G37S wheel spin--lack of

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 06:08 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by GTLAW
oh God how old are you?

Really you want to try and destroy your rear axle and tires and drive shaft?
Spinning out every now and then is in NO WAY WHATSOEVER going to destroy the car. Count to 10, drink a Zima, and relax.

There's nothing wrong with pushing the car like that here and there.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:13 PM
wlmngtn

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
oh God how old are you?

Seriously?

Old 02-27-2011, 07:14 PM
cousineddy
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh God how old are you?

Now thats funny!! Is like saying "You bought an F350 and you are gunna tow with it? Really you want to try and destroy your rear axle and tires, transmision, springs and drive shaft?"
Old 02-27-2011, 07:36 PM
cousineddy
Registered Member

Originally Posted by FM37
I'll chirp it in 2nd all day long. You fellas with the AT are missing out...
The AT chirps good in second with the 5AT. Even got a little tail wiggle today. I really like this trans.

I just got the car yesterday. I played more with the car at higher speeds today, I was able to get some good sideways action today with the VDC off. I guess if you can get both rear tires spinning, the TCS doesnt intervene...or it seems. Its when the inside tire spins around a corner that you get TCS intervention. So, I think I am happy now. Just got to get used to the car's personality.

Now, the 6MT sucks in this car! It was very irritating when I was shopping. I did not like the first one I drove. Seems most of the sports are 6MT. Harder to find the AT in sport.

But really, f%uck that manual trans. Clutches chatter and slip, go out at 30K miles, doesn't engage till you are 1/2 inch from full extended pedal, clutch fluid lines overheat and boils the fluid and drops the pedal, or partially disengages the clutch and burns it up. Warranty wont cover. Seriously? Its also tough to text drive and shift. You want to pay $2K for a clutch every two years? Even 4 years? People tend to push what they have, even if it sucks. LOL

Would be nice to get the 7AT, still too much money yet.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:00 PM
FM37

Originally Posted by cousineddy
I just got the car yesterday. I played more with the car at higher speeds today, I was able to get some good sideways action today with the VDC off.
Did you buy the car for drifting wtf?

Now, the 6MT sucks in this car! It was very irritating when I was shopping. I did not like the first one I drove. Seems most of the sports are 6MT. Harder to find the AT in sport.
Sounds like it was irritating cause you can't drive stick...i lowered my clutch engagement and the difference is night and day from stock.

BTW the real sport model is the 6MT. The AT models are just the journey with sport package add-on.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:05 PM
Gazan37
Banned

Originally Posted by Modme
So many people complain about the VDC system. They dont appreciate it until they crash or have a near crash experience.
once you learn to drive with it off its actually very annoying if its not raining or very cold roads. I've actually almost gotten into many accidents becuase of vdc as opposed to it helping me
Old 02-27-2011, 08:25 PM
Frankyg37s

i wish i wouldnt spin out so much even with vdc on fken winter
Old 02-27-2011, 08:27 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by Gazan37
once you learn to drive with it off its actually very annoying if its not raining or very cold roads. I've actually almost gotten into many accidents becuase of vdc as opposed to it helping me

Like making a right turn, and almost getting hit because the VDC is braking your car!!
Old 02-27-2011, 09:37 PM
cousineddy
Registered Member

Drifting, cornering, 1/4 mile, tire smoking, picking up chicks, driving 157 mph to California...what else do you buy a sports car for? This must be your first? lol
Old 02-27-2011, 09:49 PM
cousineddy
Registered Member

Originally Posted by franky2222
i wish i wouldnt spin out so much even with vdc on fken winter
You should have got the G37X! I bet that car is great in the snow.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:59 PM
wlmngtn

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like it was irritating cause you can't drive stick...i lowered my clutch engagement and the difference is night and day from stock.

BTW the real sport model is the 6MT. The AT models are just the journey with sport package add-on.
Thats why my 7AT is faster than your 6MT

I kidd, I kidd.. lol
Old 02-28-2011, 06:55 AM
usndocgreen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I did the clutch spring removal DIY, where is the one for lowering the engagement if you don't mind me asking?
Old 02-28-2011, 09:03 AM
FM37

Drifting, cornering, 1/4 mile, tire smoking, picking up chicks, driving 157 mph to California...what else do you buy a sports car for? This must be your first? lol
Drifting, cornering, tire smoking, and 1/4 mile....are you serious. If so, then you bought the wrong car fool. I can name a ton of cars better than the G to do all those things.

Originally Posted by usndocgreen
I did the clutch spring removal DIY, where is the one for lowering the engagement if you don't mind me asking?
For the G37s, it's 1.5-1.7 turns.

DIY: High Clutch? want to lower your clutch engagement point? - G35Driver
Old 02-28-2011, 12:53 PM
jsawyer

in my 2001 330i there were two levels of "off", the first being off but it would kick in when needed (like losing it arond a corner) and then if you held the button down foe 4 seconds the tracktion light would flash 3 times and you would be totally on your own. I don't know if the Infiniti's have this option, but I doubt it.

I borowed my friends truck two weeks ago and let him use my mustang that has over 600 rwhp and the traction controll is shut off in the tune...like someone stated earlier, it sounds like a good idea to shut it off untill you lose the rear tires overcorrect and hit a tree.....$9,800 worth of damage. I blame me more than him.
Attached Thumbnails G37S wheel spin--lack of-wrecked-mustang.jpg  
Old 02-28-2011, 04:32 PM
cousineddy
Registered Member

Drifting, cornering, tire smoking, and 1/4 mile....are you serious. If so, then you bought the wrong car fool. I can name a ton of cars better than the G to do all those things.
Cars that you havent driven? LOL

Quick Reply: G37S wheel spin--lack of