Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

BMW does free maintenance, why not 'free tickets' for G37

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 02:11 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Bo2point0
I heard BMW maintenance only did oil changes and other things at the maximum interval.
So if manual says oil change every 9k miles thats when they will do it and not any sooner.

So if you are like me and do oil changes more frequently than the manual says, you are screwing the pouch on a BMW.
You can get it done sooner, I have one, and their oil is rated to last 9-12k miles so why would you change it any sooner? You'd just be wasting monies, even if you drive hard they use the same oil and time frame for changes in their "M" models, which have been tested to run harder and longer than a G.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:13 PM
RYs06MT

Originally Posted by da mayor
we have $19.95 oil change promotions all the time.... who is complaininga bout that price?
That's a very great deal...
Old 02-15-2011, 02:13 PM
MACS

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by The Jewbag
And even then that wouldn't make sense because you pay a slight premium for BMW not only because of the name but because of the free maintenance.
Slight premium? A similarly equipped BMW would have run me about $8,000 more than I paid for my G and have less HP. The maintenance they do for you would only run you that much because they overcharge for everything. And they don't really do all that much for you in 4 years, really.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:16 PM
RYs06MT

^ covering everything but tires on your car for 4 years isn't really doing anything? Oil, tune ups, brakes, rotors, fluids, actual car washes that dont scratch your car, lunch... Okay.... Go back to Infiniti and ask them to just do that for you because it isn't really anything and see what they say.....
Old 02-15-2011, 02:54 PM
The Jewbag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MACS
Slight premium? A similarly equipped BMW would have run me about $8,000 more than I paid for my G and have less HP. The maintenance they do for you would only run you that much because they overcharge for everything. And they don't really do all that much for you in 4 years, really.

Interesting, but completely wrong.

S brake pads and rotors are ****. Had I not fought with service to replace them UNDER WARRANTY I would have spent upwards of $700 replacing them, and the aggravation I had to deal with to get them to pay for it was insane.

Oil changes? $40 every 3 months.

Less horsepower? Even if you want to say that BMW didn't advertise the 335 with less WHP than it actually makes (countless dynos prove this) the lack of actual torque that we have in this car is abysmal and again, the 335 makes more.

Also, I can get a 335xi 6MT with M package fully loaded for maybe $30 a month more than what I pay now, and with that I get no aggravation to replace parts that should be replaced under warranty, I get a solidly built car with no rickets and creaks and squeaks and moans, I get free maintanance, and a german car, not a piece of **** Nissan. God I hate this car.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:46 PM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Bo2point0
I heard BMW maintenance only did oil changes and other things at the maximum interval.
So if manual says oil change every 9k miles thats when they will do it and not any sooner.

So if you are like me and do oil changes more frequently than the manual says, you are screwing the pouch on a BMW.
Why are you doing oil changes more often than what the manual indicates? Have you sent any UOA's? I'm sure you're wasting your money.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:03 PM
qwerty0092
Registered Member

S brake pads and rotors are ****. Had I not fought with service to replace them UNDER WARRANTY I would have spent upwards of $700 replacing them, and the aggravation I had to deal with to get them to pay for it was insane.

Less horsepower? Even if you want to say that BMW didn't advertise the 335 with less WHP than it actually makes (countless dynos prove this) the lack of actual torque that we have in this car is abysmal and again, the 335 makes more.

Also, I can get a 335xi 6MT with M package fully loaded for maybe $30 a month more than what I pay now, and with that I get no aggravation to replace parts that should be replaced under warranty, I get a solidly built car with no rickets and creaks and squeaks and moans, I get free maintanance, and a german car, not a piece of **** Nissan. God I hate this car.
why you in a G then, must be some reflection on your intelligence.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:13 PM
1NEETO

Why do you even own a G then? Get rid of it if you hate it so much, I guarantee you'll be much happier.

If you're changing your oil at the dealership every 3 months then you're wasting your money (unless you put 6k+ miles every 3 months). And you're using monthly payments as an argument? 30 more bucks a month for 60 months (the average payment term) is 1800 more bucks at the end of the term. Might not sound like a lot of money for a "superior" car but it still $1800.

I think you had a lemon G. It happens, even to those superior German cars. My '08 has no rattles or squeaks as of yet, it's not perfect I have scratched interior door handles and steering wheel paint is peeling off but the car itself still feels very tight.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:38 PM
The Jewbag

Originally Posted by 1NEETO
Why do you even own a G then? Get rid of it if you hate it so much, I guarantee you'll be much happier.

If you're changing your oil at the dealership every 3 months then you're wasting your money (unless you put 6k+ miles every 3 months). And you're using monthly payments as an argument? 30 more bucks a month for 60 months (the average payment term) is 1800 more bucks at the end of the term. Might not sound like a lot of money for a "superior" car but it still $1800.

I think you had a lemon G. It happens, even to those superior German cars. My '08 has no rattles or squeaks as of yet, it's not perfect I have scratched interior door handles and steering wheel paint is peeling off but the car itself still feels very tight.

Trust me, if I wasn't bound to the lease because IFS doesn't let you transfer the lease into someone elses name, I would. Until then, I need to wait a few more months.

Originally Posted by qwerty0092
why you in a G then, must be some reflection on your intelligence.

Exactly. Or, you know, the fact that I can't get rid of it yet. Tard.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:44 PM
1NEETO

What you getting after the lease ends? 335i?
Old 02-15-2011, 04:46 PM
The Jewbag

Originally Posted by 1NEETO
What you getting after the lease ends? 335i?

S4 or CTS-V sedan
Old 02-15-2011, 04:47 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Brake pads are covered by BMW??? Does not seem right.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:40 PM
RYs06MT

^ yup... And rotors, nice huh? Everything but tires.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:22 PM
HappyG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How about Infiniti pay for my son's college tuition so he could buy Infiniti cars for life after graduation?
Old 02-15-2011, 07:33 PM
1NEETO

S4 or CTS-V sedan
I would go with the S4 even thought the cts-v is much faster. You think your G rattles? Go try an American car.

Quick Reply: BMW does free maintenance, why not 'free tickets' for G37