wheels are just sick and people ask me about them a few times a week around here. I'm the only G in the area with them, so they aren't played out here
I am leaning towards the Vossen 83's - I think look a little 'tougher'

Originally Posted by vistec
Very sweet
Dude!!

Originally Posted by jjasonSU
Damn! Looks good man.
If I see you rolling down I-75 I will respectfully move over to the right lane!
respect my authoritiiiii!!

Originally Posted by 2008G-Man
I assume there are no 0-60 numbers ... would love to know what kind of crowd this beast runs with. I'm a fan of the sleeper look myself. Outstanding ride!
no 0-60 times, I don't how to drive the car yet. The twin disk clutch is my first and is taking some getting used to, not to mention all the power and torque, which I have never had in a car either.

Originally Posted by Adam West
Great build you got there. I'd love to see some track times if you can put down all that power, probably need to get a set of slicks/drag radials.
I already have race tires on the vehicle and it still breaks the tires loose on command

Originally Posted by 1NEETO
Very nice. Love the sleeper look.
just a few updates to make it mine, wheels, lip, mud flap, tint

Originally Posted by G37Sam
+1 on going with wheels other than Vossens, they're too heavy on a car that's already too heavy. If you want width why not try fitting 11" tires?

Fixed your thread title to avoid flaming/confusion btw
what 11" tires/rims can I fit??

Originally Posted by jasonviper
I would love to see an IPL badge on this thing and then go scare some AMGs or M5's
I actually plan on complete de-badging.