Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

BMW does free maintenance, why not 'free tickets' for G37

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 04:16 AM
joo030879
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
I suggest go to CarMax. Convenient, fast, and you will not loose too much money, since they are generous when purchasing but a stiff when you want to buy from CarMax. With the money, buy 335i. And do what I did with it.

Every 2-3 month Engine looses power. Rough start, check engine light. Fuel Pump. Piston Miss Fire. Injector mal function. And same problem goes in cycles.
Yeah service is free, but you end up driving either the rental car or loner car for 1-2 weeks. And for countless visits I had 335i sedan loner only once. Usually a compact cars like Corollas, Civic, Ford, and etc. And you continue making monthly payments to BMW financial each and every month.

Finally got fed up Lemoned, after months of legal battle. BMW lost and I won.

Will I ever purchase another BMW, no.

09 G37S I own now. 0 problem so far. 15k miles 1 1/4 year.

My friend who also own G37S ended up getting 335i rental. Because the old lady who hit his G, has a very decent coverage. After driving 335i for 3 weeks we now know for sure G's are much superior to 335i. With all the mods we have done on our G's our cars still remain cheaper, more reliable, and much better than 335i.

335i on straight has torque to pull you forward fast. But under turn the car has serious issues. On third it turns on one wheel. All the weight shifts to either the left or right front wheel. To avoid make turn on a 4th gear, and rear becomes loose.

Should not a car at least 10K more expensive come fully equipped with best of or close to what after market parts available for our G?

So far I made less than 3K invested on AfterMarket parts on my G. And far superior to 335i.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:25 AM
vVv818

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The Jewbag
Ah you need to either get out of your state or make better connections because I can get the S4 for about $625 a month with about $3000 down and they're not $300 oil changes lmfao wtf are you talking about...We've had for Audi's in my family so I know how much maintenance is on them...my problem is the fact that Infiniti gives you a big deal about EVERY LITTLE THING even the TSBs that they're supposed to fix...I'd rather not deal with the hassle every time I go to the dealership.

Oh and I can get the 335xi with about $3500 down for about $550 a month with M package and fully loaded from a dealer over here in NY
One, I have great connections...two I'm never leaving Cali...three ur numbers r all lies.much like everything else uve said like the crap about not being able to switch leases with ifs ..I know ppl who have done it.. another thing I had Audi's too and I chose the G over the s4 bcuz I'm saving 300 a month for about the same car...I would obviously choose a German or Italian over a Japanese car but I didn't want to pay over 400 a month so I got the G..I get ur dealer problems, all dealers suck ...I've had drama at Audi and bimmer dealerships , that's a given with all companies ..their nice to u at first then when u want them to fix something . They give u hell..
Btw which dealership is offering the s4 @ that price ill give them a call tomorrow and I'm talking taxess included
Old 02-16-2011, 09:00 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Didnt feel like reading all the posts but regarding the CTS-V, my best friend had one a few years ago and bought it brand new and I swear he drove a loaner Caddi more than his own car because it had some many issues with the final problem being a snapped drivetrain.

Last edited by Kidcane; 02-16-2011 at 09:28 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:17 AM
The Jewbag

Originally Posted by vVv818
One, I have great connections...two I'm never leaving Cali...three ur numbers r all lies.much like everything else uve said like the crap about not being able to switch leases with ifs ..I know ppl who have done it.. another thing I had Audi's too and I chose the G over the s4 bcuz I'm saving 300 a month for about the same car...I would obviously choose a German or Italian over a Japanese car but I didn't want to pay over 400 a month so I got the G..I get ur dealer problems, all dealers suck ...I've had drama at Audi and bimmer dealerships , that's a given with all companies ..their nice to u at first then when u want them to fix something . They give u hell..
Btw which dealership is offering the s4 @ that price ill give them a call tomorrow and I'm talking taxess included

Yea all lies because the internet is srs business and I need to lie to all my internet friends to make my c@ck seem bigger.

First off, call IFS, ask them if you can completely transfer ice your lease into someone elses name without being liable for late payments. They'll tell you no. So either you're misinformed, your friend's lying to you, or you're lying to me.

Second, the S4 in question is through a leasing company, probably the only place I'm going to be getting my cars from, my family has leased 3 cars from him and he's always come through. You want the number/name because you don't believe me? That's pathetic in itself but PM me for the guy I deal with.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:18 AM
The Jewbag

Oh and ask Igor how much he's paying for his S4, see if it's the $700 you were saying. LAWLZ
Old 02-16-2011, 09:21 AM
The Jewbag

Originally Posted by qwerty0092
ya sure, why'd you get it in the first place,, smartie.

What is this my interrogation? I got it because I was a 19 year old kid with a good job and a bunch of money in my pocket and I wanted something a little flashy. I seriously did 0 research; I came back to the country (was away for a year) saw the 2nd gen coupe on the road went to the dealership and got the car. Plus my brother had a first gen 6mt coupe and he had fun with it but it was a one year lease so he didn't have the problems I'm having

Last edited by The Jewbag; 02-16-2011 at 10:33 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:02 PM
carz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i didnt read through the whole thread........i dunno if it was mentioned before.....but ill say it again

nothing comes free...one way or another you're paying for that service. you'd be pretty naive if you thought otherwise
Old 02-16-2011, 12:19 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
^ I'd like to know how you explain that because the cost of bmws have not sky-rocketed since they started to offer free maintenance, my father had a B7 the year before they started offering their free maintenance, and the next year they offered the free maintenance program the B7 was the same price. I know just recently BMW raised the price of their cars, but it's been almost 6 years since the program started? But I guess you're kind of right in theory, BMW cost more, BMW has more higher tier customers, BMW averages more sales on higher prices vehicles, just because their in the financial position to give something back to their customers they shouldn't be knocked for it? I've never had 1 service issue with BMW rather recall or "free maintenance" EVERY SINGLE time I've been to an Infiniti dealership I get BS over service warranty work and TSB work, they act cheaper than ford and the only reason half of my work even gets approved is due to the fact I've personally bought 3 infiniti's so they want me in a fourth. I don't know about service prices... I'd never get an oil change at in Infiniti dealership because my car can't fit on their lifts, and refuse to deal with Nissan after their class action lawsuit trying to rip off Z owners with their placebo oil.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:29 PM
madmax2k1
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yea all lies because the internet is srs business and I need to lie to all my internet friends to make my c@ck seem bigger.

First off, call IFS, ask them if you can completely transfer ice your lease into someone elses name without being liable for late payments. They'll tell you no. So either you're misinformed, your friend's lying to you, or you're lying to me.

Second, the S4 in question is through a leasing company, probably the only place I'm going to be getting my cars from, my family has leased 3 cars from him and he's always come through. You want the number/name because you don't believe me? That's pathetic in itself but PM me for the guy I deal with.
BS; the S4 lease will be at least $750/month whether you lease through a company or not. The G offers the best bang for the money in the luxury class.

I wanted a 335i Sedan initially, but I couldn't justify the 10K premium a BMW commands over a comparably equipped G37.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:36 PM
RYs06MT

^ I agree for the price nothing is better if you want a mix of sports and luxury. And I also agree he's not leasing a $65,000 dollar car for $600 a month. But I do know for a fact IFS won't do lease transfers, well they will, but you're still liable until the maturity date of the lease if the third party leaser decides to stop making payments. My friend tried getting out of his M and was told the same thing.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:38 PM
RYs06MT

Edit that I'm thinking the S5.... Maybe the S4 what do those cost? Isn't that one cheaper than the TT-S?
Old 02-16-2011, 01:18 PM
The Jewbag

Originally Posted by madmax2k1
BS; the S4 lease will be at least $750/month whether you lease through a company or not. The G offers the best bang for the money in the luxury class.

I wanted a 335i Sedan initially, but I couldn't justify the 10K premium a BMW commands over a comparably equipped G37.

You're still false and you're welcome to ask Igor what he pays.

EDIT: also if you enjoy your car great I'm happy for you. It's like all these guys are just fanboys needing to change my opinion about how I feel about Infiniti vs. other car brands.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:38 PM
RYs06MT

^ maybe they felt bad for igor and gave him a deal? Isn't that the 800 guy who got ran over and 2 cars totaled? Do you have any idea what his fico score was? What his down payment was? If a lease do you know his term? Do you know which options are in his car? Was it brand new or one of those cosignment dealerships that sell/lease used luxury cars? And I'm no fanboy trying to change your mind, I agree the S4 is a better can than the limited edition G sedan, and the S5 is a better xar than "any" G coupe... People are always going to hate when you do something better in life. Infiniti is good, not great... It's a stepping stone to luxury cars, Audi will take you further in that direction when comparing to Infiniti that's just fact, Audi offers a different class of cars, Infiniti can't even put suede on a headliner yet......
Old 02-16-2011, 01:45 PM
The Jewbag

Originally Posted by RYs06MT
^ maybe they felt bad for igor and gave him a deal? Isn't that the 800 guy who got ran over and 2 cars totaled? Do you have any idea what his fico score was? What his down payment was? If a lease do you know his term? Do you know which options are in his car? Was it brand new or one of those cosignment dealerships that sell/lease used luxury cars? And I'm no fanboy trying to change your mind, I agree the S4 is a better can than the limited edition G sedan, and the S5 is a better xar than "any" G coupe... People are always going to hate when you do something better in life. Infiniti is good, not great... It's a stepping stone to luxury cars, Audi will take you further in that direction when comparing to Infiniti that's just fact, Audi offers a different class of cars, Infiniti can't even put suede on a headliner yet......

His fico score isn't better than mine lol, and I know what I was quoted. But thank you finally for backing me up and calling out these fanboys because that's what's going on over here....but I guess that's my fault the first place to find G37 fanboys is on a G37 forum . lol
Old 02-16-2011, 02:34 PM
soundmike

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Trust me, if I wasn't bound to the lease because IFS doesn't let you transfer the lease into someone elses name, I would. Until then, I need to wait a few more months.
There are many ways around that. You can trade it in for a different vehicle, for example. Or just sell it outright to a dealership/Carmax.

As for the OP's original comment. Infiniti does offer "free" scheduled maintenance services that although expensive still makes any Infiniti more affordable to purchase than its German counterparts, it's calle dthe Infiniti Elite Maintenance Plan.

FWIW, Infiniti could include this plan on all new cars sold, possibly even increasing prices a bit, but i personally prefer that they don't -- that way i get the car for a decent price, and i personally enjoy maintaining the car myself.

Quick Reply: BMW does free maintenance, why not 'free tickets' for G37